"Some amazing changes coming to Celebrity fleet" announcement mid-week this week!

days@sea

I have it on good authority that they've listened to the calls for launderettes on board.

They will be removing some furniture from the solarium and putting in a bank of washing machines and tumble driers.

But what's "hold on to your seat amazing" about VOOM coming to the entire fleet?

well, VOOM internet is FAST ... so you have to hold your seat when going fast....

If one relies on internet when traveling, an announcement about adding VOOM would be awesome. Also it's about 1/3 the cost of current X internet based on pricing on RCL ships. RCL charges $15 a day, X is at $54 or $59 per day unlimited with its current slow, often unreliable system. I find that amazing.

Edited by cle-guy

I have it on good authority that they've listened to the calls for launderettes on board.

They will be removing some furniture from the solarium and putting in a bank of washing machines and tumble driers.

Om M class, they don't need the washing machines though, because they will just use the T pools to wash. But the dryers will still be required.

We've sailed on 3 r class ships , on Azamara, Oceania and Princess, & we thought they were elegant & classicly beautiful. If they have become run down, then modernization is appropriate. IMHO the only negative was that the veranda cabins & bathrooms were a little small. If you want alot of glitz and activities, these ships are not for you. On the otherhand, if you want great personalized service, less waiting lines, better food and the ability to see pax again, a smaller ship is fine.

Edited by dabear

Appreciate ALL of the fun and very interesting dreams, hopes and wishes for an "AMAZING" announcement from Celebrity. As always, it seems that Host Andy is on top of the issue.

Phones quickly answered, Internet service improved, website fixed, etc.?? Lots for Celebrity to focus upon for the future.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 123,080 views for this posting.

We've sailed on 3 r class ships , on Azamara, Oceania and Princess, & we thought they were elegant & classicly beautiful. If they have become run down, then modernization is appropriate. IMHO the only negative was that the veranda cabins & bathrooms were a little small. If you want alot of glitz and activities, these ships are not for you. On the otherhand, if you want great personalized service, less waiting lines, better food and the ability to see pax again, a smaller ship is fine.

Here's a link to the renderings of the new ships. Bathrooms look lovely.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/reimagine-azamara-see-the-renderings

How about including a reasonable beverage package (soft drinks, bottled water and standard brand liquors and drinks AND AT LEAST ONE DECENT RED WINE.LOL) plus gratuities in all fares. It is basically what all the goofy good, better, best and 1,2,3 type offers are all about. Just calculate those into all fares. Sure there will be people who don't drink but for them there would be a special opt out or OBC. Might look a bit higher when you book but it would be more like an all inclusive cruise and easier to budget for.

Just a crazy thought.

bosco

Do not think you will ever see the gratuities happen because the cruise line needs to show a low price for their advertisements to be competitive with NCL and the other similar lines.

Including a beverage package in all fares - you would have lots of pushback there as many do not drink alcoholic beverages or as in my case a beer at lunch and a couple of glasses of wine before and/or with dinner. The OBC - you can keep. I like a good red and have always been served one by the sommelier - usually not on any list, i do not look - that they served at no extra cost (when a bev package included). The number of non or very light drinkers I would think is about 1/2 the cruisers.

You are 100% correct that the promotions are way too complicated to the point where X employees give different answers on what is the "deal of the day".

Keep those thoughts coming. And let X know when on board!

How about including a reasonable beverage package (soft drinks, bottled water and standard brand liquors and drinks AND AT LEAST ONE DECENT RED WINE.LOL) plus gratuities in all fares. It is basically what all the goofy good, better, best and 1,2,3 type offers are all about. Just calculate those into all fares. Sure there will be people who don't drink but for them there would be a special opt out or OBC. Might look a bit higher when you book but it would be more like an all inclusive cruise and easier to budget for.

Just a crazy thought.

bosco

I am firmly in the "no" to including things I don't need in the cruise fare. Keep base fares as low as possible and give passengers the freedom to decide what to include. Fine if Celebrity wants to bundle certain options and create a savings so long as they don't require me to purchase. Disclosure: I already receive the Premium Drink Package as a loyalty perk, so forcing me to pay for a Classic Package in my base fare gives me less at a higher cost.

Thanks for the link. While the cabin sizes appear to be the same, the updates look fantastic.

A couple of the cabins on Quest (a veranda and a Club Continent Suite) have already been updated prior to the ship going into dry dock, I'm sure as a test bed. Really excited to see the other changes around the ship too. Thankfully Azamara listened to adverse comments posted about turning the aft outdoor eating area into an Asian Specialty restaurant in the evening.

A few pictures of the redone cabins:

http://cruisebuzz.net/2015/07/first-look-azamara-reimagined-suite/

Phil

I am firmly in the "no" to including things I don't need in the cruise fare. Keep base fares as low as possible and give passengers the freedom to decide what to include. Fine if Celebrity wants to bundle certain options and create a savings so long as they don't require me to purchase. Disclosure: I already receive the Premium Drink Package as a loyalty perk, so forcing me to pay for a Classic Package in my base fare gives me less at a higher cost.

No one would be forcing you to purchase a beverage package..."there would be a special opt out or OBC." So you could just opt out.

I am not and will not for a long time be in the Zenith benefits class with an included premium beverage package. For me and many, many other NON-ZENITH cruisers an included beverage plan in the initial price rather than in some silly good...1,2,3, promo's which have packages or perks built in would just be easier to book. We are all old enough to separate a pricing gimmick from a true discount or value.

I do not feel adding gratuities into the base cruise price should be included in "things I don't need in the cruise fare".

But to each his own and not everyone can be 100% happy with every decision ever made.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Maybe this is the big announcement? press release mentions 3 Celebrity ships along with the Royal ships:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/royal-caribbean-cruises-ltd-sails-into-the-future-with-intelligent-technology-from-insight-2015-10-07

To keep pace with the demands of a consumer-led, technology-driven society, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has introduced a fleet of "smartships" to give guests a vacation experience powered by intelligent technologies – including cocktail-mixing robots, RFID powered wristbands and mobile apps.

Doesn't all that stuff already exist on RCI ships?

Maybe this is the big announcement? press release mentions 3 Celebrity ships along with the Royal ships:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/royal-caribbean-cruises-ltd-sails-into-the-future-with-intelligent-technology-from-insight-2015-10-07

Thanks of the link!

Article indicates:

• Eclipse
  • Reflection
  • Sillie

Are getting the upgraded service first. No timeline was noted.