96 hours "live", Freedom of the Seas - June 21, 2015

I just saw this thread....thank you for posting a live report! My husband and I sail on Freedom in August in a JS. We'd both would love to see a rocket launch too. Keeping our fingers crossed:)

:D. Bobbi

I just saw this thread....thank you for posting a live report! My husband and I sail on Freedom in August in a JS. We'd both would love to see a rocket launch too. Keeping our fingers crossed:)

:D. Bobbi

When, I'm going on the 2nd...

we had ribeye and veal.

Interesting that Chops has a ribeye again. :) It was not offered in April and has been gone from the menu from quiet some time now. My last two times at Chops have not been that good but I appreciate the info! A ribeye MIGHT make me give them another chance but I just dont know yet.

Best investment in cruise gear ever. Insulated wine bag. Holds two Riesling, two red bulls, and four Cokes. Should stay chilled until we get to cabin. Then I transfer to beer bag.

They let you bring that stuff on no problem?

Great review thank you ..

Welcome to the party. I'm just waiting for the host John to show up and entertain us. :D

I'm back. Sorry for delay. Internets issues. Back on cell phone for this session. Apparently you can't switch devices. In dining room now waiting on dessert. Lots to catch up with. Lots of empty seats. This is a pet peace of mine. May start a thread about it when we get back

1435194664872.jpg.2a0fbe9a0f9109efe7e1ec1f8aad53d2.jpg

Hate to beat another dead horse, but you could check if they ever did put cushions back on the suite balcony furniture?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Grand suites have the new blue cushions. Had to hang off side by hot tub to verify. Also confirmed by table mate that is in a GS

Looks like you are already having fun!!!! Did you do the drink package??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did not do any drink package. More than enough opportunity for free alcahol. Have bought a couple of pool beers, a labadoozie and a strawberry daiquiri though.

Thanks for the update. Sorry your Chops experience wasn't great. That was our experience last year on FOS as well. Nice they comped your meal though. :)

Do you plan on going to Sabor? Would love to hear your take on that.

Did Sabor on Oasis, did not care for it. Chef's Table was being offered for $55, however it was for 25 people. Not sure I like that. One of our table mates signed up. I'll try and get there take

Interesting that Chops has a ribeye again. :) It was not offered in April and has been gone from the menu from quiet some time now. My last two times at Chops have not been that good but I appreciate the info! A ribeye MIGHT make me give them another chance but I just dont know yet.

I was wrong about ribeye, it was a strip. Laura pointed out my mistake after I posted it. It was better than the veal.

What kinds of announcements?

these are not in the cabin are they?

General annoying sales pitches. They have slowed down a bit. Some of them are in cabin, not many. I have no idea how to use volume switch though

Looking forward to your review John. Please let us know how many folks are wearing shorts in the MDR at dinner, and most importantly, how many of those are dress shorts.;)

Lots of shorts.

1435206278586.jpg.89c51ac2cd0766bf7cac88aa7860b6d1.jpg

John,

Are you saying you have to stay on the same device you signed up for Internet on or can you switch between devices like iPad to phone?

I'm back. Sorry for delay. Internets issues. Back on cell phone for this session. Apparently you can't switch devices.

On Oasis class you can. You would normally log off the one device and then log on with the other. However, John is on Freedom and by his reports it seems as though you can't.