Celebrity Summit Live report 4/4/15 - First Luminae and new suite benefits sailing

need2bespoiled

Hello Norma! It's a tough choice for sure but we'd rather cruise less and sail in suites. Maybe once we make Zenith we'll sail in sky suites but Dee is as spoiled as I am.

The brunch menu was the normal brunch menu, YUM!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also heard Jole say she is not allowed to have guests take alcohol out of Michael's Club which we know is false but we just smiled. The other guests response was "but what does it matter, we have a premium package anyway" to which the response was silence :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We had the same problem on Reflection Nov 1,2014 cruise. We are Zenith with the free premium beverage package. I complained to Captains Club when I returned and they corrected that problem shortly after. We have also experienced no bar server before 5:00 PM on Reflection and none before 5:30 on Eclipse. Apparently it is the HD & F&B trying to "save money".

Thank you for the updates!

I have both penthouses and the adjoining sky suites booked for Millenium on June 12--you've convinced me it's going to be spectacular.

If you have the time, please continue tantalizing with photos of the menus and the dishes you try.

Many thanks for taking the time on your cruise to share with the rest of us.

I almost forgot, since we're not having dinner in Luminae tonight, I asked for and snapped a picture of the dinner menu during brunch. I asked if they'd be serving the Luminae menu at the Captain's table tonight (presumably it will be us, the penthouse guests we had dinner with last night, and the other penthouse guests and maybe others eligible for Luminae anyway) and was told it would be a variety from around ship...we'll see.
[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/05/a6428e605133a2e21db9308049b696fe.jpg[/IMG]
Happy sailing,
Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

Jenna, I am very much enjoying your report from Summit. I will be onboard the next 2 weeks although not in a suite. Happy to hear you are enjoying Luminae.

Would you mind telling me a little about the entertainers around the ship? Who is the guitarist, who is the party band, and anything else you care to mention. Thanks, and hope to meet you next week.

Jenna, I am enjoying your review so very much.

We are looking forward to dining in Luminae when we board the Summit on April 25 for the TA.

So lucky to be on the Summit with Capt Dimitrios and Rich Cleson. We have enjoyed them on a few previous cruises and look forward to seeing them again.

Like all things new, a few kinks in the beginning but I am sure they will be worked out at Luminae. I think Celebrity finds out more from these boards then they do from the surveys.

Enjoy your cruise, where I am sure the weather is wonderful:D and I look forward to reading more and enjoying the cruise along with you.

Carol

Our butler just brought the menus for tonight by, which was great, even though he knew we wouldn't be dining there but he brought dessert too. It's the first time I noticed the small print at the bottom, each menu is numbered AND dated so do expect changes. All the more fun!

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/05/e7fb635504fbf01ab1b964373d926042.jpg[/IMG]

I was told we could order off the MDR for items like onion soup and Cesar salad.

Bistro on 5 is still $7

Happy sailing,
Jenna

Jenna

Thanks for the posts and the pictures, really appreciated after all the hype and looking forward to seeing more of the menus. Sadly have to wait until October to try this out on Eclipse :(. Good news - all the kinks will have bee sorted by then :). Hopefully.

One point though - part of the suite perks is an inclusive premium drinks package. Does that not mean all the prices for coffee or teas etc on the menu are actually included?

Stephen

Thanks for posting Jenna, it looks like they really stepped up their game with that brunch menu :)

I don't see dining in the new suite restaurant in my future, unless I cut back to a cruise every 3 years instead of 2, :eek: but it's fun looking at the photos, have a great trip!

Hi Jenna,

Can you please post your observations to Formal nights in Luminae when you have a chance. We still plan to dress formal on these evenings. My daughter is already planning her next evening dress. She is a jeans and Converse girl but does enjoy getting dressed up on these nights.

The brunch menu looks delicious. I can't wait until December to try it.

[quote name='milesfromu']Thanks for the report. If by chance you learn what the current perks are for booking onboard, please report. Enjoying the information you are sharing. Enjoy the cruise![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/05/a80c62f9b6e263c9cf4a9249b484a89d.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/05/077c8e18647ff82d6489b7a57bca8068.jpg[/IMG]

Happy sailing,
Jenna

Jenna,
Thank you so much for your review and photos. We need to be in major diet mode for a couple months before our cruise with Luminae and a premium beverage package. Oh my gosh!!
I hope you have a great cruise and I do appreciate all the effort you're putting into this for all of us "hungry" for Luminae reports.

I saw the post about wine in the Connie thread. Since we have so much I hadn't inquired but I will. We rarely drink wine in the room. Captains table was as usual in the MDR. It was a fun mix of folks including guest on their honeymoon, guest celebrating their 20th and a couple getting married Tuesday in St Lucia.

We'll do formal night on Thursday in Luminae so I'll try and remember to respond on dress there but my guess is it will be varied sailing to sailing. There are kinds in Luminae as a number of suites have kids and dress has been a mix even for adults on the ship. We wore gowns as dress was stated as formal for the Master's table and we choose to abide (and don't pay for luggage).

We haven't paid to drink anything except the wine we've purchased and done our fair share of sampling around the ship :D

I'll get a shot of the breakfast menu but we'll be doing breakfast on the balcony as we arrive in port.

Happy sailing,
Jenna

[quote name='hvsteve1']Premium beverage card is not included in Sky Suites so, unless you have a card, you pay.[/quote]

I didn't know that Steve. But my question is still the same - If you have a premium package as part of the suite perks does that not mean all the prices for coffee or teas etc on the menu are actually included?

Stephen

[quote name='sr2']I didn't know that Steve. But my question is still the same - If you have a premium package as part of the suite perks does that not mean all the prices for coffee or teas etc on the menu are actually included?

Stephen[/QUOTE]

If you have the package, it is covered regardless of venue.