Video goes viral of girl falling down Allure stairs!

ocav

Seems she has a broken rib. Not funny at all. She could have been seriously hurt. I wonder if a law suit against the cruise line is next. I can hear it now....."Those railings are just asking to be used in such a dangerous manner"

M

She would've stood a better chance without the video. :D

Na, just 17.

I'm just glad we didn't have smart phones and the internet when I was 17.;)

So do many of my fellow CCer's I bet.:)

Yes, you are so right. :eek:

Yes, you are so right. :eek:

I was thinking of starting a new thread about the dumb stuff we all did as teenagers. So I opened up Word and started typing up my list. When I got to page 10 I gave up on that idea.:eek::eek:

:)

I dont see how she could possibly stand a chance at winning a lawsuit. Im sure Jim Walker is trying his best to spin it to make it Royal Caribbeans fault though :rolleyes:

You'd be surprised. At NCL, we had a guy slide down the curved railing in the atrium, which broke under his weight, and he impaled himself on one of the supports. That one was settled out of court in his favor.

Throw them off the ship...put them on the do not sail list...... :rolleyes:

As many others have said-you people were all angels at 17 and have no regrets on stupid stuff you did??

Trust me, that girl learned the hard way not to rail surf!! If you keep scrolling-she tells you her injuries, stupidity and mentions nothing of a law suit.

Trust me, that girl learned the hard way not to rail surf!! t.

Nah, as pointed out to me, she says she will just hold on with both hands next time

She learned nothing

Edited by ryano

You'd be surprised. At NCL, we had a guy slide down the curved railing in the atrium, which broke under his weight, and he impaled himself on one of the supports. That one was settled out of court in his favor.

Ridiculous but I shouldnt be surprised. There are so many sue happy lawyers out there ready to pounce on cases like this like vultures on roadkill and Corporations just figure it best to settle out of court than to fight.

Sad

“It’s actually more embarrassing that I was sober because if I had been drunk it would be much more goofy. I only fell because I was stupid and let go with my hand which you can’t do when you’re railing surfing.”

Good to know for my trip next month...Obviously, professional rail surfers use two hands...:eek:

D:D

I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a law suit is pending.

If it were up to me, I put the family in the in the watch or not travel list just for being stupid and putting in risk others.

Maybe the mickey mouse lawyer Jim Walker is drawing a lawsuit, since he sue for everything even because the ship has high tide without warning...:D

That just means NCL thought the settlement amount was cheaper than what they'd pay the lawyers to fight the suit in court.

I dont see how she could possibly stand a chance at winning a lawsuit. Im sure Jim Walker is trying his best to spin it to make it Royal Caribbeans fault though :rolleyes:

I believe he has already begun investigating how often they polish the railings and why waivers need to be signed to use the stairs even though they are "unenforceable"

I believe he has already begun investigating how often they polish the railings and why waivers need to be signed to use the stairs even though they are "unenforceable"

Here's a tip. Never touch the handrail in the atrium elevators. You will carry the smell of Brass O for hours

what an idiot ... she's lucky she didn't break her neck.

Oh well ... maybe next time ... :rolleyes:

This is an oldie that has circulated on facebook for a while, but seemed appropriate here:

angel.PNG

Edited by Paul65

Yeah, pretty mean and uncalled for sure. As one that has a broke back and has been in spinal rehab with those with broke necks, I wouldnt wish that on my own worst enemy :( I would rather be dead than have to live like that. Seriously

Note to handrail surfers - do it only on handrails with stairs on both sides (shorter fall).

Also, practice toward the bottom of the rail - different clothes material have different friction coefficients (synthetics will slide much faster than cottons). :cool:

Biker, who provides these tips in the hopes that folks daring enough to handrail surf, do so safely.

Our future America, boy are we in trouble.

I'm sure your future America will be fine. Present America survived you didn't it.:p

Just like present Canada survived me.:D

I'm sure there are a few things from your teenage years that you cringe at now.

Edited by DirtyDawg