Do You Follow Celebrity on Social?

[php]

[/php]

No idea what swiping right means...

It was a response to someone's joking comment about Celebrity being on Tinder. You swipe right when you are interested in someone and left when you aren't.

I think there should be a poll for different age groups and that would give a better over all picture. I'm in my early 70s and love social media. But I don't use them like my kids do. I follow people on Twitter and FB that I am interested in, - politicians, news, travel sites etc. I very seldom post anything but the exception is twitter. I find it excellent for dealing with corporations as you get an extremely fast response. I don't even think about emailing anymore as Twitter is faster and you get a personal response.

Hello,

And I am in my 50's...will never use social media...and still go old school...I still write personal letters...write, as in script...on paper, with ink :eek:!! Just sent one to Holland America last week !!

BBL

Yes to Twitter and Facebook.

I think Christine Francis is right - there is an age divide, though there Are very many of us who are in our 60s and beyond who are into social media, so please keep that in mind as you plan your media/marketing/communications strategies.

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll slowly rolling this out. The introduction to our Facebook Ship Pages is slowly evolving, and we're hoping to tell each ship's story!

Would love to see this better developed on the Celebrity website...

The website could be awesome PR but has been problematic for many yrs ...,

Celebrity loyalists put up with it but it probably turns off many potential customers, esp younger and tech saavy folks....Celeb is not very hi tech!

We find the Celebrity FB page does not offer much except advertising. We are part of private groups for the Reflection and Equinox, and another group just for Celebrity cruisers with close to 4200 members.

The FB pg is a lot like the Celebrity web page:(

Thanks, Celebrity, for asking the question!

No, I don't do, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

However, I DO want to continue do get my information in email from Celebrity. Please don't make social media the only way to find out new information.

Hi all,

We have a question! Do you follow Celebrity Cruises on Social Media, and if so, which networks?

No, sorry, but I do not use social media [unless Cruise Critic qualifies]. I am no luddite having worked in IT sine 1979 but consider Facebook, Twitter and the like capable of consuming far too much precious time and, very likely, transitory.

I have no objections to other using social media but do find it objectionable if organisations, of any type, expect me to use it either as the only way of receiving information or register complaints/concerns.

I do hope that the question does not mean that Celebrity are considering restricting your communications to social media only.

Quote:

"I do hope that the question does not mean that Celebrity are considering restricting your communications to social media only"

When I first saw the title of the thread, well, I was thinking the same

thing:eek:.....and I also hope they are not going to do that:rolleyes:.......but if

they do? I still won't be using those sites.

No, sorry, but I do not use social media [unless Cruise Critic qualifies]. I am no luddite having worked in IT sine 1979 but consider Facebook, Twitter and the like capable of consuming far too much precious time and, very likely, transitory.

I have no objections to other using social media but do find it objectionable if organisations, of any type, expect me to use it either as the only way of receiving information or register complaints/concerns.

I do hope that the question does not mean that Celebrity are considering restricting your communications to social media only.

Hi there,

We're not looking to make any changes at this time as to how we share news.

The team we're a part of does Social Media, as well as Cruise Critic. We plan to continue to communicate across all of these networks, yet sometimes we're not allowed to share news here on Cruise Critic.

Hi there,

We're not looking to make any changes at this time as to how we share news.

The team we're a part of does Social Media, as well as Cruise Critic. We plan to continue to communicate across all of these networks, yet sometimes we're not allowed to share news here on Cruise Critic.

Perhaps you need to discuss that with the powers to be at Cruise Critic. I can't figure out what you can't discuss, unless the information would be considered advertising.

I am in some "private" and "secret" groups on FB where very frequent Celebrity cruisers exchange information.

Perhaps you need to discuss that with the powers to be at Cruise Critic. I can't figure out what you can't discuss, unless the information would be considered advertising.

I am in some "private" and "secret" groups on FB where very frequent Celebrity cruisers exchange information.

We had an offer recently where we were giving extra Captain's Club points. We linked to our website, and the post was removed.

We had an offer recently where we were giving extra Captain's Club points. We linked to our website, and the post was removed.

The only bad thing I find about Twitter and FB is it's very easy to miss tweets and posts. At least here on CC it's much easier to find and read threads that were started while you were not online.