We strayed to Carnival...NEVER again!

BopRN

[quote name='Cruzaholic41']Yes, over and over again. Your post count on this thread has more than doubled the second poster. We get it. You're a "Carnival Cheer Leader And Proud of it!," as you state in your signature. You're going to have to learn to get over it. There are people who do not like Carnival - me being one of them - and no matter how many times you post, you're not going to change anything.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Maybe in 2017 after my Anthem of the Seas cruise I will change my signature to RCI chearleader and proud of it. Then I will go to Carnival threads and torment them.

[quote name='CarnieAddict']Lol. Maybe in 2017 after my Anthem of the Seas cruise I will change my signature to RCI chearleader and proud of it. Then I will go to Carnival threads and torment them.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't care. The ones who do should seek counseling for insecurity.

[quote name='Big_G']I think we were introduced to big screens on Princess which weren't bad but then we sailed Carnival it was just too loud. Practically ear splitting. That's why I was a little apprehensive when Royal started adding them. Of the three, I think Royal is the better at keeping them low key. Of course maybe Carnival had enough complaints by now that they keep them generally lower.[/QUOTE]

I don't like the endless loop of the morning show.

We have cruised both Carnival and RCCL and I find a few differences. Yes, Carnival always has many more kids on their cruises than RCCL. We once booked an Easter Cruise on the Conquest....never again....no Easter cruises....on ANY cruise line! There were so many unsupervised kids overrunning the ship! They broke the elevators because they would press all of the numbers at once lol. RCCL is a more sophisticated cruise. Don't get me wrong, if I were invited on a Carnival cruise, I would pack my bags right now. I don't dislike Carnival but if I can go on a cruise where there weren't as many kids, I would prefer it.
One thing that Carnival is head and shoulders above over RCCL is photography. Carnival has such beautiful backdrops, beautiful lighting, and more professional photographers. RCCL photographers just say "stand there" and they flash the picture before you can even settle in your spot...the lighting is harsh and unflattering. In one of our pics, there were people in the view behind us and the lighting was horrible...looked like a huge spotlight was on us lol. Carnival takes the time to pose you just right, adjust my husband's collar, etc. We have bought TONS of pics on Carnival. On our last RCCL cruise we took a total of 86 pictures and I didn't buy one of them.
The food is about the same...room stewards, bars, dining room service is good on both in our experience. I think with anything, no two products will be the same. There are tradeoffs. But the difference between the two isn't enough to prefer one over the other. I would cruise either Carnival or RCCL. ;) Edited by Cruzfan34

[quote name='Big_G']I think many people and not just here on Cruise Critic refer to better behaved people as classier. It rarely has anything to do with actually having class or classism but it's always fodder for the politically correct.[/QUOTE]

The same boorish behaviors exist on Carnival, Royal, and NCL. Chair hogs, unparented wild children, drunks, and other boorish behavior is overlooked on the preferred line and reviled on the other lines.

Here on CC, class is defined as "my line". Calling the the other "low class" is done to validate their own egos and gain approval from the anomymous like thinkers.

[quote name='Cruzfan34']snip...
One thing that Carnival is head and shoulders above over RCCL is photography. Carnival has such beautiful backdrops, beautiful lighting, and more professional photographers. RCCL photographers just say "stand there" and they flash the picture before you can even settle in your spot...the lighting is harsh and unflattering. In one of our pics, there were people in the view behind us and the lighting was horrible...looked like a huge spotlight was on us lol. Carnival takes the time to pose you just right, adjust my husband's collar, etc. We have bought TONS of pics on Carnival. On our last RCCL cruise we took a total of 86 pictures and I didn't buy one of them.
...snip [/QUOTE]

This I will agree with. I was extremely impressed with the quality of the photos taken on the Breeze. I even made the comment while on the ship that Carnival's photography blows RCCL away! But since I don't cruise to take professional photos, that's not enough to sway me to choose Carnival.

[quote name='WrittenOnYourHeart']Somehow I did a 7-night Alaska cruise on the Radiance and never noticed this "morning show" thing. What is it?[/QUOTE]

They play it on the pool screen from around 9 - 11. It only lasts around 10 minutes, then repeats, over and over

I work in a doctor's office. Guess what? Rude people with poor social graces as well. People of all ages wearing inappropriate dress, "letting it all hang out". This is the new America, where the people do as they feel makes them happiest. My opinion of the Dream, which I have sailed on, was it was just bigger, with more staterooms but not more common areas or entertainment options. No cruise line, besides the luxury liners, is going to make every cruiser happy. Readers, your on vacation! If after 4 cruises your still disappointed, try a different kind of vacation

[quote name='Luvmypetz']I work in a doctor's office. Guess what? Rude people with poor social graces as well. People of all ages wearing inappropriate dress, "letting it all hang out". This is the new America, where the people do as they feel makes them happiest. My opinion of the Dream, which I have sailed on, was it was just bigger, with more staterooms but not more common areas or entertainment options. No cruise line, besides the luxury liners, is going to make every cruiser happy. Readers, your on vacation! If after 4 cruises your still disappointed, try a different kind of vacation[/QUOTE]

Very good first post! Welcome to Cruise Critic.

[quote name='Luvmypetz']I work in a doctor's office. Guess what? Rude people with poor social graces as well. People of all ages wearing inappropriate dress, "letting it all hang out". This is the new America, where the people do as they feel makes them happiest.[/quote]
This morning I watched a twenty-something park her SUV in a handicapped spot and walk to the entrance of our local grocery store wearing what appeared to be pajama pants, flip-flops, and a tank top with no bra. I almost gagged.

From 1991 to 2000, I would only cruise CCL. Then I took my first RCL cruise, and haven't been back to CCL since! CCL is NOT in RCL's league at all.

I have strayed from RCL to DCL, but they are comparable so I will stick with those two, until I go on my first Celebrity cruise, which I am thoroughly looking forward to :)

Not a single thing on your list of complaints qualifies for a "never again!" type diatribe, imho. (in my experience, most of your complaints could easily be about any cruise line)

People wearing beach-ware on the pool deck? No sesame rolls with dinner? The horror. And heck, if not having the pop-machines is a capital offense, then RCCL is, imho MORE guilty, since they market them, and pretend to have them, but never install them anywhere. Jerks.

[quote name='Luvmypetz'] besides the luxury liners, is going to make every cruiser happy.[/QUOTE]

Not even the luxury liners can do that. All one has to do is read the reviews to see that. Its impossible to make every cruiser happy :o

[quote name='Newby58']What is a Key Lime Pie? Similar to a lemon meringue pie in Oz?[/quote]
It is pastel green, creamy, has a sweet tart lime flavor (some are sweeter than others). Usually doesn't have a topping. It is quite good. It was probably invented in the Florida keys using a "key lime", a type of lime, but is usually made with any standard lime. And it does have a graham cracker crust. If you like lemon meringue pie, you would probably like this, though as stated in another answer, there is no meringue.

It is pastel green, creamy, has a sweet tart lime flavor (some are sweeter than others). Usually doesn't have a topping. It is quite good. It was probably invented in the Florida keys using a "key lime", a type of lime, but is usually made with any standard lime. And it does have a graham cracker crust. If you like lemon meringue pie, you would probably like this, though as stated in another answer, there is no meringue.

Oh heck no! A key lime pie made with standard limes is not a key lime pie. One hint....if the pie is green, it's not key lime. A real key lime pie is more of a yellow color. The standard topping is whipped cream, but meringue is also used by some restaurants.

I live in the key lime capital so I guess I'm a bit of a critic. ;)