Elite breakfast on Summit

alanbab

Does anyone know where the Elite breakfast for Captains Club members is served on Summit please. Used to be in Michaels Club but that room is now for suite guests.

No one on this board could give you the answer to that question. It depends on number of elites on board and can change from cruise to cruise thus changing the size of the room.

If there are SO MANY elites and +'s on board, what would be the private breakfast benefit than elsewhere on the ship? Is the food or service that much better?

It is a very light continental breakfast. Most go for the free cappuccino, espresso, latte, bloody Mary, mimosa, Bellini. It use to be a buffet but now they just bring you a pre-made plate. It has really gone downhill in food and service.

It is a very light continental breakfast. Most go for the free cappuccino, espresso, latte, bloody Mary, mimosa, Bellini. It use to be a buffet but now they just bring you a pre-made plate. It has really gone downhill in food and service.

TY. Now I understand. If I want a real breakfast it doesn't matter that I'm not elite yet. :p With the Classic package I can still get free coffees and the bloody Mary, mimosa, Bellini. :cool:

As I've been reading over a period of time, it seems that the benefit of being Elite has been diminishing and not as special because so many have entered that category. Kinda like the airlines and their miles programs where you then had to fly in undesirable hours or pay double miles. I dropped my Skymiles card for just that reason.

That seems to take away from the loyalty goal of becoming elite status.

If there are SO MANY elites and +'s on board, what would be the private breakfast benefit than elsewhere on the ship? Is the food or service that much better?

If you're not a big breakfast person, it's nice to sit at a table, have a croissant, some fruit, a double espresso, and top it off with a bloody mary.

We're on Summit to Bermuda on 31 May. Not a lot of Elites on board -- mostly families, and it's usually held in Normandie.

We were on Constellation TA last year with a lot of Elites on board. They held it in Ocean Liners for Elites and Tuscan Grill for Elite +.

If you're on the 14-night New England cruise, there will probably be a lot of Elites on board. Maybe then it will be held in the dining room, but who knows.

And with so many getting the drink packs as a perk there really isn't any advantage.

We went a few times after we became Elite to use our new perk and see what we were missing I had a Bloody Mary and wasn't impressed. Had a few of the coffees but had to wait a long time for them to be served. Didn't notice too many other passengers having any of the alcohol drinks. We have always sailed in AQ and breakfast was always in Blu so there was no real reason to go there. With the new suite benefits it will also cut down on those using it.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I was on the Eclipse in February (where the breakfast was held in the Tuscan Grill, with a fabulous view), and the service was excellent. I very much enjoyed the peace and quiet of the breakfast, and the delicious fruit plate that included papaya and mango (that I never saw upstairs in the buffet). You could request just one or two croissants and they would be happy to do that, rather than bring a whole plate. The capaccinos were delicious, as well as the occasional mimosa!

Hi....

We have always enjoyed our Elite breakfast no matter where it was held.

On May 31, we are sailing to Bermuda and are looking forward to enjoying it again!

Happy Sailing,

Carol Ann and Richard

We were on Eclipse in Mar & we still had the self serve buffet in the Elite breakfast (held in Tuscan). Beverages were served quite quickly.

Michel, maybe no advantage for you but huge advantage here, sailing in OV room so no pkg "included" and won't pay extra for one with Elite benefits in am and pm

We always book inside cabins so we also never get any perks, but since we are Elite+ we really don't need a beverage package.

We loved the Elite Breakfast when it was a buffet, now not so much. Our last 2 cruises it was very disappointing.

Last year on the Summit, the elite breakfast was served on a tower. It was elegant. Nicer than the buffet. My most recent cruise on the Eclipse, the elite buffet was back. I will be on the Summit soon. Whatever happens, it's still a great way to start the day.

based on reports here, the breakfast varies by ship....some have the towers, some have the buffet. I'm not sure it matters...just don't be bashful...if you want both fruit and a bagel/lox on a "tower" cruise get both and eat what you want.

Edited by ghstudio

After several cruises as elite, we finally went to the breakfast on Equinox in March and found it to be a nice alternative to room service (our usual) or the MDR, when we were ok with fruit and bagels or pastries. When we sail in AQ, we go to Blu.

Not having gone to the elite breakfast before this, I can't weigh in on whether it has declined, but we thought it was a nice, quiet alternative.

If you're not a big breakfast person, it's nice to sit at a table, have a croissant, some fruit, a double espresso, and top it off with a bloody mary.

We're on Summit to Bermuda on 31 May. Not a lot of Elites on board -- mostly families, and it's usually held in Normandie.

We were on Constellation TA last year with a lot of Elites on board. They held it in Ocean Liners for Elites and Tuscan Grill for Elite +.

If you're on the 14-night New England cruise, there will probably be a lot of Elites on board. Maybe then it will be held in the dining room, but who knows.

On our NE cruise last fall, it was in Normandie. I don't know how many Elites were on board, but the evening happy hour was in Revelations Lounge. No coupons were used.

See you on the 31st.

I agree with Wine-O, I am not a big breakfast person although I will sneak into the buffet to get Ed's famous waffles. I find both the breakfast and evening event to be a nice place to sit, relax and meet other people. Hope to do that on my cruise with Wine-O in three weeks. Its a social hour, just enjoy.

We no longer enjoy the Elite breakfast. It was ok on the Connie last fall but on the Equinox in Jan. we went twice. They would not allow us to order only one thing . Only full platters were served with no break down option. All I wanted was the goat cheese and papaya. To get this I had to order a fruit platter and a cheese platter. So all the other food on the platters got wasted. I asked for one almond croissant and got a platter. We are not going to eat just so it does not get wasted . Rather it in the garbage than on my waist line. We are tea drinkers and they serve the same cheap tea that we get in the buffet. We loved it when it was a small buffet style.

I agree with Wine-O, I am not a big breakfast person although I will sneak into the buffet to get Ed's famous waffles. I find both the breakfast and evening event to be a nice place to sit, relax and meet other people. Hope to do that on my cruise with Wine-O in three weeks. Its a social hour, just enjoy.

Why do you have to sneak in? Is that place now limited to the privileged that have deep pockets?

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞