Captain's Club Cocktail Hour Changes

eddiebama

WE are Diamond with Royal and giving Celebrity a few cruises in the near future. I wish the pre-loaded drinks or Elite Happy hour had the same hours as Royal. We are late seating diners and like to have a few glasses of wine prior to dinner, not hours before. We don't get the drink packages as we only have the 3 glasses of wine per evening, don't drink coffee, don't drink fruit juices, and have 2 diet Cokes during the day on top of the free iced tea at meals.

When the vast majority of folks on board have 1-2-3, there is no reason to attend the happy hour....

I've found this to just not be true.

We are just off 2 weeks on Summit, & while the vast majority had the drink package, the lounge was still alive & well on both legs. Also, on our TA on Silhouette in April, they had coupons, & still the lounge was so crowded, one could barely find a seat if they arrived late. For many, many CC members, us included, the lure of the CC cocktail hour is as much the meeting & getting to know other like minded cruisers, as it is the free cocktails. BTW, the appetizers were varied from night to night, & delicious!

Edited by richsea

I've found this to just not be true.

We are just off 2 weeks on Summit, & while the vast majority had the drink package, the lounge was still alive & well on both legs. Also, on our TA on Silhouette in April, they had coupons, & still the lounge was so crowded, one could barely find a seat if they arrived late. For many, many CC members, us included, the lure of the CC cocktail hour is as much the meeting & getting to know other like minded cruisers, as it is the free cocktails. BTW, the appetizers were varied from night to night, & delicious!

I suppose it may change from one sailing to another. I would like to see the lounges and happy hours continue and that way people do have the choice of using the vouchers or the lounge.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Made with adding olive juice. :eek: I prefer mine dry with a twist. Now you're probably going to ask "what's a twist?" :D

I do know what a twist is. :D And I love olives!

WE are Diamond with Royal and giving Celebrity a few cruises in the near future. I wish the pre-loaded drinks or Elite Happy hour had the same hours as Royal. We are late seating diners and like to have a few glasses of wine prior to dinner, not hours before.

Me too! 5-7 is so early for us.

"A twist"...

It's what you shouldn't get your knickers in. :D

Sorry, my bad. I'm going now...

Now, that is funny, I don't care who you are. :D

Edited by Texed
I spell like Ole McDonald.

Please don't believe that the happy hours are not appreciated. I have met the most wonderful people during these happy hours and is the major reason I stay loyal to RCL / Century.

Just turned down a free Carnival cruise and bought a Celebrity one basically because of the diamond / elite benefits.

Always look forward to this break from the kids in the other lounges.

Great photos!

What other drinks are included beside this Dirty Martini? What is that, anyway? I am not a martini drinker, but intrigued. :)

I'm sure there's a menu picture somewhere on CC....from memory, a screwdriver, old fashioned, manhattan are on the list. Strangely, while tomato juice and vodka are on the list, a bloody mary isn't one of the included drinks (even though it is included at the elite breakfast. Generally, if you ask for a bloody mary, there's no problem but I've had waiters and a bar manager tell me that it's not on the list. I politely asked them for a spicy tomato juice and a glass of vodka with a large extra glass filled with ice. They got the idea....

Thank you! I guess that the Margarita's are not on the list? Is a G&T allowed?

How did I miss free BM's at the Elite breakfast?

Knickers in a twist, panties in a knot. Moving on..... :D

Growing up, we always said...knickers in a twist and panties in a wad.:D

Made with adding olive juice. :eek: I prefer mine dry with a twist. Now you're probably going to ask "what's a twist?" :D

Vodka or Gin?

Shakened or stirred?

How much vermouth?

:D :D

drink up 🍸🍸🍸

I did a search on CC and could not come up with the menu's, so tried Google and found them on the Preismans' website. I love them!

Here's the menu as of 2014.

http://www.thepreismans.com/pan_can_menus.htm#elite

Does this sound about right? I do not see the Dirty Martini on there.

Edited by Iamthesea

I'm sure there's a menu picture somewhere on CC....from memory, a screwdriver, old fashioned, manhattan are on the list. Strangely, while tomato juice and vodka are on the list, a bloody mary isn't one of the included drinks (even though it is included at the elite breakfast. Generally, if you ask for a bloody mary, there's no problem but I've had waiters and a bar manager tell me that it's not on the list. I politely asked them for a spicy tomato juice and a glass of vodka with a large extra glass filled with ice. They got the idea....

Excellent, all I have to do is ask for enough separate drinks and I can make whatever cocktail I wish at my table.:p

Thank you! I guess that the Margarita's are not on the list? Is a G&T allowed?

How did I miss free BM's at the Elite breakfast?

Growing up, we always said...knickers in a twist and panties in a wad.:D

Also available - champagne or a mix with either peach juice or orange juice

Also available - champagne or a mix with either peach juice or orange juice

I love a Peach Bellini. Is this also at the Elite breakfast or just during the cocktail hour, or both? I know that Mimosa's can be ordered during the cocktail hour.

• 2 weeks later...

We're Elite, enjoy the lounge during the cocktail hour & book the premium package, have not had an issue with slow service with the coupons at the bars that accept them. We've have seen several quite happy folks, but never any out of control or "power pounding" drunk folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WE are Diamond with Royal and giving Celebrity a few cruises in the near future. I wish the pre-loaded drinks or Elite Happy hour had the same hours as Royal. We are late seating diners and like to have a few glasses of wine prior to dinner, not hours before. We don't get the drink packages as we only have the 3 glasses of wine per evening, don't drink coffee, don't drink fruit juices, and have 2 diet Cokes during the day on top of the free iced tea at meals.

I agree with you, but since Celebrity uses a large lounge for their happy hour, I don't think they have the crowding issue that RCCL had in their Diamond and Concierge Lounges. That is the primary reason they moved to the pre-loaded drink vouchers. Celebrity doesn't really have any reason to do this for every cruise, and I guess it's more cost-effective when they do expect a crowding issue on some cruises to just use the paper vouchers.

Pre-loaded drink vouchers are a much greener way to go, too. You'd think just from an environmental point of view they would stop killing trees and making more trash with paper vouchers.

Just returned from the 14 night Eclipse cruise and we received three drink vouchers each day AND had the Elite Cocktail Hour in the Sky Lounge each evening. We had the beverage package, so we didn't use the vouchers or attend the Elite Cocktail Hour. This is the third cruise we have been on where both were offered.

Just returned from the 14 night Eclipse cruise and we received three drink vouchers each day AND had the Elite Cocktail Hour in the Sky Lounge each evening. We had the beverage package, so we didn't use the vouchers or attend the Elite Cocktail Hour. This is the third cruise we have been on where both were offered.

A question: did you receive vouchers for the first night, or did they start on night 2?