Laundry for BTB cruises

skyas

They offered a $30 special for everything that would fit into a rather thin paper bag. Kind of pricy, but still beats packing more clothes.

It's a plastic bag, so if you stuff it carefully, it stretches and you can pack quite a lot of underwear, t-shirts and shorts in there.

:)

2_Royal_Caribbean_Laundry_Bag_Special_Deal_Oasis_of_the_Seas_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I would plan on going ashore, finding a laundromat, and taking care of it on turnaround day!

Not me. It would not be worth the time or hassle. Many don't even have a car at port.

OP. A laundry discount would certainly be a great perk for B2B and could still generate revenue. We have used the ship laundry service, wash and fold and the dry cleaning on many occasions have been pleased.

Enjoy the B2B

M

I would plan on going ashore, finding a laundromat, and taking care of it on turnaround day!

Not very sensible, the time spent finding the nearest laundromat, the $$$ to get there and back, and more time spent waiting and washing and drying clothes could be better spent onboard when you've got the whole ship to yourself.

Also did a B2B this month, when we got the Laundry Special bag the first week we didn't use it, but the Cabin Attendant told us we could use it any day that we wanted to have laundry done at the special price without having to wait until that day came around the second time.

Not me. It would not be worth the time or hassle. Many don't even have a car at port.

OP. A laundry discount would certainly be a great perk for B2B and could still generate revenue. We have used the ship laundry service, wash and fold and the dry cleaning on many occasions have been pleased.

Enjoy the B2B

M

Same here. Between the expense of getting to and from a laundromat, the cost of the laundry itself, and the value of your wasted time, I would do the laundry bag special onboard, or pick up some Woolite and hand wash a few things in the sink and dry in the shower before I went off to do laundry. Even shampoo can get a pair of shorts clean in case of an emergency (Don't ask how I know this)!

• 3 months later...

We will be doing two short B2B - on IOS - 5 day then a 4 day and we are Diamond.

I've never done the shorter cruises.

Will we still get coupons for laundry?

And what are they?

I haven't been on Royal in a while - mainly cruising Celebrity and I love their free bags for Elite.

Thanks!

We will be doing two short B2B - on IOS - 5 day then a 4 day and we are Diamond.

I've never done the shorter cruises.

Will we still get coupons for laundry?

And what are they?

I haven't been on Royal in a while - mainly cruising Celebrity and I love their free bags for Elite.

Thanks!

You will still get the same coupons you get on 7-day cruises:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045047

You will still get the same coupons you get on 7-day cruises:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045047

Thanks Bob!

You are so helpful on the Royal board.

One more question as I just read the link....

It shows the internet discount for Diamond as either 30 minutes free or 20% off a package. I thought that changed? But maybe I'm getting threads/cruise lines mixed up?

For Diamonds, is it 24 hours free per Diamond or another option?

Thanks again for all your help.

Patti

Thanks Bob!

It shows the internet discount for Diamond as either 30 minutes free or 20% off a package. I thought that changed? But maybe I'm getting threads/cruise lines mixed up?

Patti

The internet discounts are not up to date on the link I posted.

I believe the "D" discount is either one free 24 hour period, or $30/$40 (depending on ship) off the purchase of a package.

Thanks Bob!

Patti

You are right; it has changed. There are no more "minutes".

And you are correct that each Diamond member gets one 24 hour period free, or can apply a dollar amount to any package.

Also did a B2B this month, when we got the Laundry Special bag the first week we didn't use it, but the Cabin Attendant told us we could use it any day that we wanted to have laundry done at the special price without having to wait until that day came around the second time.

Make sure you ask about this. On a recent cruise we go the wash and fold bag in the cabin. We waited 2 days to fill it and turn it in. We were told we had missed the day and would have to wait until the second day. By then we were 3 days from the end of the cruise. I washed a few things in the sink and called it a day. We have used this service before and it was useful. YMMV