MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Can someone confirm that some cabins have the beds located nearest to the sliding balcony door while other cabins have the sofa located closest to the balcony door . TIA !

I wonder how we'll know which cabins have the bed next to the sliding doors. I don't care for that configuration and wouldn't (knowingly) book it.

Can someone confirm that some cabins have the beds located nearest to the sliding balcony door while other cabins have the sofa located closest to the balcony door . TIA !

Hard to confirm based on the pictures, and of course the deck plan does not show an interlocking cabin design which is when you have every other cabin reversed in layout.

It does look like the bed is recessed a bit from where the sofa is, so I'm guessing the cabin next to the one pictured has a reverse layout. Again though hard to say for sure, as the indent is pretty minor and not as pronounced as I've seen on other ships with the interlocking cabin design.

I just disembarked HARMONY OF THE SEAS (amazing cruise) a couple weeks ago and my cabin had the bed next to the window. In the past I always felt I preferred the sofa next to the window or balcony, but I actually really liked the bed where it was. It was nice to walk right into a nice sitting area. So I'm not sure which I prefer now.

I prefer the layout I've seen on other cruise lines (most recently Princess in 2015) where the closet/shelves are on the bathroom side of the wall separating the bathroom from the bed area. Seems sort of weird to have everything exposed to the main living area but perhaps you gain a little bit of extra space? Makes it look more like a dorm lol.

I prefer the layout I've seen on other cruise lines (most recently Princess in 2015) where the closet/shelves are on the bathroom side of the wall separating the bathroom from the bed area. Seems sort of weird to have everything exposed to the main living area but perhaps you gain a little bit of extra space? Makes it look more like a dorm lol.

I like the Princess layout too, especially when traveling with a friend or my brother. It makes a nice private changing area right outside the bathroom. The downside is that cabin itself is smaller, and most don't have a sofa but just a chair.

I have to say one of my favorite cabins ever was last month on Harmony of the Seas. The arrangement is very similar to the Quantum Class. For a standard size cabin it was absolutely huge. Very long. The closets were actually on either side of the sofa and it worked great. Just a lot of space. A huge TV, great interactive system, the fastest internet, good drawer space, and a great bathroom too. Soundproofing was excellent. I didn't hear a thing from either side or the corridor either. In fact no light even peaked thru from under the door. Impressive. A toilet with plenty of leg room and a nice roomy shower. Expertly designed I must say. I hope I enjoy the cabin on SEASIDE as much.

Apologies for going off topic, but since we were discussing cabin design ...

37416951584_819775777f_b.jpg

38094455642_6454710355_b.jpg

Ernie ... I like the Princess design as well, plus you do not have the bathroom door blocking anyone who needs to get to the cabin door.

Not sure I like the design in the photos, will have to dig out our Oasis photos and see what our Balcony cabin was like, fairly sure the colours were much brighter.

To answer johnnimac , we sailed on the Divina in July and we had 3 cabins in a row , not connecting cabins with interior doors , but adjacent to each other, and we simply asked the cabin steward to open the balcony dividers between our cabins . It was a great way for our grandchildren to go between rooms without going into the hallway . One word of advice , tell others to knock if the curtains are drawn or lock the door if you need some privacy . Otherwise it was a great place to share sunsets with the family !

Ernie ... I like the Princess design as well, plus you do not have the bathroom door blocking anyone who needs to get to the cabin door.

Not sure I like the design in the photos, will have to dig out our Oasis photos and see what our Balcony cabin was like, fairly sure the colours were much brighter.

The design was completely reworked for Harmony, and the cabins are larger too (longer) as the ship is wider than Oasis and Allure.

The cabins on Oasis and Allure are more similar to MSC Seaside. The closet has sliding doors and is on the backside of the bathroom wall. I found this doesn’t work great if your bed is next to the closet. It leaves very little room between the closet and bed. Hopefully the cabins on Seaside are a little larger so this won’t be a problem.

Awesome! Sounds like a fun time

To answer johnnimac , we sailed on the Divina in July and we had 3 cabins in a row , not connecting cabins with interior doors , but adjacent to each other, and we simply asked the cabin steward to open the balcony dividers between our cabins . It was a great way for our grandchildren to go between rooms without going into the hallway . One word of advice , tell others to knock if the curtains are drawn or lock the door if you need some privacy . Otherwise it was a great place to share sunsets with the family !

Yacht Club filled up so fast - booked our cruise about a year out and all the Yacht Club rooms were booked, a bit of a bummer. Do the Yacht Club cabins resemble the others or are they larger, etc?

They are larger, suites and YC have nicer bathrooms as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they're about the size of a regular balcony suite, but a bit nicer features and amenities. It's the extra space in YC that is the bonus - private pool, hot tubs, dining room, lounge...all wonderful!

But check back when the full payment is due for the cruise you want. Some suites will open up. That's how we booked for the inaugural sailing out of Miami for Seaside. Three months before sailing.

Captain scala is doing daily countdown videos on instagram and revealed that for the first time today seaside is running on her own power whilst along side, they are starting the laundry tomorrow plus the kitchens and they crew come on board friday[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But check back when the full payment is due for the cruise you want. Some suites will open up. That's how we booked for the inaugural sailing out of Miami for Seaside. Three months before sailing.

I don't remember.... it's 90 days for final payment? I might want to check for YC openings too.

Yes...90 days.

Bret

I don't remember.... it's 90 days for final payment? I might want to check for YC openings too.
Actually, they changed it a few months ago and it's now 60 days for new reservations. But if you booked before the change, it's still 90 days. Check your confirmation or ask your TA.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Actually, they changed it a few months ago and it's now 60 days for new reservations. But if you booked before the change, it's still 90 days. Check your confirmation or ask your TA.

Thanks. I don't have any cruise booked on MSC, but I wanted to check to see if YC was available on those cruises that are approaching or into final payment. I did see some in January, otherwise not too much until July.

Thanks. I don't have any cruise booked on MSC, but I wanted to check to see if YC was available on those cruises that are approaching or into final payment. I did see some in January, otherwise not too much until July.

I saw an opening on my 1/27 cruise last week but its gone now. I suspect that most who booked YC did so when the final payment was 60 days.

If you're not following Captain Scala on Instagram, you should. He's been posting videos the past few days. He says the ship is running on its own power for the first time today, and the crew is joining the ship next week.

https://www.instagram.com/captain_scala/

He also posts links to them from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/captainscala/with_replies?lang=en

January 6th might be your best bet since they changed from an Eastern to a Western itinerary. I just made my final payment today. Bob

I believe it's just the opposite...old bookings had payment due 60 days prior - that's when we paid our August cruise, in June. New bookings are due 90 days before sailing - that's how we got a December booking and had to pay in full in September, 90 days from sailing and within 48 hours of booking. They changed payment terms in the US this past summer.