MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

B2C_Cabin_SE_grand_suite_800X450qw.jpg

Was it this?

Two Wheels - That is exactly it. Thanks for sharing it here.

Edit. I'm sure the renderings are not to scale, but I hope for those who booked these cabins that the balcony is indeed approx 129sft

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Was it this?

For four people I would stick to the true 2br. That would be great for two people when MSC will allow it, but the vestibule ruins half of the balcony space. I think the 1br side GS, which I suspect will have a similar design, will be better for two - exception of deck 14. MSC seems inconsistent on the pricing, sometimes as much as $1K less than a YC deluxe, sometimes about the about same. For two I think I would stay with YC.

I wish they made more royal suites... but for the price these aren't bad.

For four people I would stick to the true 2br. That would be great for two people when MSC will allow it, but the vestibule ruins half of the balcony space. I think the 1br side GS, which I suspect will have a similar design, will be better for two - exception of deck 14. MSC seems inconsistent on the pricing, sometimes as much as $1K less than a YC deluxe, sometimes about the about same. For two I think I would stay with YC.

I wish they made more royal suites... but for the price these aren't bad.

I also think the vestibule takes away from the balcony. It doesn't appear big enough for a couple of chairs. What is the purpose of it? To minimize wind. I think if it was an open regular balcony but with adjustable plexi-glass it would be better. In fact the Celebrity Edge concept of Edge Veranda balconies would have been a great idea for the center GS balconies.

With all that balcony space they should be able to put at least one Lounger. ...

I've been on the Divina in a balcony stateroom with oversized veranda (on the hump). The veranda was large enough to accommodate at least 15 people (ie: cocktail reception), but only had two chairs. I am not sure if they would have provided more chairs (or a lounger) if requested. For what it's worth, I had no issues with the two chairs.

I've been on the Divina in a balcony stateroom with oversized veranda (on the hump). The veranda was large enough to accommodate at least 15 people (ie: cocktail reception), but only had two chairs. I am not sure if they would have provided more chairs (or a lounger) if requested. For what it's worth, I had no issues with the two chairs.

I like spending time on my balcony and yes if two chairs is all they offer I will take it :).

I wonder if MSC like some cruise lines decide on balcony furniture depending on the cabin category. On RCI I have seen some regular cabins that have huge balconies and were equipped with at least one lounge chair. Yes the lounger was not as plush as the ones in the higher end suites but still nice to have. :)

Similarly on Meraviglia some of those corner Aurea Cabin balconies though narrow had a lounger. For Seaside, hopefully we will all know soon.

...What is the purpose of it? To minimize wind ... In fact the Celebrity Edge concept of Edge Veranda balconies would have been a great idea for the center GS balconies.

I'm sure the vestibule is there due to wind excessively pressurizing the cabin with a single door. Unfortunately it takes up almost half of the available balcony space. I don't think one of those Edge Infinte Veranda openings would work well on a forward facing cabin.

Virgin Voyages made a big reveal today. The ship has many attributes that remind me of MSC SEASIDE. Attached is an aft view. NCL's project Leonardo also reminds me of SEASIDE. All these ships appear to be adaptations of Fincantieri's Project Mille design. The biggest appeal of the new Virgin Voyages ship? It will be adults only. 18 and over only. Sign me up! Finally a mass-market ship not trying to be all things to all people.

Back to MSC, I made final payment today for my SEASIDE cruise in January. Can't believe it's finally around the corner. I made the booking so long ago.

38023096926_a7d256d6d6_o.png

eroller - Big reveal indeed and very cool looking ship. It also looks like (the bow and front area) the new MSC World Class ship design that was revealed few months ago. I think what MSC and Virgin Voyages are doing with their design is good for the cruise market. Nice change up IMO.

Looks like a multi-storey car par park placed on the back of a ship, the X bow front looks good on the North Sea supply ships to the oil rigs but looks damned ugly on this.

Branson is just an opportunist who has had his backside kicked in the UK having lost a medical contract running one of the health authorities for poor service, like his rail service on the UK West Coast mainline this will be run on minimum investment.

30 days away from the first sailing and still a Deafening Silence from MSC on certain cabins and various other items on the ship! Will they ever get their combined act together or will they continue to stumble around falling over themselves while others show them how things are done ... :confused:

When is Seaside's first cruise? I.e. when do we finally start seeing cabin pictures? :)

The Director of Housekeeping on Seaside told us on Facebook that they are not allowed to release photos of the staterooms until they have been turned over to MSC for final preparations. He was expecting that to happen a week ago but so far, no photos.

The Director of Housekeeping on Seaside told us on Facebook that they are not allowed to release photos of the staterooms until they have been turned over to MSC for final preparations. He was expecting that to happen a week ago but so far, no photos.

I don’t know the ins and outs of ship building. But what is the legal “turning over”? Is that the day the ship is complete and MSC officially takes ownership??

It’s just strange to me that the staterooms aren’t turned over but all the other areas are!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t know the ins and outs of ship building. But what is the legal “turning over”? Is that the day the ship is complete and MSC officially takes ownership??

It’s just strange to me that the staterooms aren’t turned over but all the other areas are!

Here is Mark’s post from yesterday in Facebook

“ "Finished" photos of cabins are still a week or two away.Please keep in mind that everything has to be loaded on board,Laundry needs to be operational, Crew fully trained and in place, and all cabins MUST pass the final inspections with ZERO remarks from our side.As soon as we have cabins that are fully set up I will post , I Understand and appreciate the anticipation and would not like to ruin it by posting photos that do not show the true beauty of this ship, Public Areas,Open Decks and Cabins.”

Here is Mark’s post from yesterday in Facebook

“ "Finished" photos of cabins are still a week or two away.Please keep in mind that everything has to be loaded on board,Laundry needs to be operational, Crew fully trained and in place, and all cabins MUST pass the final inspections with ZERO remarks from our side.As soon as we have cabins that are fully set up I will post , I Understand and appreciate the anticipation and would not like to ruin it by posting photos that do not show the true beauty of this ship, Public Areas,Open Decks and Cabins.”

I am not knocking Mark here, but I find it odd that he was free to post "in process" photos of the public areas but not the cabins. There are many public space photos with construction going on.

I'm sure he is posting everything that he is allowed to, but I wonder what MSC is hiding with the cabins?

I am not knocking Mark here, but I find it odd that he was free to post "in process" photos of the public areas but not the cabins. There are many public space photos with construction going on.

I'm sure he is posting everything that he is allowed to, but I wonder what MSC is hiding with the cabins?

I don't think MSC is trying to hide anything. They just have other priorities right now trying to finish the ship. Also keep in mind the vast majority of passengers know exactly what their cabins will look like. The same as the renderings and floor plans that MSC has already published. A standard balcony is a standard balcony. There are only a few cabin types that seem to remain a mystery, and I'm sure all will be revealed soon enough. It does seem like that majority of people posting on this board are booked in one of those mystery cabins which is a little odd. Those of us in standard balcony, ocean view, and inside cabins will pretty much have no surprises and know what to expect. I'm booked in an inside YC cabin, and the size is still a bit of a mystery but I figure I'll just have to wait until pics are posted from initial passengers, if they are at all.

Also keep in mind that almost all the cabins (except the largest suites) are prefabricated at a factory off site, then transported to the ship and slid into place and locked down. Then all the connections are made with the ship. The cabins arrive as almost complete units, with pretty much everything in place except the soft goods like bedding, curtains, and towels. Then each cabin is inspected and locked off when signed off that all is acceptable by MSC. They probably don't want pictures of the cabins released in their bare state, without bedding and curtains and that is probably understandable from a marketing standpoint.

The other factor is MSC itself. It's just not as organized as other cruise lines. Perhaps this is due to them being Italian-centric or just the fact they are quite global with offices spread all over the place. Headquartered in Switzerland, with operating offices in Italy, and sales/marketing offices around the globe. I know here in the US the office in Fort Lauderdale is pretty much captive to the information that headquarters in Switzerland sends them. Sometimes things are lost in translation or just not sent at all. Headquarters in Switzerland is captive to what the shipyard in Italy sends them. So lots of steps and players to get information distributed, and many times it's not accurate which is frustrating.

I'm not making excuses but just being realistic.

Oh Thank You ! I have not seen those cabin pictures and I sincerely appreciate you sharing them again ! That appears to be a standard balcony room , and looks very similar to our cabin on the Divina .

Can someone confirm that some cabins have the beds located nearest to the sliding balcony door while other cabins have the sofa located closest to the balcony door . TIA !

Ernie ... You may have missed these that I posted some time ago.

Thanks for reposting. Of course these are not official and leaked, but good to see something. Looks like the rendering of a standard balcony. No surprises which is what I expected. Very purple! LOL