Nasty rumor

antique sailor

AHOY SHIPMATES,

Heard a nasty rumor that the SBC's for Carnival stockholders are going to be discontinued sometime in 2016.

ANY ONE ELSE heard anything along those lines?

Where did you hear the rumour, if you don't mind sharing?

The shareholder OBC expires every year. It's been that way since I bought my shares. Every year at the shareholder meeting it's been renewed. So yes it currently shows it ending 'sometime in 2016', but if it holds true to form at the annual meeting it will be renewed.

I'm not a shareholder, but isn't this something the Board of Directors votes on every year, and isn't guaranteed?

Roz

The shareholder OBC expires every year. It's been that way since I bought my shares. Every year at the shareholder meeting it's been renewed. So yes it currently shows it ending 'sometime in 2016', but if it holds true to form at the annual meeting it will be renewed.

exactly. It's voted on every year and it's been that way for more years than I can count ;)

Guess I'll sell my CCL and buy RCI

I certainly hope this is an attempt at humor and not a serious comment, as I would hate to think that anyone would make a stock purchasing/selling decision on the basis of an unfounded and unidentified (as to source) rumor ... but then again ...

We have confirmed stock holder OBC all the way through May 2017. While I'm sure you trust your sources, it looks a lot like "making things up" from here.

Wow, that's way ahead of your trip. I thought they wanted proof of ownership that was within a few months of sailing date. I usually submit my request one or two months prior to the voyage.

Wow, that's way ahead of your trip. I thought they wanted proof of ownership that was within a few months of sailing date. I usually submit my request one or two months prior to the voyage.

I have sent mine off about 9 months out with no issues.

Which reminds me, I haven't done it for the Westerdam cruise.

I better get that i dotted and t crossed ;)

I've never waited until the last minute - too many other things to do ;)

Whereas I had issues a year or two ago when I tried to apply for the OBC too early. Go figure!

Both Princess and HAL have told me they want a statement proving ownership within 60 days of sailing. HAL has accepted it after final payment, but Princess was adamant on our recent cruise.

I dunno. I faxed in the ownership form and received a confirmation. I've always done this more than a year in advance.

It's RCL and almost impossible to get any OBC.

We have confirmed stock holder OBC all the way through May 2017. While I'm sure you trust your sources, it looks a lot like "making things up" from here.

Thanks for the clarification.

Rumors get people all shaken up for nothing but we'll never rid ourselves of them. :D