"Some amazing changes coming to Celebrity fleet" announcement mid-week this week!

days@sea

Just got this email from RCCL ???? BIG NEWS ???

http://mail.twc.com/do/mail/message/view?msgId=INBOXDELIM92245

bosco

this is a link to your email box, which requires us to sign on.

Can you provide your user ID and password please? :D

Odd thing it autofilled my roadrunner email address from 2004 I had for 3 years somehow... very odd.

Edited by cle-guy

But the e-mail is from RCCL and mentions Royal Caribbean not Celebrity.

Where's Celebrity announcement?

Like Chinese whispers or the telephone game in the United States, messages heard on the "grapevine" can be a bit (LOL) different than what they actually are.

Just a thought.

bosco

Like Chinese whispers or the telephone game in the United States, messages heard on the "grapevine" can be a bit (LOL) different than what they actually are.

Just a thought.

bosco

But it is not the fault of those who are passing it on to us on this board, I certainly hope that people continue to report these rumors, etc. Celebrity's rumor mill has been horrible for years going back to when the Century was supposed to be stretched many years ago. The OP was very careful in his wording, the word "Amazing" was supplied by Celebrity. Don't shoot the messenger.

But it is not the fault of those who are passing it on to us on this board, I certainly hope that people continue to report these rumors, etc. Celebrity's rumor mill has been horrible for years going back to when the Century was supposed to be stretched many years ago. The OP was very careful in his wording, the word "Amazing" was supplied by Celebrity. Don't shoot the messenger.

No argument here. Love rumors because many times where there is smoke there's fire.

bosco

Thank you djkretired! Exactly was my point, Not My Words, but those of someone at Celebrity who's official business it is to distribute the news.

I couldn't have been more clear, but as I have learned my lesson with this thread, people will read only what they want and then flame you for it.

Now please Celebrity, come on with this news and "excite" us all. (I hope :eek: )

Now please Celebrity, come on with this news and "excite" us all. (I hope :eek: )

People stare down a darkened subway tunnel in hopes it will speed up the next trains arrival.

It doesn't help.... It will come and I also hope it will "excite" us all..

Maybe a new Chef or an old one from the past...

bosco

What would be a great announcement would be bringing back Michel Roux as the executive chef for the cruise line. When he was in charge MDR meals were equivalent or better in terms of service and food to any of Celebrity's current specialty restaurants.

Now that would be AMAZINGLY GOOD NEWS!

Also a return to a better grade of live music on board!

Don't laugh' date=' but Regent has a box of reading glasses on a table near the menus at the MDR entry[/quote']

DW and I were invited to a dinner at Murano with Captain and some Senior Officers. Captain forgot his reading glasses so the Asst. Maitre 'd brought a box of reading glasses so he could select a pair. Turned out he used my DW's glasses.

On a related note: The waiter passed out the special menu and forgot to offer one to the Captain. I was about to mention the oversight to the Waiter, but the Captain told me not to say anything since he wanted to see how long it took for the waiter to recognize the mistake.i

Best and most memorable dinner ever experienced on any ship!!!!

What would be a great announcement would be bringing back Michel Roux as the executive chef for the cruise line. When he was in charge MDR meals were equivalent or better in terms of service and food to any of Celebrity's current specialty restaurants.

Now THAT would be an amazing announcement!

But don't hold your breath.

While on Summit in May we were told she is to go for refurb in January. I only hope they get rid of Qsine. Hate that one. LOVE Silk Harvest and Tuscan but, that being said, the one on Silhouette was terrible. First bad experience we've had in many, many years.

Maybe we'll also get a "hint" about the new-builds????? Hope so.

We sail Summit in June and Eclipse in April so here's hoping.

Pat C

We really enjoy Qsine- and dislike Silk Harvest- Would be nice to add a deck and put in a lawn grill- and the porch- but not sure if that would happen! Tuscan grill is beautiful, but the steaks were very thin and fatty on most of the ships. The pasta was very good.

Kind of like the BBB fiasco.

Fiasco? It is a good deal for many itineraries and circumstances. One just needs to do the math. Sometimes one comes out only a few cents ahead....

Here's my calculator to show when it makes sense and how to do the math. If I could post excel, you can plug numbers, but for this just have to handwrite figures and add it all up.

BBB Pricing.pdf

Fiasco? It is a good deal for many itineraries and circumstances. One just needs to do the math. Sometimes one comes out only a few cents ahead....

Here's my calculator to show when it makes sense and how to do the math. If I could post excel, you can plug numbers, but for this just have to handwrite figures and add it all up.

Yes, fiasco. Smoke & mirrors.

It depends what you are comparing it to. If you've only been around for the last couple of years, it probably seems OK.

Yes, fiasco. Smoke & mirrors.

If you believe in rhetoric. It's just arithmetic. It may not be a good deal for anyone who doesn't value internet, but if you do then it does become a good deal quite easily in many circumstances, especially the Better option.

It depends what you are comparing it to. If you've only been around for the last couple of years, it probably seems OK.

it has nothing to do with timing really does it? Unless you are theorizing that cabins fares are up to cover this, Which in general over time, according to price tracking websites, that argument doesn't hold water at least since 2011 forward.

It's all math. If I will buy a drink package I know its value. If I will use internet I know its value. I know the value of $300 OBC and of paying my grasts.

I can a-la-carte and not use the promo, or I can use the promo and save some money, maybe only a few bux, but its a few bucks.

TO anyone who finds no value in a drink package, then it makes no sense. But many people find savings in the program.

Edited by cle-guy

Now THAT would be an amazing announcement!

But don't hold your breath.

Agreed Rich - I cant see any scenario where that happens, especially as Chef Roux was incredibly dedicated to making the dining experience nothing short of phenomenal. His lofty standards would probably require a huge increase in X's culinary budget. While the cuisine on Celebrity remains far better than their competition, and, for the most part we're happy... I think it's reasonably safe to say that the current MDR cuisine is not where it was when Chef Roux was in charge.

Agreed Rich - I cant see any scenario where that happens, especially as Chef Roux was incredibly dedicated to making the dining experience nothing short of phenomenal. His lofty standards would probably require a huge increase in X's culinary budget. While the cuisine on Celebrity remains far better than their competition, and, for the most part we're happy... I think it's reasonably safe to say that the current MDR cuisine is not where it was when Chef Roux was in charge.

totally agree regarding the food comment!!!