Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Both URLs yield same results across all browsers on my tablet. Thanks for the suggestion to try both, Brian. I don't use dropbox myself so don't have an account to see if I have access to it with the Value package but can access my evernote account with both browser and app. Weird.

Okay - Here's a workaround for you. Or at least an attempt at a workaround. I uploaded the files to one of my servers. For the first 20 files, I resized them to a maximum width of 1,024 pixels. Each of those files in in the neighborhood of 260 KB. When you get to files 20 and beyond, the files are full size and clock in between 3,200 KB and 3,900 KB. The big files are the ones where you can make out the people. They'll resize to your browser window, but you'll be downloading the full resolution image. You'll want to right click and do a Save As... If you're using a tablet, just long press the image and you should see the file operations dialog which will allow you to save the images. Once you've saved the files, you can zoom in and see your lovely, smiling faces.

http://www.instituteofcheer.com/holland-america-westerdam-sail-away/

If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to figure out a Plan C.

POA, you've gone to such a lot of trouble for us, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos, but I think it will have to be from home, when I can use my computer - I haven't had my iPad lessons yet! Will that be okay? The one on the thread looked great, i recognize a bunch of people, but I haven't made it bigger to work everything out.

PathfinderEss, lunch was very good. My standard lunch is always the prawn bruschetta and crab cakes, and I stayed with that, but I had a dessert I've never tried, the lemon-lime panna cotta, and it was absolutely delish! I'm going to dream about it, I know. Now I want to have another lunch there, so I can have it again. I saw quite a few people had the Wagyu beef hamburger, and enjoyed it.

Tomorrow is Cartagena, and we have to be up really early for our tour. Fortunately, last night we put our clocks back one hour (except I forgot, but that's another story!), so it won't be quite such a shock.

POA, you've gone to such a lot of trouble for us, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos, but I think it will have to be from home, when I can use my computer - I haven't had my iPad lessons yet! Will that be okay? The one on the thread looked great, i recognize a bunch of people, but I haven't made it bigger to work everything out.

No problem. I was planning to leave the photos up so people could access them when they get home.

Sounds like you all are having a wonderful time. :D

Wow, that dessert sounds absolutely wonderful Vict0riann, I hope I get a chance to try it. My DH loves the Pinnacle Hamburgers, he says they are the best, only thing I've found is if you have one, dinner is off. Have you tried the five onion soup, it is soooooo good, Lisa and I love that one.

Have a great time on tour in Cartagena tomorrow.:)

Edited by PathfinderEss

Isn't the Pinnacle great for lunch, so glad you thought it was fantastic.:) What did you have?

I had a crab and scallop appetizer, Bistro steak for the main course, and sorbet with fresh strawberries for dessert. Delicious!

I had a crab and scallop appetizer, Bistro steak for the main course, and sorbet with fresh strawberries for dessert. Delicious!

Wow, that sounds sooooooooo good, thanks. Have fun tomorrow if your getting off the ship.:)

Edited by PathfinderEss

Remember to ask about "SD" if it's appropriate (and if you want).

About 20 of us had a fantastic lunch in the Pinnacle Grill today. As a solo traveler, one of the nice things about an active roll call is getting groups like this together. I probably would never have tried PG on my own.

so glad you enjoyed it. We did too. I think everyone had a good time.

We had 24 and my thanks firstly to the ship's co-ordinator for setting this up for us in advance.

I am VERY grateful to our PG manager who permitted the last minute change in tables and hosts.

We all had a good time despite the last minute kerfluffel when one of the hosts of a table failed to show despite the reminder call and looking. (We had arranged the tables with hosts who were 4* or 3*). Fortunately our PG manager allowd us to host an additonal table so the problem was solved.

we have been very impressed with service in the PG and the food. Unfortunately the PG manager is not wearing his name tag so I will need to do some inquiring. He was very accommodating and kind when I explained someone was "seasick" and asked to be able to host that table.

PG breakfasts have been wonderful and we are looking forward to Le Cirque toorrow night.

BTW - I had the scallop brulee (first time) and the hamburger (yumm). Many of us had the hamburger. DH had the steak and the nice prawn dish as did others (yumm for both).

Pinnacle Grill is getting two thumbs up from us so far and we have signed on for the Master Chef's Table along with a few other roll call members.

Wow, that dessert sounds absolutely wonderful Vict0riann, I hope I get a chance to try it. My DH loves the Pinnacle Hamburgers, he says they are the best, only thing I've found is if you have one, dinner is off. Have you tried the five onion soup, it is soooooo good, Lisa and I love that one.

Have a great time on tour in Cartagena tomorrow.:)

:D Yes I do and counting the days till I can have it again ;)

So glad to hear there is Hot water again and everyone is having a good time!!

Okay - Here's a workaround for you. Or at least an attempt at a workaround. I uploaded the files to one of my servers. For the first 20 files, I resized them to a maximum width of 1,024 pixels. Each of those files in in the neighborhood of 260 KB. When you get to files 20 and beyond, the files are full size and clock in between 3,200 KB and 3,900 KB. The big files are the ones where you can make out the people. They'll resize to your browser window, but you'll be downloading the full resolution image. You'll want to right click and do a Save As... If you're using a tablet, just long press the image and you should see the file operations dialog which will allow you to save the images. Once you've saved the files, you can zoom in and see your lovely, smiling faces.

http://www.instituteofcheer.com/holland-america-westerdam-sail-away/

If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to figure out a Plan C.

As usual Sir, you have solved the conundrum. Everything downloads from the Institute's site as described.

BB King's was excellent tonight and the 2 ladies of Adagio may be the very best technical musicians we've listened to on HAL. Very complicated arrangements and timing done so well. Even the rhythm guitarist of BB King comes to listen to their performances, although he may be smitten with the violinist. :D

We too enjoyed great service and meal at the PG lunch with the gang. It sure adds so much to the cruise to have so many friends on board.

so glad you enjoyed it. We did too. I think everyone had a good time.

We had 24 and my thanks firstly to the ship's co-ordinator for setting this up for us in advance.

I am VERY grateful to our PG manager who permitted the last minute change in tables and hosts.

We all had a good time despite the last minute kerfluffel when one of the hosts of a table failed to show despite the reminder call and looking. (We had arranged the tables with hosts who were 4* or 3*). Fortunately our PG manager allowd us to host an additonal table so the problem was solved.

we have been very impressed with service in the PG and the food. Unfortunately the PG manager is not wearing his name tag so I will need to do some inquiring. He was very accommodating and kind when I explained someone was "seasick" and asked to be able to host that table.

PG breakfasts have been wonderful and we are looking forward to Le Cirque toorrow night.

BTW - I had the scallop brulee (first time) and the hamburger (yumm). Many of us had the hamburger. DH had the steak and the nice prawn dish as did others (yumm for both).

Pinnacle Grill is getting two thumbs up from us so far and we have signed on for the Master Chef's Table along with a few other roll call members.

Oh you lucky things you, loooove the Master Chef's Table. I alway hope they are having one but so many times they don't on 7 day cruises. I am very jealous......it is so worth the money.

As usual Sir, you have solved the conundrum. Everything downloads from the Institute's site as described.

I'm glad it worked out. My guess is that Dropbox is a blocked service because of the bandwidth it uses, especially if people use it for photo backup. It wasn't blocked under the old Internet plan, but that was by the minute.

Glad you're enjoying BB King. DW and I caught at least one set every night.

I am beginning to lose patience. I don't ask for much and all I want is

to be able to shower in my cabin when I want to. It is beginning to feel like a camping trip.

Fortunately the group of people we are with are keeping our spirits up anyway, and we are having a fabulous time.

Edited by Lizzie68

I am beginning to lose patience. I don't ask for much and all I want is

to be able to shower in my cabin when I want to. It is beginning to feel like a camping trip.

Fortunately the group of people we are with are keeping our spirits up anyway, and we are having a fabulous time.

well DAM Lizzie, again??? I think that gives you one shower that was decent since you got onboard.

that's NUTS!!!

I hope they fix it right today. grrrrr.

Oh you lucky things you, loooove the Master Chef's Table. I alway hope they are having one but so many times they don't on 7 day cruises. I am very jealous......it is so worth the money.

I was told it was a "go". On the 19th I believe. Looking forward to it.

but Ingo (cellarmaster) said there wasn't going to be a Cellar Master dinner. bummer. Maybe things will change? We'd happily do both. After reading about there not being enough people on the boards, we gathered some troops and I booked us all the first day in the hopes that would be nearly enough.;)

well, gotta get ready to meet the gang for 7:00 am. Back later after we return from Cartagena and will catch up

Looking forward to the next report and your adventure in Cartagena. Whenever I show people photos of this Colombian city's skyline, they are so surprised. Hope Lizzie's hot water gets fixed today! One day is bad enough, but the Westie apparently wants to test the patience of a saint.

My guess is that Dropbox is a blocked service because of the bandwidth it uses, especially if people use it for photo backup. It wasn't blocked under the old Internet plan, but that was by the minute.

Hi POA... Is there some way to find out officially if Dropbox is blocked? I rely on it for syncing my 1 Password and a couple of other apps. Are their internet access protocols posted somewhere?

Not sailing until July (103 days to go) but would love to know...

Leon

Looking forward to the next report and your adventure in Cartagena. Whenever I show people photos of this Colombian city's skyline, they are so surprised. Hope Lizzie's hot water gets fixed today! One day is bad enough, but the Westie apparently wants to test the patience of a saint.

We are going on our tour today based on tour review from when you were here a couple months ago. I'm excited!

Hi POA... Is there some way to find out officially if Dropbox is blocked? I rely on it for syncing my 1 Password and a couple of other apps. Are their internet access protocols posted somewhere?

Leon

0bnxshs is using the unlimited value plan, which is new. Dropbox worked fine until the old per minute plan. There is also an unlimited premium plan, which is supposed to allow streaming, VPN, and other services. My guess is that you'd need that one. Unless there's someone who is able to test it (using my links) now, you may be the test pilot.

Leon

Hi Leon, I'll ask around on the ship if there are any specifics about services and ports opened and closed depending on which plan is selected. Again as of this morning, dropbox remains unreachable. Evernote is reachable.

In attempting to find more information regarding what is available with each of the 3 internet plans I was referred to the FAQ available when you go to the signon page. I've quoted below the relavent part and was told nothing more technical exists, which I'm sure does, just not for passengers.

Social – this is our best value offer, with access to all of your favorite social media websites and applications (Apps). These include: Facebook Twitter Instragram Pinterest LinkedIn Facebook Messenger Whatsapp Snapchat You will be able to post images, read statuses, message friends, and more although the plan does not include access to external sites. For example, you may not be able to click from your Facebook wall to read an external article posted on your wall if it exists outside of the actual social network. To gain access to additional content, you may upgrade to a Value or Premium Plan.

Value – this plan is ideal for those who need to access basic internet functions at a great value including mobile applications, e-mail, banking and travel planning. Note: Skype videoconferencing, music streaming services and other bandwidth intensive services are not supported by this plan. To access this type of content, you will be invited to upgrade to a premium plan.

Premium – this plan is ideal for staying in touch with friends and family through Skype, or other bandwidth intensive needs. It offers full access to all sites at our best possible speed. All plans are available in either 24 hour duration, or you may purchase a better value offering which lasts the length of the voyage. Note: Due to limitations with satellite bandwidth, and to ensure everyone can use the service, we limit access to videostreaming services like Netflix HBO Go, and Hulu. Mature and violent sites are also not accessible.

It would appear the Premium plan would provide access to Dropbox. I'll keep asking if anyone has it and can use Dropbox.

Hope this helps, Leon and Brian.

Edited by 0bnxshs

In attempting to find more information regarding what is available with each of the 3 internet plans I was referred to the FAQ available when you go to the signon page. I've quoted below the relavent part and was told nothing more technical exists, which I'm sure does, just not for passengers.

It would appear the Premium plan would provide access to Dropbox. I'll keep asking if anyone has it and can use Dropbox.

Hope this helps, Leon and Brian.

Thanks a bunch Rich and Brian. I wonder if ALL Dropbox is not accessible or just the large files that Brian posted. Syncing my folders should not require that much bandwidth. I don't want to belabor this but wonder if you can tell me the price difference in the three plans?

Hopefully the gang is enjoying Cartagena today... I wish I was with them.

well DAM Lizzie, again??? I think that gives you one shower that was decent since you got onboard.

that's NUTS!!!

I hope they fix it right today. grrrrr.

Dam right!

Dear Lizzie: so very sorry about the H/W mess you are still stuck with. Can you talk to the GRM about this and find out what exactly their plan is to fix the problem? Is anyone else experiencing this or just you?

Glad that you have a great group for support!