Current Concierges continued discussion

I noticed that Sucel was to depart the Adventure this past August. I assume that the vacationing Leroy D. is currently the Suite’s Concierge as he is shown on vacation. Does anyone know if he is expected to be there for November/December 2019?

Thanks!

On 10/9/2019 at 3:26 AM, MichellePerth said:

I don't know how to edit the spreadsheet or if I should.  

Ken degrace has shifted from d to c lounge on radiance as of today, 9 October 2019

Michelle -- The Google Doc can only be edited by me or my co's.  We had it open for editing but people posted obscene things or wrong information.  

Will be doing a big update 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 9:18 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Michelle -- The Google Doc can only be edited by me or my co's.  We had it open for editing but people posted obscene things or wrong information.  

Will be doing a big update 

Thank u Sherri.

Obscene comments.... horrible people. Too bad u can’t figure who did it get them removed from CC.

18 hours ago, outtoseacruise said:

They are both great and go above and beyond.

Thanks!  I don't book full suites on short cruises...and love the DL on Mariner anyway (I think it has a more cozy layout 😉 ).  Thanks for the update on Leo...will be nice to meet him in January.  🙂 

On 11/4/2019 at 10:15 AM, BEENSAILING said:

Thank u Sherri.

Obscene comments.... horrible people. Too bad u can’t figure who did it get them removed from CC.

Thanks for your kind words.  At least we can keep the Google Doc information under control and organized.  

On 11/5/2019 at 8:50 AM, island lady said:

Thanks!  I don't book full suites on short cruises...and love the DL on Mariner anyway (I think it has a more cozy layout 😉 ).  Thanks for the update on Leo...will be nice to meet him in January.  🙂 

Pat -- we're on MA a week from Monday 11-18-2019 so will let you know about Leo.  I did do a Royal Up for the minimum for a GS but haven't heard anything. Tao, who is in the SL, was fabulous on our May MA cruise so it looks like we are good either way.  A friend was sailing last week for the 4 night last week and the DL and Overflow in the Viking Crown was very crowded early in the evening.  I emailed Tao and he said that after "rush hour," it was much quieter as people went to First Seating (now 5:30 with Late seating set for 8 PM).  As you know, early seating is hot out of Port C.  

Just booked the 11-18 MA at the last minute -- basically a makeup for Hurricane Dorian making us accept RCCL's compensation offer to cancel our 9-1-2019 HM cruise.  We could not have even done the abbreviated 3 nighter as the tropical storm hit Port C and then SC so it would have been treacherous to drive through.  We are sailing on HM on 1-12-2020 so finally will be able to check out HM.  

On 11/6/2019 at 4:27 PM, Scotty G said:

On Harmony just now and the Diamond Concierge is Gavin Barbosa. He is relatively new and is doing a magnificent job!

Good to hear.  My friends who are sailing on 1-17-2019 emailed with some requests and Gavin answered them right away!!  We and they are impressed.

10 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Pat -- we're on MA a week from Monday 11-18-2019 so will let you know about Leo.  I did do a Royal Up for the minimum for a GS but haven't heard anything. Tao, who is in the SL, was fabulous on our May MA cruise so it looks like we are good either way.  A friend was sailing last week for the 4 night last week and the DL and Overflow in the Viking Crown was very crowded early in the evening.  I emailed Tao and he said that after "rush hour," it was much quieter as people went to First Seating (now 5:30 with Late seating set for 8 PM).  As you know, early seating is hot out of Port C.  

Just booked the 11-18 MA at the last minute -- basically a makeup for Hurricane Dorian making us accept RCCL's compensation offer to cancel our 9-1-2019 HM cruise.  We could not have even done the abbreviated 3 nighter as the tropical storm hit Port C and then SC so it would have been treacherous to drive through.  We are sailing on HM on 1-12-2020 so finally will be able to check out HM.  

Nice way to to make up!  We really like the Mariner...wish it did week long cruises...and bring something in for the 3/4 night.  Sigh..in a perfect Island Lady world.  😉 

Yes, we adore Tao, and now looking forward to meeting Leo as well.  

We always wait to go into the lounges on all the ships until about 10-15 minutes after first seating dining time.  Pretty easy to find seats then.  We also enjoyed some time at the bar overflow of the DL.  

We are on Harmony next month, 12/8 cruise.  Will also be our first time on that ship.  Will give you update on SL and DL concierges.  

I had posted about Adventure a while back and didn’t see a response but to be honest there could have been one and I missed it (and I apologize if I did). I lost my mother less than a week ago and my world is a true blur. For the first time in my life since I was taken on my first cruise as a little girl on the SS Emerald Seas (my parents were frequent cruisers very early one), I am having a very hard time feeling excitement about our upcoming sailing. When most of us book cruises so far out, I am sure many people have faced similar situations.

If there isn’t anyone who has verified that Leroy D’Souza is the Adventure Suite Concierge ( concierge listed first was scheduled to leave the ship in August), does anyone have any experience with Leroy? It is nice to know what to expect 😊 Thank you so much.

Edited by AlohaLivin

12 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

I had posted about Adventure a while back and didn’t see a response but to be honest there could have been one and I missed it (and I apologize if I did). I lost my mother less than a week ago and my world is a true blur. For the first time in my life since I was taken on my first cruise as a little girl on the SS Emerald Seas (my parents were frequent cruisers very early one), I am having a very hard time feeling excitement about our upcoming sailing. When most of us book cruises so far out, I am sure many people have faced similar situations.

If there isn’t anyone who has verified that Leroy D’Souza is the Adventure Suite Concierge ( concierge listed first was scheduled to leave the ship in August), does anyone have any experience with Leroy? It is nice to know what to expect 😊 Thank you so much.

I just got off the Adventure and Sucel is in the SL. She is wonderful. I didn’t ask her leave date. I met the DL concierge but didn’t get his name. He was very personable. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

I just got off the Adventure and Sucel is in the SL. She is wonderful. I didn’t ask her leave date. I met the DL concierge but didn’t get his name. He was very personable. 

Thank you so much for your assistance. Hopefully then that will be the one who remains there during our next voyage. 😄

On 11/9/2019 at 2:40 AM, SherriZ366 said:

I've partially updated the Google Doc and will finish it up in the next few days.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=1209646832

Thanks for posting this

Disappointing to read that Mi Hee (spelling) has left the Diamond Lounge, she was lovely

2 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

@SherriZ366  update - Rafael Soares is the current suite concierge on Adventure (since @scorpluvsdolphins reported that Sucel was there very recently, this must have been a very recent change).  

I got off the ship on 11/9/19 and Sucel was the suite concierge. 

Edited by scorpluvsdolphins
Wrong date

4 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

I got off the ship on 11/9/19 and Sucel was the suite concierge. 

6 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

@SherriZ366  update - Rafael Soares is the current suite concierge on Adventure (since @scorpluvsdolphins reported that Sucel was there very recently, this must have been a very recent change).  

Just off Adventure as well. Rafael is in DL. He is the best!!!