Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

DD said she pushed them under the water towards the side of the pool so they would get out of the water faster.

That's beyond unacceptable!! :mad: Nobody has the right to put a hand on your kids, let alone push them under the water!! That woman should be reported - and then kicked off the ship for possibly endangering another human being! :eek:

Edited by zelker

That's beyond acceptable!! :mad: Nobody has the right to put a hand on your kids, let alone push them under the water!! That woman should be reported - and then kicked off the ship for possibly endangering another human being! :eek:

Exactly. Surely there were others around the pool that saw this. I would report it.

Zelker, sorry, I don't know how to quote you on mr iPad, but yes, I think you would see more on the port side coming east. All the excavation and the construction cranes will be visible, but the Miraflores webcam will be on the other side. We had told our daughters where we wold be standing, on deck 7 at the front, just under the bridge, and they said they saw us and took screen shots.

Well, we have a busy day today. Roll call wine tasting - organized by Mumsy & Lizzie. Being hosted in our room so that means I need to tidy up. a tad. LIzzie and I have ordered appetizers to go with and wine glasses are being delivered to my room.

Lizzie and I will have to watch our wine though. Looks like we planned this for the wrong day as Lizzie & we are dining with the Captain tonight and then it is the Black and White Ball. Looking forward to the evening. :)

Luck you to be invited to dine with the captain.

Enjoy your dinner.

a beautiful sea day on the Pacific Ocean. We saw what I thought were pods of porpoises a few minutes ago. They put on quite a show.

Thought I would do a bit of back tracking and/or catch up if that is ok.

It was nice to hear that people enjoyed the meet and greet.

We were honoured with attendance by many of the officers. Jody, the events co-ordinator came along with our wonderful Captain van Eerten, our Hotel Director Mark Pells, our CD Shane Michaels, Ruben Koolman Culinary Manager to name a few. Ingo our Cellar Master took a peek in to make sure all was good.

PathfinderES (Melodie) had mailed a lovely plaque to 0bnxshs to present to the Captain.

We introduced ourselves to him as the "Sail a Way Gang" and told him he had many, many fans and that we called the Westerdam the Queen of Horns. He enjoys tooting and thinks it is a fine Maritime tradition :)

Shane did a great imitation of his "Silence on Deck". Ingo is also very good at imitating that with a very powerful voice.

Melodie, the plaque is being hung in the same location as the other one.

It is obvious that enthusiasm for meet and greets comes from the top down :)

We had fun and had a couple little prizes for our guess the number of posts contests and some thank you's

Everyone on the roll call that likes lanyards is wearing matching ones kindly made by 1of4. She is a very talented lady and we thank her very much for taking the time to make them for us. sapper1 brought her puncher to the meet and greet so that the room key cards could be punched right away and put on the lanyards.

A great time - with a great roll call :)

Zelker, sorry, I don't know how to quote you on mr iPad, but yes, I think you would see more on the port side coming east. All the excavation and the construction cranes will be visible, but the Miraflores webcam will be on the other side. We had told our daughters where we wold be standing, on deck 7 at the front, just under the bridge, and they said they saw us and took screen shots.

There should be a quote button under the persons post. I wonder if you have your screen expanded too much?

Edited by cruz chic

Luck you to be invited to dine with the captain.

Enjoy your dinner.

Thanks KK.

No idea why we got the invite, but it should be fun. The last time we got this invite was on NCL - which was a very long time ago.

About 20 of us had a fantastic lunch in the Pinnacle Grill today. As a solo traveler, one of the nice things about an active roll call is getting groups like this together. I probably would never have tried PG on my own.

so glad you enjoyed it. We did too. I think everyone had a good time.

We had 24 and my thanks firstly to the ship's co-ordinator for setting this up for us in advance.

I am VERY grateful to our PG manager who permitted the last minute change in tables and hosts.

We all had a good time despite the last minute kerfluffel when one of the hosts of a table failed to show despite the reminder call and looking. (We had arranged the tables with hosts who were 4* or 3*). Fortunately our PG manager allowd us to host an additonal table so the problem was solved.

we have been very impressed with service in the PG and the food. Unfortunately the PG manager is not wearing his name tag so I will need to do some inquiring. He was very accommodating and kind when I explained someone was "seasick" and asked to be able to host that table.

PG breakfasts have been wonderful and we are looking forward to Le Cirque toorrow night.

BTW - I had the scallop brulee (first time) and the hamburger (yumm). Many of us had the hamburger. DH had the steak and the nice prawn dish as did others (yumm for both).

Pinnacle Grill is getting two thumbs up from us so far and we have signed on for the Master Chef's Table along with a few other roll call members.

I forgot to mention... as you know, you cannot book a Pinnacle Grill lunch on line. You need to wait until you board the ship. For a group, this would be difficult to do.

One of the things I discovered is that the meet and greet organizer can get this arranged with the ship's co-ordinator for the meet and greets.

I thought it was very nice of HAL and really appreciated it.

So, a big thank you.

ok, the mystery is solved (and now the name tag is on - LOL).

I told the PG manager how thrilled we were on the PG and we simply had to say who the manager was.

His last name is Raj and that is what he likes to be called.

This PG operates so smoothly. It is like a well oiled machine. The breakfast in there is a real treat. Efficient service with no rush. As soon as you are taken to your table, one person comes to pour water, another arrives with coffee another with the orange juice, etc.

Our Le Cirque experience was marvelous and we are really looking forward to our PG dinners.

Very impressed with this Pinnacle Grill. The best we have experienced on any ship except the Prinsendam. The eggs are better and I suspect it is because the eggs come from North America as opposed to Europe?

Absolutely marvelous and so fortunate that we got the upsell offer and so happy that I took it. This breakfast experience away from the crowds with the marvelous service definiteldy makes it all worthwhile.

Really looking forward to your Master Chef's Dinner report. Hope you guys take photos!

guaranteed I will be taking my ipad with me whether DH likes it or not :)

I didn't even ask the price!

I will take a pic of the menu for sure. never fear :)

Thank you for sharing so many pictures. I especially enjoyed the bow of the ship going through the canal. When is the Sail Away Gang going on another cruise? As others have mentioned on this thread, I'd like to join you. I'm retired now, so I'm much more flexible as to being able to travel.

Finally gave in and purchased some internet. Just getting our seats ready with Sapper1 for the trivia at 12 noon. Then Dancing with the Stars followed by our Wine Tasting. Having a great time with this wonderful Gang and laughing so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing so many pictures. I especially enjoyed the bow of the ship going through the canal. When is the Sail Away Gang going on another cruise? As others have mentioned on this thread, I'd like to join you. I'm retired now, so I'm much more flexible as to being able to travel.

LOL - I don't know if there will ever be another "Sail a Way Gang" cruise, but a few of us have booked the Westerdam next year for the Hawaii, Tahitit Marquesas cruise of April 2, 2016

hoping more will be lured on as time goes by.

Before I forget, I know some were concerned about the lack of a side board in the Neptune Lounge.

Just to let you know, that the sideboard is in full operation in the Neptune Lounge :)

LOL - I don't know if there will ever be another "Sail a Way Gang" cruise, but a few of us have booked the Westerdam next year for the Hawaii, Tahitit Marquesas cruise of April 2, 2016

hoping more will be lured on as time goes by.

Oh my....that looks like a fabulous cruise!

Both DH and I thank you for your support. DD and DS really don't pay any attention to the negative. DD more so than DS who is sensitive and wants to please everyone all the time. DD will just say "they are a butt" and move on.

I guess we have been successful in teaching both of them respect as they would never make such comments or actions towards others.

Today is a new ( sea) day as we mske our way north along the coast of Central America. DD wants to go to the port shopping lecture so we can get the card for free Tanzania earnings...one for her and 3D for her friends back home.

Sorry for diverting this thread a bit. Now back to our roll call programming which is wine tasting at 4:00 this afternoon followed by formal night. Tough day, eh?!

Did you notice my Canadian slip out?:p

The Canadian slip was noticed! Nice to see!

You have a great pair of kids. I hope you can avoid any more unpleasantness for the remainer of the cruise.

I truly wish you all a great time every minute of the day!!

Internet on here is good - but not with cruise critic! Second try at posting....

Woke up with a horrible cold today and dehydrated from all the celebrations yesterday. Our team won coveted pins at Name that tune in the piano bar last night and had a great time there. Didn't do so well at trivia today though. Hope to feel way better for diñner with the Captain tonight. Oh and 2 days now with hot water yay!!

There should be a quote button under the persons post. I wonder if you have your screen expanded too much?

Haha! Figured it out. I don't have a quote button, either on CC, or on Tapatalk. But, if I touch the post I want to quote, a prompt comes up with a number of choices, so I have learned something new today!

I still need a lesson in posting photos!

All the times we sailed the canal, Celebrity, Princess and HAL, none every put the umbrellas on the bow to provide shade. Some chairs and some shade are what some really seek on transit day. Great idea for Westerdam's crew to think to do that.

Haha! Figured it out. I don't have a quote button, either on CC, or on Tapatalk. But, if I touch the post I want to quote, a prompt comes up with a number of choices, so I have learned something new today!

I still need a lesson in posting photos!

happy to show you Ann. It's really easy and I am no techie !

Internet on here is good - but not with cruise critic! Second try at posting....

Woke up with a horrible cold today and dehydrated from all the celebrations yesterday. Our team won coveted pins at Name that tune in the piano bar last night and had a great time there. Didn't do so well at trivia today though. Hope to feel way better for diñner with the Captain tonight. Oh and 2 days now with hot water yay!!

YAY on the hot water!!!! Let's hope this fix was permanent.

Congrats on the pins for the Name That Tune. Saw the pin, but didn't hear what they were for. I should have guessed!

Guess we were all having too much fun.

Counting on you for the dinner, so please feel much better.

Edited by kazu