Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

When we had water issues including no hot water for 4 days Princess gave us $700 towards a future cruise (not requested by us). Cruise line policy varies by problem/situation, so there is a possibility HAL may provide more than what Lizzie has already received. Kudo's to Lizzie for how she has dealt with this situation. It can happen on any ship or cruise line.

I can't speak for anyone else but I wouldn't want $700...... all I would want is hot water. :) For me, it isn't about what they'll give me other than efficient repair people who will fix the problem. :)

I can't speak for anyone else but I wouldn't want $700...... all I would want is hot water. :) For me, it isn't about what they'll give me other than efficient repair people who will fix the problem. :)

For once, Sail - I agree with you.;)

For once, Sail - I agree with you.;)

There is hope for World Peace, after all. :)

Good luck with the hot water..... hope they have finally fixed it well and you can get on with enjoying your cruise.

No I have not but I can only imagine, he must be hysterical:D:D:D

He was! Some pax were possibly a little surprised to have a former Drill Sargent as Lifeboat Commander on a cruise ship, but we said that we expected him to bring the wine, so all was well.

He was! Some pax were possibly a little surprised to have a former Drill Sargent as Lifeboat Commander on a cruise ship, but we said that we expected him to bring the wine, so all was well.

That's great!:D I can't imagine what passengers that don't know him would think.:eek:

The episode with 3of4 (or is he 4of4?) reminds me of the old adage that nothing is completely useless, because it can always serve as an example of what not to do.

Perhaps justice would be served if the offending senior were to be banished to Club HAL for the remainder of the trip...

Oh, but think about the young ones- to have to put up with that attitude!

That woman's comments weren't too far off from those of a comedian we had on veendam last month. He was singling out people- including an 8 year old and an 18 year old who he addressed as "Eight" and "Eighteen"- just rude comments very similar to hers. Then he started on the elderly. Am not sure what was next as I left- along with 3 others at the same time. Could t believe how some folk were saying how funny he was..... Maybe we should introduce that woman on westie to veendams "comedian"- and let them stay to themselves.

Edited by TiogaCruiser

KK, see this post earlier on the descriptions of the 3 plans. :)

Also, be aware the prices are for at least the 16 days from FLL to SD and may change for shorter or longer cruises. The librarian said that they were still experimenting with the plans and prices too, so your experiences will likely vary.

Thank you

I missed that post (too many doctor appointments).

Sounds like if I get on a ship and they have these 3 plans I would have to get the "value" plan in order to do e-mails.

PS -- what is "dropbox"?

I use the free dropbox program that allows me to share photos and documents between my laptop, desktop, ipad, and iphone. It stores the information and is available to all my equipment. I love it since I can use my cell to take photos and have them available on my desktop to print for my scrapbooks.

PS -- what is "dropbox"?

It's a file sharing / cloud storage service. We use it to exchange files with our clients. It's more efficient than email when you have a large number of files. We use the commercial version with 1TB of storage, but there's a free one with 2GB.

It just so happens that it's a good way to share the photos of people sailing out of Port Everglades as well.

To those on the Westerdam now, sorry about all the Dropbox stuff in your thread.

Edited by POA1

We are in the Gatun Lake now, and moving slowly past many ships waiting for their turns to go to the Atlantic side - I guess that will be this afternoon. It was beautifully cool earlier as we did our transit, but the clouds have burnt off and it's getting hot. There was a large crowd at the sale of everything Panama around the Lido pool, but nothing struck my fancy. We did have our Panama buns in the first lock!

We didn't go to the bow, but enjoyed the lack of crowds on the stern deck, and, of course, our own verandah. We saw monkeys in trees along the banks, and DH said he saw parrots, but that might just have been to tease me. It's going to be a very interesting day.

We had a wonderful Le Cirque dinner last night. Pictures were taken of most of the food - although there's always the occasional lapse when the dish looks so delicious that you just have to taste first!

We are in the Gatun Lake now, and moving slowly past many ships waiting for their turns to go to the Atlantic side - I guess that will be this afternoon. It was beautifully cool earlier as we did our transit, but the clouds have burnt off and it's getting hot. There was a large crowd at the sale of everything Panama around the Lido pool, but nothing struck my fancy. We did have our Panama buns in the first lock!

We didn't go to the bow, but enjoyed the lack of crowds on the stern deck, and, of course, our own verandah. We saw monkeys in trees along the banks, and DH said he saw parrots, but that might just have been to tease me. It's going to be a very interesting day.

We had a wonderful Le Cirque dinner last night. Pictures were taken of most of the food - although there's always the occasional lapse when the dish looks so delicious that you just have to taste first!

It all sounds wonderful.

Happy you are enjoying it so much. :)

It's a file sharing / cloud storage service. We use it to exchange files with our clients. It's more efficient than email when you have a large number of files. We use the commercial version with 1TB of storage, but there's a free one with 2GB.

It just so happens that it's a good way to share the photos of people sailing out of Port Everglades as well.

To those on the Westerdam now, sorry about all the Dropbox stuff in your thread.

Thank you for the explanation.

Le Cirque -- did the Westerdam have the Sea Bass?

KK, Kazu and I both had the sea bass, and it was lovely. Kazu's DH had the chicken (which actually looked amazing) 1of4 and my DH had the Chateaubriand and 1of4's DH had the lamb. The lamb was different from last time, it was a double chop, and a little casserole of lamb shank. He said it was very good. The staff was amazingly solicitous with an allergy among us, and organized a different amuse bouche and some different sauces, after only the merest mention.

When the children joined us, after Club HAL, they were offered their own desserts. Really, an amazing experience.