Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Wow, lots to catch up with.

Kazu your pictures are wonderful of the Canal. My DH had ask me about all the umbrella's, so I could answer his questions.

Meet and Greet sounded wonderful, with a nice compliment of officers.

Yes please, to the menu for the Master Chef dinner and pictures, that would be so good.

We had dinner with the Captain when we were on last fall, your in for a treat, he is quite a host and I can assure you there will be escargot for an appetizer and chocolate for dessert, two of his favorites. If you really want some fun, ask him why they call ships in the female vernacular, but be prepared for his answer, sort of off color. (do people even say that any more:o)

Lizzie who is the piano player? Hope you feel better by tonight, so glad you have hot water.

Wow, lots to catch up with.

Kazu your pictures are wonderful of the Canal. My DH had ask me about all the umbrella's, so I could answer his questions.

Meet and Greet sounded wonderful, with a nice compliment of officers.

Yes please, to the menu for the Master Chef dinner and pictures, that would be so good.

We had dinner with the Captain when we were on last fall, your in for a treat, he is quite a host and I can assure you there will be escargot for an appetizer and chocolate for dessert, two of his favorites. If you really want some fun, ask him why they call ships in the female vernacular, but be prepared for his answer, sort of off color. (do people even say that any more:o)

Lizzie who is the piano player? Hope you feel better by tonight, so glad you have hot water.

YAY escargots :)

I think LIzzie may be resting.

How careless of me not to post the entertainment.

Jeff Warren is in the piano bar.

The Adagio on our cruise are very good. Sadly, one was sick last night so there was none. We went to hear "the Band" and it is a huge letdown compared the "the Band" on the Prinsendam. Really, really old fogie stuff, played too slowly with too much acoustic guitar and percussion IMO.

We have the BB Kings Blues and they will be performing tonight at the Black and White Ball.

So far for the shows (other than the Westerdam entertainers), we have hd Craig Carmean (comedian), Bande Artistique ( a theatrical variety show), the Chris John Show and tonight the show will be a pop violinist Cara-C. The show tonight is earlier of course (6 and 8 pm) because of the Black and White ball.

Thanks Kazu, for filling in for Lizzie. Good information, don't think I've ever heard of Jeff Warrer. Sounds like he is pretty good from Lizzie description of the fun they are having in the piano bar.

We were up there with them last night and we had fun with him.

Listened to him the other night too and we quite enjoyed him. I hadn't heard of him either but the Westerdam usually has decent people on board entertainment wise.

I just LOVE this unlimited internet. No worries if CC takes a while to load, no counting the minutes. Makes things a lot easier and a lot more fun.

But Captain- Please hold the ship still when I am writing thank you cards - LOL. The ocean is very peaceful - I just timed the writing at the wrong time.

Thanks Kazu, for filling in for Lizzie. Good information, don't think I've ever heard of Jeff Warrer. Sounds like he is pretty good from Lizzie description of the fun they are having in the piano bar.

Listened to him the other night too and we quite enjoyed him. I hadn't heard of him either but the Westerdam usually has decent people on board entertainment wise.

Jeff Warren is from Toronto and has been on many HAL ships. Fantastic entertainer, unbelievable knowledge of songs and their origin as well as music history.

Jeff Warren is from Toronto and has been on many HAL ships. Fantastic entertainer, unbelievable knowledge of songs and their origin as well as music history.

Thanks taxmantoo good information. I certainly don't cruise that much, so haven't run into him on any of the ships I've been on.

And now, for a bit of back tracking.....

here are the locks at Lake Gatun....

f1a9684deaa3b09970f5d272f8ccadba.jpg

927a7473498d68b47f03a476bf29f7cc.jpg

and our second set of locks:

aa0ac3d9f94aa33d97455a4de0342805.jpg

407bcb10d8df9ae9f8ffe266c3f17ad0.jpg

the last time we were on the Canal (just the partial on the Zuiderdam), they had mules (real ones) moving the ships. Nw they have these motorized car things but they are still called mules in the tradition of the original pullers of the Panama.

Jacqi:

I enjoyed these pictures. I hope to be on the Westerdam next spring as she makes her way through the P.C. in 2016.

Himself

"POA1" post=46290663]Please, please, please tell me that people are getting plenty of pictures of the cantankerous old geezers. If not, then it's time to start hunting dinosaurs.

LOL - I took a picture of the lines people during the boarding process. I was excited, so thought everybody was. I sent the picture to my son & daughter. My daughter responded that the people looked like the pictures you see from the Ellis Island immigration process. Yep she was right. My husband commented a couple days ago that some of them still haven't cheered up much since then.

We were up there with them last night and we had fun with him.

I just LOVE this unlimited internet. No worries if CC takes a while to load, no counting the minutes. Makes things a lot easier and a lot more fun.

But Captain- Please hold the ship still when I am writing thank you cards - LOL. The ocean is very peaceful - I just timed the writing at the wrong time.

Love it!!

We have been on quite a few different ships and have never heard of Jeff Warrer.

All the times we sailed the canal, Celebrity, Princess and HAL, none every put the umbrellas on the bow to provide shade. Some chairs and some shade are what some really seek on transit day. Great idea for Westerdam's crew to think to do that.

I have only seen this done on full transits.

Not to worry sail, I think I know how not to share my cold. i'll fill you in if you if you need to know.

Good. I've seen URI's spread like crazy on cruise ships.

Hope you feel better soon.

Cruz Chic, this is just the remaining few on the largeplate at the official sail away wine tasting! A ton of snacks and lots of choices of wines to taste in Kazu's suite. Yum! Ice wines, chocolate wine, all wonderful. A good time was had by all.....