"Some amazing changes coming to Celebrity fleet" announcement mid-week this week!

days@sea

[quote name='excitedofharpenden']My brain may be failing me, but I don't remember them adding specialties to other ships except Century when Celebriity created Murano. That name was then carried forward later to the S-Class restaurants. I remember Murano on Century as a lovely room.

Phil[/QUOTE]

Hi Phil:).....MURANO was added to Century in 2006 when she had a major
dry dock....and yes, the room was lovely. Edited by Lois R

[quote name='BEAV']I believe you're correct. I don't recall any specialty restaurants being added to Zenith, Horizon, Mercury or Galaxy. Murano's was added to Century during its 2006 major refit, which included adding balconies to previously ocean view staterooms.[/QUOTE]

Mercury did have "Alternative Dining". It's venue was within the Oceanview, complete with table cloths and soft lighting. It was a nice change from daily dining in the MDR. And as others have mentioned, just $2.00. They had a limited menu, but it was very good.

[quote name='Karynanne']Mercury did have "Alternative Dining". It's venue was within the Oceanview, complete with table cloths and soft lighting. It was a nice change from daily dining in the MDR. And as others have mentioned, just $2.00. They had a limited menu, but it was very good.[/QUOTE]

You're right, and thanks for the reminder. ;) We did try that venue once on Mercury and agree it was a pleasant change. Sure miss Mercury....:(

[quote name='BEAV']You're right, and thanks for the reminder. ;) We did try that venue once on Mercury and agree it was a pleasant change. Sure miss Mercury....:([/QUOTE]

FYI...they had the same set up on Galaxy and Century.....they had a
portion of the buffet set up for dinner and it was 2.00 on those ships
too. I remember sailing Century in 2009 and we had a group of 8 or 10
who ate up there together. It was really nice.......and I miss those ships
too:(

[quote name='excitedofharpenden']My brain may be failing me, but I don't remember them adding specialties to other ships except Century when Celebriity created Murano. That name was then carried forward later to the S-Class restaurants. I remember Murano on Century as a lovely room.

Phil[/QUOTE]

Phil:

I checked back and you are correct, the only alternative dining they had on Zenith and Horizon was the casual dining in the buffet area. It wasn't your brain but mine.

I went to old threads to check this out and found threads about nickel and dining and a whole slew of current complaints. This was as far back as 2004, a poster started a thread on nickel and dining and his major complaint was the $2.00 for the casual dining.

I also found one thread which you might find funny, Danno and Newt were arguing about something. Brings back memories. Edited by dkjretired

[quote name='upwarduk']The Normandie restaurant on Summit and SS United States restaurant on Infinity are to be replaced by "Tuscan Grill".
Movies under the stars to be put aft of deck 12.

See post 165 for the video announcement.[/QUOTE]

Are they also renovating the cabins? We went last year on the Summit and the cabins are very outdated, they need some renovations, in our bathroom was a burnmark from a sigaret in the sink, so i think these rooms where never renovated from the time still aloud to smoke in the room, was't this a long time ago?
I am not going to sail on Summit again unless they do the cabins.

Sheba :)

[quote name='dkjretired']

I also found one thread which you might find funny, Danno and Newt were arguing about something. Brings back memories.[/QUOTE]
I can't believe that;). I miss those days. Danno always had a sharp, but pretty accurate take on most things.

Phil Edited by excitedofharpenden

[quote name='sheba2008']Are they also renovating the cabins? We went last year on the Summit and the cabins are very outdated, they need some renovations, in our bathroom was a burnmark from a sigaret in the sink, so i think these rooms where never renovated from the time still aloud to smoke in the room, was't this a long time ago?

Sheba :)[/quote]
\

Not only are Summit's cabins still outdated, two of the mid ship elevators were broken. We just got off a 14 nite cruise mid Sept and one elevator never worked the entire trip. The one next to it, sometimes ran, sometimes started then stopped about two feet up and opened the doors. Once the doors closed, it went down the two feet and opened. Did it again, then when it got to deck 8 said it was deck 10 and reversed down. Other times it shot right past pushed floors. :eek:

So I hope the refurb fixes them too! Edited by ChucktownSteve

[quote name='excitedofharpenden']I can't believe that;). I miss those days. Danno always had a sharp, but pretty accurate take on most things.

Phil[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly Danno stopped sailing cruise ships when Century came out because it was too big. He also got his own boat so did his own sailing.

[quote name='dkjretired']If I remember correctly Danno stopped sailing cruise ships when Century came out because it was too big. He also got his own boat so did his own sailing.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he sent me a picture of his sail boat. It looked very smart and was Celebrity blue and white:cool:

Phil

[quote name='dkjretired']Phil:

I checked back and you are correct, the only alternative dining they had on Zenith and Horizon was the casual dining in the buffet area. It wasn't your brain but mine.

I went to old threads to check this out and found threads about nickel and dining and a whole slew of current complaints. This was as far back as 2004, a poster started a thread on nickel and dining and his major complaint was the $2.00 for the casual dining.

I also found one thread which you might find funny, Danno and Newt were arguing about something. Brings back memories.[/QUOTE]

Danno & Newt.....back in the days where bitchin', moanin', & snark was in the minority. Except for the dress code threads!:roll eyes: At least now, its just a sticky.

[quote name='sheba2008'][B]Are they also renovating the cabins? [/B] We went last year on the Summit and the cabins are very outdated, they need some renovations, in our bathroom was a burnmark from a sigaret in the sink, so i think these rooms where never renovated from the time still aloud to smoke in the room, was't this a long time ago?

Sheba :)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"]I'd like to know that too. Does anyone know what will be done during the refurbishment other than changing some of the alternative dining?[/SIZE]

I'd like to know that too. Does anyone know what will be done during the refurbishment other than changing some of the alternative dining?

You probably will not get an idea until the first ship is about to come out of dryadic. The announcement this week gave the highlights, usually they put out a press release around when the ship is finished with a drydock.

For further information on what "Ambassadors" do, this comes from the Needle website:

Welcome to Needle!

Needle has partnered with several internet retailers to provide shoppers with live product expertise from fans like you who know and use their products.

If selected, you will:

• Chat online with customers and help them find the right products
  • Set your own schedule, work as a 1099 contractor
  • Be compensated with cash, plus earn points to redeem for cool products

Apply Now!

This site will answer any questions about how cle-guy gets compensated for his time.

It appears as if NCL also uses them. Are they really unbiased when you speak with them, that is for your to decide.

I'd like to know that too. Does anyone know what will be done during the refurbishment other than changing some of the alternative dining?

I agree with Don.....unless Celebrity puts another Press Release there

in no way anyone on here can tell you what/if anything extra is going

to be to the ship while she is in dry dock.

I agree with Don.....unless Celebrity puts another Press Release there

in no way anyone on here can tell you what/if anything extra is going

to be to the ship while she is in dry dock.

They say they are remodeling the penthouse and royal suite. New furniture, new marble and the suites are said to be getting new carpet and bed linens.

The most important and I am sure everyone is excited about a new portrait studio.

New furniture and new floors in the Solarium. Refinish the Solarium pool and refresh the finishes in the Aqua Spa.