24 Hour Courtesy Hold - Gone?

yogimax

I was just on the phone with C&A about the courtesy hold. He tells me that yes, they are removed. His explanation was something about cabins being held and not booked and then than turning back to inventory just prior to sailing. (I don't buy that story as it is only 24 hours). He tells me that he has only had one negative call besides mine.

It will be no real issue of I am looking at a cruise further out than final payment but because of our schedules and other commitments, we often sail sort of last minute - less than 3 months out.

Wow - what else will thy do to pi$$ of loyal customers.

M

Why not just book through website and transfer to TA when convenient. Just curious, when you use hold and contact TA next day, can they access the hold or do you need to release it first

The cabin is released and then rebooked but it is rebooked at the price that was held. If the price goes up overnight I still get the price I had for the courtesy hold.

Recently, I was on a B2B on the Oasis but in two different cabins and categories due to pricing. I noticed the price went down when I was checking around midnight but my TA was closed. I held the cabin on a courtesy hold. The next day my TA did whatever they do when they call RC and I was able to switch my cabin. After the switch I was in the same category and cabin for both sailings.

My disclaimer, when I see a good price or cabin I want, I go into panic mode and think if I don't grab it right then I'll miss it. [emoji15]. As if everyone wants my cabin or the price fluctuates that much. 99% of the time this is not the case.

I wonder if RC has any way to determine how the lack of option affects sales, good or bad.

I was just on the phone with C&A about the courtesy hold. He tells me that yes, they are removed. His explanation was something about cabins being held and not booked and then than turning back to inventory just prior to sailing. (I don't buy that story as it is only 24 hours). He tells me that he has only had one negative call besides mine.

It will be no real issue of I am looking at a cruise further out than final payment but because of our schedules and other commitments, we often sail sort of last minute - less than 3 months out.

Wow - what else will thy do to pi$$ of loyal customers.

M

Still there for me. I clicked first button, but won't click the confirmation. Don't want to run out of my allotment. ;)

1442420986114.jpg.3db3b6ee588eae02774dcbc5e9da257d.jpg

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to share my experience with a Courtesy Hold I put on a cruise. I put a hold on a stateroom at around 11:00pm for a really great deal, received a confirmation email so no problem here. The very next day at 6:30pm (still within 24 hours), my held reservation was no longer showing up in my account so I decided to give Royal Caribbean a call.

I was told that because I didn't make a payment by 5:00pm, my reservation was cancelled. Nowhere on their website or the email confirmation does it state I have to make a payment by 5pm. If that's the case, then it's really not a 24 hour courtesy hold.

After being on the phone for almost an hour, I got them to reinstate the reservation at the original price. Their explanation was 24 hours meant 24 "business hours" so when I put the hold at 11pm, the clock already started at 5pm (6 hours before) so 24 hours would make the reservation expire at 5pm the next day.

I don't buy it...if it's 24 "business hours" wouldn't that make it 3 days based on an 8 hour work day??

Just wanted to share my experience with a Courtesy Hold I put on a cruise. I put a hold on a stateroom at around 11:00pm for a really great deal, received a confirmation email so no problem here. The very next day at 6:30pm (still within 24 hours), my held reservation was no longer showing up in my account so I decided to give Royal Caribbean a call.

I was told that because I didn't make a payment by 5:00pm, my reservation was cancelled. Nowhere on their website or the email confirmation does it state I have to make a payment by 5pm. If that's the case, then it's really not a 24 hour courtesy hold.

After being on the phone for almost an hour, I got them to reinstate the reservation at the original price. Their explanation was 24 hours meant 24 "business hours" so when I put the hold at 11pm, the clock already started at 5pm (6 hours before) so 24 hours would make the reservation expire at 5pm the next day.

I don't buy it...if it's 24 "business hours" wouldn't that make it 3 days based on an 8 hour work day??

My "Courtesy Holds" are always exactly 24 hrs. Haven't seen one come up short yet.

Well this sucks....I always use courtesy holds because if I find a good deal on something, it gives my husband an I a day to see if we can get the time off work. It's worked out for a number of times, but now it looks like we'd only be able to use it for non-Caribbean cruises. :-(

I realize this thread is from last September, but has anyone had any luck recently holding a reservation? I am one who does not have a hold button, so I was curious if anyone does have it now.

Yes, had one the other day. I've not been able to discern the pattern as to which cruises can be held and which cannot.

Yes, had one the other day. I've not been able to discern the pattern as to which cruises can be held and which cannot.

I have the same experience. Very frustrating as there are times I cannot reach my husband to confirm if he wants to do that cruise. In those cases, I reserve and then cancel.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to book and hold a JS AFT cabin (hard to get!) so I could have my TA update my reservation with new room. NO HOLD button whatsoever. I paid the $500 down payment and will have TA correct for me. Just too good of a deal/room to pass up, but really think that RCI needs to get the hold button back, all the time, for everyone!

It was gone when I did my reservation. You lose nothing is you are not during the " no refund days". Now I book it and cancel it the next day if I have to, they give you a full refund so I have nothing to lose.

It was gone when I did my reservation. You lose nothing is you are not during the " no refund days". Now I book it and cancel it the next day if I have to, they give you a full refund so I have nothing to lose.

Unfortunately not an option for many outside the US who have non-refundable deposits from the moment they book.

FYI -- I just did two holds last week. Did that on previous advice from my TA. If the price is gone by the time I get in touch with him, at least I can book directly with RCI. Both the holds stayed for at least 24 hours. I got confirmation numbers for the holds and emails when the holds expired.