Experienced Cruisers -what is the 1st item of business?

desertgal92262

What else is there to do but start a great cruise with a drink. It used to be, haul the carry ons to lido and have lunch and another drink til cabin is ready. Now with platinum, the carry on get dropped off, and then right to the lido deck.

The first thing we do is - go to our cabin with our carry-on bags- put them down- open the balcony door- step outside, and just enjoy- we don't rush anywhere- we just enjoy that we are beginning our cruise.

then... we decide where to go for a drink.:)

Go to the Front Desk to signup for the Behind the Scenes Tour and Cooking classes THEN verify all of the documents for excursions, Specialty Restaurants, and make any changes to dinner reservations/excursions before more passengers queue.

Go to the Front Desk to signup for the Behind the Scenes Tour and Cooking classes THEN verify all of the documents for excursions, Specialty Restaurants, and make any changes to dinner reservations/excursions before more passengers queue.

Yes....business first like above poster....except with the addition of.....

GRAB A DRINK:p

I am going on 4 day cruise & would like to ask experienced cruisers.

What is the very first thing you do when you get on board (besides grab a drink!) and why?

thank you

Seems you are on a Carnival Cruise so unless you have the FTTF thing you don't be able to go directly so your cabin so ...

just do the "grab a drink" and chill out! :D

I am going on 4 day cruise & would like to ask experienced cruisers.

What is the very first thing you do when you get on board (besides grab a drink!) and why?

thank you

We don't grab a drink. Depending on the time we board, we either go to lunch first or explore the ship.

Drop off our carry ons in the cabin, get lunch and then explore the ship if it is a new one. For a newbie I suggest you start at the top and walk each deck. It is amazing how much you might miss. We try to be back in our room for sail away to watch from our balcony. Somewhere along the way we will have bought our soda cards, signed up for the wine tasting and bought a drink.

Get a drink and grab a seat somewhere with a good view of the port. This is, after all, the first port. I like to watch all the busy activity on the dock below, and look at all the other vessels large and small in the area.

We go to our cabin and drop off our carry on luggage. Then head up to the Lido, (buffet restaurant) have some lunch.

After lunch we explore the ship for about 45 minutes or so, head back to the cabin, see if the luggage has arrived.

Muster drill usually at 3 pm and sail away at 4 pm, then head up to the bar for beverages.

Jonathan

Depends on when the room is ready - if it is, I fix up my room 1st before doing anything else like eating lunch or exploring. If it not, I get lunch from the MDR or the buffet with my bags in my hand (Luckily, my luggage is all carry-on).

What I do depends on when I arrive, how familiar I am with the ship, how hungry I am, and when sailaway happens to be. It figures to be some combination of the following:

* Pick up a ship map

* Pick up a newsletter

* Head to Promenade and catch up on things

* Brave the crowds on Lido and hope I can find a place to sit

* Figure out where I am

* Find my cabin

* Drop off bags

* Read the newsletter

* Unpack

* Snooze

We usually drop our bags off at our room first, to lighten the load a bit, and then we head to lunch. While in our room I like to take cabin pictures because it's the nicest the cabin will look for the entire week. :) I then proceed to send them to my family to make them jealous while I am at lunch! Getting a drink after lunch is always a must!

After lunch we head back to see if our luggage is there and if it is, we try to unpack. If it's not, we will walk around and explore the ship. Periodically checking back to the room for luggage. The last couple cruises we have had good luck with getting our luggage before muster and I like getting it into the cabin and out of the hall as soon as possible.