"Some amazing changes coming to Celebrity fleet" announcement mid-week this week!

days@sea

I heard though the grapevine "some amazing changes to Celebrity fleet" being announced middle of this week!

I'm excited to hear.:D

Any guesses? :confused:

My guess would be that after the Azamara twins are stripped to the metal and totally modernized (early 2016), they will join the Celebrity fleet. I HOPE this is the case. ;)

I heard though the grapevine "some amazing changes to Celebrity fleet" being announced middle of this week!

My guess would be that after the Azamara twins are stripped to the metal and totally modernized (early 2016), they will join the Celebrity fleet. I HOPE this is the case. ;)

Yikes... I know Azamara is expanding.. but not in that way :eek:

CC

The Infinity is scheduled for refurb later this month and the other M-Class ships are to follow in short order. From what we have been reading, some big changes to venues are expected. An announcement this week could be surrounding this.

What grapevine?

nothing they have done recently has been very amazing

hope it is not the turning of the better specialty restaurants into Tuscan....

We were also told on Summit that some changes would soon be announced, specifically to Infinity that goes into dry dock this month. This was from a source in position to know.

I assume it is M-class changes, but who knows.

I'm very happy Summit is to get a refurb.... Captain Kate will do her proud.

While on Summit in May we were told she is to go for refurb in January. I only hope they get rid of Qsine. Hate that one. LOVE Silk Harvest and Tuscan but, that being said, the one on Silhouette was terrible. First bad experience we've had in many, many years.

Maybe we'll also get a "hint" about the new-builds????? Hope so.

We sail Summit in June and Eclipse in April so here's hoping.

Pat C

My guess, formal announcement that VOOM! Internet is rolling out fleet wide.

I've read elsewhere its been discussed that all ships should have it by feb. Maybe this is a formal announcement....

This would be good, and probably Tuscan replacing SS US in Infinity, plus all the usual "new linens, carpet, etc"

Yeah for me, we sail on Infinity in early December :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

My guess, formal announcement that VOOM! Internet is rolling out fleet wide.

I've read elsewhere its been discussed that all ships should have it by feb. Maybe this is a formal announcement....

I hope so too, along with the new pricing structure like on RCCL (unlimited internet for two devices for $150 and change per week).

Wouldn't hurt to get the new pricing right away, we're sailing in three weeks... ;)

OK, some of the M class could do with a bit of a livener and my vote would be as Constellation with a Tuscan and an Ocean Liners and get rid of Q'sine but all in all I love the product.

Evolution, tweeking to improve, is great but all too often the whole ethos of either a cruise or a hotel or a restaurant can disappear under the guise of 'improving' or 'keeping up with the latest trends'. I hope Celebrity avoids this.

I like the fact that we can cruise one line and choose from two different ship styles, hopefully the new product will have the ethos of the other ships with a few new surprises of its own.

Looking forward to the announcements, but don't change too much, please!

What does it mean to go for "refurb"? We're supposed to be on Summit beginning January 30. Is there a chance we may get cancelled? I've continued checking rates for our cruise and as of a couple of weeks ago, it looked like only inside cabins were available - now I see cabins in all classes available (except veranda).

While on Summit in May we were told she is to go for refurb in January. I only hope they get rid of Qsine. Hate that one. LOVE Silk Harvest and Tuscan but, that being said, the one on Silhouette was terrible. First bad experience we've had in many, many years.

Pat C

The sell it to Carnival ? LOL

Pat C

We sail on Summit Feb. 13, 2016. Was hoping she went into refurb before, but I don't think so- looks like she has sailings all thru Jan.

Check out Arno's new ship itinerary thread. He has all the sailings for all the ships in easy to read tables. Fantastic!

Thanks,