How did you hear about Cruise Critic?

I found out about Cruise Critic thought my dad.

As in July 2007 we where meant to go on a cruise on the Pacific Star from Auckland, and one night I went down to see what dad was up to and he was on Cruise Critic, so latter that night I joined Cruise Critic and asked a few questions about that cruise and found out the ship got damaged in a storm on her way back to Auckland, and it was Cruise Critic that told us that our cruise was cancelled before P&O did. (This was the day before we where meant to leave to go on the cruise!).

And since then I have been apart of Cruise Critic :), lurking for a little way.

Did you join in this AU/NZ board immediately or lurk for months or years?

When I joined CC this Australia & New Zealand Cruisers forum did not exist :), we all use to hang out in the "P&O Cruises ( Australia )" forum, in till March, 2011, when Cruise Critic created this forum.

I joined CC on July 8th 2012, but cant remember how I found CC!! I do suspect though that I might've found myself here after I Googled for info on Voyager of the Seas as I was so excited about her coming to Australia and the fact we had a cruise booked on her!! That was our second cruise, have been on Voyager of the Seas again since and now just waiting for her sister, Explorer of the Seas to arrive in November and our next cruise!

Edited by tillydog

Back in 2000 ... DD told me she found a site I'd really like to read: Cruise Critic.

The following year (2001) she could tell from my computer that I'd go to CC often so she signed me in as a member so I'd be able to post. :)

LuLu

My wife was nagging me about taking her and our 2 girls on a cruise.

Having never been on a cruise before I decided to do some research into this whole "Cruising"thing and found this site.

I joined before our first cruise to track down some more info.

Love the info sharing on this site and I do look most weeks to see what is happening in these threads.

I went on a Navy reunion cruise back in Oct 2012 with a group of ex-Navy married couples.

The girls loved it so much we decided to cruise some more with the same group. Google research brought me here.

I enrolled in Nov 2012.

Edited by Greensteam

Joined in 2010 after booking my first cruise which was half a world Princess cruise in 2011. I presume Mr Google found this for me. I joined the roll call , read all the princess forums and then read this board when it started up. I sometimes post when I think I have first hand info that folks are after [emoji16]

I had been looking at the cruise forum on TA and saw a number of references to CC I got curious and the rest is history. The trouble is I struggle a bit if I don't get my Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor daily fix. Just luv both forums.

Pushka occasionally posts on another forum I'm active on and when I mentioned I was looking at booking my first cruise she recommended I join here.

Thanks, Pushka. :)

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Had been on 3 cruises in 2011 & 2012 & hadn't heard of cc. Googled something (deck plans??) for our upcoming Radiance cruise back in Dec 2012 & up popped cc. First off I saw the main Royal Caribbean board, but quickly found the (mostly) friendly folk on the Aus/NZ board. Been a regular ever since :)

I was googling reviews of the cruise ship I booked - Rhapsody - and cruise critic came up. Start of an 9month online obsession prior to my first cruise.

But such a great resource for first time cruisers as I was back then.

I joined up straight away because I had heaps of questions to ask and I also joined the roll call for my cruise.

This year I have a land vacation instead and my online obsession is revolving around forums for that destination.

Edited by aussielozzie18

2006 for me. We were cruising on the Sapphire Princess Singapore to Sydney and we were trying to figure where the ship sailed from in Singapore. Our son found the CC website on line and we signed up immediately for the Meet and Greet, about 3 days before we were due to sail. A couple hosted the Meet and Greet in their cabin.....the Grand Suite!!!!

We thought how long has this being going on!!! Haven't been in a Grand Suite since I must add!!

Joined 2005,just booked a cruise and looked up the ship we were going on,story mentioned Cruise Critic so looked at that and the first entry on there was someone going on our cruise and wanting to meet up. No roll call then,i was so excited i tried to reply but found you had to join and get a user name etc. :eek: i couldnt think of anything witty so thats how i ended up with my moniker Past it ! As i was telling the young fellow who wanted to meet up for a drink that i was much older and not the disco type lol

Mr Google.....Had just booked our first cruise and was looking for a cruise forum and this is where I landed though I didn't visit the Au and NZ board for quite a long time because the cruise was Alaska.

Trip Adviser ... hit on their "cruise forum" and was redirected here. Learnt a heck of a lot from all the very experienced cruisers here. I'm still pretty much of a newbie and still learning a lot after only 3 cruises since that time.

Thanks for everyone's input on Cruise Critic. Very much appreciated.

Looks like I joined in 2012. Probably just wandered on to it through cyberspace but it has been a wonderful place for learning things and sometimes even offering info as well.

Steve.