Pinnacle Grill lunch

I always have the shrimp bruschetta and the crab cakes, YUM! However, I do not like the chocolate dessert - it's kind of a soggy chocolate custard baked around a dry bit of brownie, as far as I remember. (Don't want to remember!:eek:)

Another vote for the bruschetta and the crab cakes! I love the lunches in the Pinnacle -- more than the dinners. :) Unfortunately on our last cruise it was available only 3 times on the 15-day cruise. Private bookings. :(

Edited by Cruising-along

Another vote for the bruschetta and the crab cakes! I love the lunches in the Pinnacle -- more than the dinners. :) Unfortunately on our last cruise it was available only 3 times on the 15-day cruise. Private bookings. :(

I enjoy the lunch more than dinner, too. And usually don't even need dinner after a PG lunch.:D The burger is huge and delicious - my DH really enjoys that. I try for something lighter, and everything is good, and my favourite is the penne and chicken.

We've tried, and liked, just about everything. However, we usually skip dessert at lunch. We're particularly fond of the Bistro Steak with Blue Cheese Crust.

Usually I love the PG burger. This last time it was WAY overcooked, completely tasteless and dry. It will be quite a while before I order that again - if ever. The burgers at the Dive In were much, much better that cruise. I'll have the Bistro Steak for future PG lunches.

If you have a good PG, you definitely want to do lunch.

I am NOT a hamburger fan but a good hamburger in the PG is delish and exceeds the Dive In by a mile. The bruschetta is wonderful.

I actually can't think of a whole lot I don't like on the PG luncheon menu.

I'm not a big dessert eater at lunch so I can't comment too much as I often forego it.

Our lunches on the Prinsendam and Westerdam were wonderful. Best buy on the ship IMO and so nice on a sea day compared to the Lido. In fact, they were so good, we went back over and over when we could get in :)

We would just add that DW and I love the Pinnacle lunch (have tried many things) even if we order just a hamburger (this is not a normal burger). In fact, we could care less about ever going to the Pinnacle for dinner (we find it overpriced and underwhelming) but will always try to get there for at least one lunch on every HAL cruise.

Hank

What cut of meat is the bistro steak?

It was an end cut of beef tenderloin (Filet mignon.) The dinner fillets are center cut, which is a larger diameter. It's still a tasty, tasty steak. Since the description doesn't say what cut it is, you can always ask to be safe.

Halibut Sandwich, sans bread and potato salad, add the asparagus and scalloped potatoes from the steak: heaven!!

Crab and shrimp cakes: nice and light.

Scallop Panacotta is outstanding, very rich. Yum!

The Chocolate Brownie Decadence with ice cream is sensational if you like dark chocolate. This is one heavy dessert, but, hey, I'm on a cruise!!

Had the onion soup once and it seemed to have pieces of straw in it. Obviously onions cooked very badly. That was a really bad day for the Pinnacle kitchen and I have never dared try it again!

When we cruised the Panama I was unable to leave the ship. I planned ahead and made reservation for about 12:30 for one and asked for a window table. I was able to watch us come back through the first locks from my table. Joined by nice people I had met through http://www.cruisecritic.com. Really enjoyed the food, the view and the company.

Halibut Sandwich, sans bread and potato salad, add the asparagus and scalloped potatoes from the steak: heaven!!

Crab and shrimp cakes: nice and light.

Scallop Panacotta is outstanding, very rich. Yum!

The Chocolate Brownie Decadence with ice cream is sensational if you like dark chocolate. This is one heavy dessert, but, hey, I'm on a cruise!!

Had the onion soup once and it seemed to have pieces of straw in it. Obviously onions cooked very badly. That was a really bad day for the Pinnacle kitchen and I have never dared try it again!

Agree with you on the halibut sandwich but that brownie is disgusing. I love chocolate and brownies but it tastes like wet rubbery cake. I enjoy the strawberry dessert.

I am one who has found the PG dinners to be underwhelming. When I reach 5 Star Mariner status, which will be in my cruise in December, I wonder if I could substitute the complimentary dinners for complimentary lunches. Only have had one PG lunch, which was on the Nieuw Amsterdam. But, it surely was better than any of my non-special event PG dinners.

I am one who has found the PG dinners to be underwhelming. When I reach 5 Star Mariner status, which will be in my cruise in December, I wonder if I could substitute the complimentary dinners for complimentary lunches. Only have had one PG lunch, which was on the Nieuw Amsterdam. But, it surely was better than any of my non-special event PG dinners.

They let us substitute an Amex Platinum dinner for a lunch last year. We "lost" the difference in cost, but we had an extra Pinnacle dinner that our traveling companions didn’t have, and we wanted to have dinner together each night. It doesn't hurt to ask.

The burger is just so so ..

Agreed.

I had heard how great the burger in the Pinnacle was' date=' so one time I skipped breakfast so I would be hungry for an early lunch there. Ordered the burger and was terribly disappointed. It was overcooked, dry, and just not at all what it was cracked up to be.

The burgers in the Dive-In are so much better, cooked as I like them, and served at a decent time for lunch (so I don't have to give up breakfast! :D). And there's no charge at the Dive-in, either. ;)[/color']

The burger is just so so ..

Perhaps it depends on which ship and which chefs. My DH - the burger expert;) - declared the PG burgers on the Zuiderdam and the Westerdam to be delicious. However, on the Westerdam he didn't like the Dive In burger much and opted for a hot dog the next time we ordered from there.