Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Is it dark and overcast today for the Panama Canal? It looks gloomy. Also, is that the Westerdam approaching Mira Flores?

It is dark and cloudy. we had a tad of rain but the views are great and the lack of strong sun helps keep it cooler :)

It is dark and cloudy. we had a tad of rain but the views are great and the lack of strong sun helps keep it cooler :)

It looks like the kind of weather we had on the Statendam in 2009 about this same week in April :) It did help with the sun not beating down on us .

Thanks to the cloud cover the temperature is actually cooler than when I went through the canal last year in January. Even with the humidity it is not too bad out on deck. I am having trouble getting the website to load. I got one screenshot and then I lost the site.

Lots of passengers out on the bow of the ship.

let us know when you can see us. We are not on the bow. Less crowded here :)

A ton of people at the locks with binoculars waiting to see us :)

i just got shown by 0bnxshs that you can zoom with the ipad (embarrassed or what). here's all the people waiting for us. I guess the Sail a Way gang is known even in the Panama - LOL

4e656a3f3acc018c818a9eacba82d999.jpg

Are you on the forward "porch"? I see people but not with much clarity. Right now the regular camera has a better zoom the HD camera.

Roy

we are on deck 7 balcony, 3 cabins aft of the glass elevators.

10 of us here - all part of the Sail a Way gang.

Did they have something special on the bow going on? There were lots of big umbrellas...some kind of food stands possibly?

they have been there since this morning. There were panama rolls, water, juice, mimosas at 8:00 am, etc. It's part of the Canal transit :)

We had so much fun going through these locks.

At the observation tower, there were a ton of people and there is a guy announcing. Obviously the Sail a Way Gang's fame (or is that infamy) has reached far and wide. people were waving to us madly and we were cheering and waving back and yelled the Sail a Way Gang.

the narrator counted us on the balcony and we were the focus as we went through - too funny :)

1a32ef4bdaf596f1e5f874cad576a647.jpg9ce23df55ed436f002a52df506441717.jpg

Edited by kazu

Sorry, tried but never did see you. Seemed to be at the wrong angle. Just a question were you on the right side or the left of the ship?

Great photo's of the Canal.

port side Melodie which last time I checked was the left side. too bad.

In this case it's the "right" side for the webcam as there is no webcam on the starboard (right ) side.

poor battery dying. have to plug in and will be back on the ipad later.

fun day today - lots of cheers, good fun, good company and everything.

port side Melodie which last time I checked was the left side. too bad.

In this case it's the "right" side for the webcam as there is no webcam on the starboard (right ) side.

poor battery dying. have to plug in and will be back on the ipad later.

fun day today - lots of cheers, good fun, good company and everything.

Thanks Kazu, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Yeah, left side is where the canal web cams are.

Thanks Kazu, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Yeah, left side is where the canal web cams are.

I'll have to remember that next year when we go through...so DD and DSIL can see us. We have a starboard cabin so will have to stand on the bow.