Current Concierges continued discussion

7 minutes ago, st5310 said:

Royal should attempt to streamline and simplify this SL and DL thing so there is clarity as to who is allowed where. There is too much confusion.

It seems like RCI lives on the fact that many of their policies are ambiguous. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It seems like RCI lives on the fact that many of their policies are ambiguous. 

Indeed.  Probably true for many cruise lines.  I get the sense that Royal never anticipated there would be so many Diamonds and Diamond Pluses.  Even the number of Pinnacles is increasing.  They are evidently weighted down by their own success.

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

Although technically Suite passenger that are not Diamond or above are not included,  I doubt any Concierge would ask them to leave.  There would be no plus side to doing that.  

IMHO I would never feel good about being in a venue that I knew I had no right to be in.   It's sad how many requests are made to the concierges in the DL/CL/SL  that puts them in an uncomfortable position.  

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

IMHO I would never feel good about being in a venue that I knew I had no right to be in.   It's sad how many requests are made to the concierges in the DL/CL/SL  that puts them in an uncomfortable position.  

Agreed, as long as one actually knows this.  I suspect many people do not. 

1 hour ago, st5310 said:

Indeed.  Probably true for many cruise lines.  I get the sense that Royal never anticipated there would be so many Diamonds and Diamond Pluses.  Even the number of Pinnacles is increasing.  They are evidently weighted down by their own success.

You are correct, the success of the program has caused capacity problems in the lounges.  

On our last 10 cruises the fewest number of Pinnacles has been 43.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, st5310 said:

All good accurate replies here.  I'll just add that I always sail in a Grand Suite.  I've not been on Symphony, but IMO, the Grand Suite is the best of all the suites in terms of value.  Great layout, plenty of space, dual sinks, and all the basic perks: full access to suite and diamond lounges, priority embark, access to Coastal Kitchen, and on the Symphony should include internet service.  And the cost does not break the bank.  In most cases anything larger you're paying mostly for just a few extra square feet.  If you're raising the bar here, you may have an issue dropping back to a lower category next time!  My next cruise isn't until December, so I'm really jealous!!  And yes, we'll have a Grand Suite (Anthem).  Enjoy.

Thank you all for you comments.  I'm taking my mother, grand daughter and niece on their first cruise and thought I would "spoil" them. I think you maybe right its going to be tough to drop back down to an inside....

17 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

You are correct, the success of the program has caused capacity problems in the lounges.  

That's a lot of Pinnacles!  I have noticed a marked increase as more ships come on line and more people opt for cruises.  I wonder if Royal considers this to be an actual problem; it's one of those good problems to have, I suppose.  Means lots of customers are returning to use the product.  It's every company's dream!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, b&s4cruisin said:

Thank you all for you comments.  I'm taking my mother, grand daughter and niece on their first cruise and thought I would "spoil" them. I think you maybe right its going to be tough to drop back down to an inside....

I compared taking my first transatlantic flight in business class to sailing for the first time in a balcony cabin:  I haven’t been able to go back in either case.  Fortunately I’m still able to make myself fly coach on domestic flights!  I’ve  avoided suites so far for that reason.  🙄

Edited by Amy1118

On 7/31/2019 at 12:36 PM, Blizzard54 said:

I noticed on the spreadsheet a reference on the Adventure of a "Golden Concierge"  

I have never seen or heard of this position.  Any ideas as to what it is?

If you are referring to Andrea, she used to be a concierge on the Voyager which was

doing Asia.  They have a team of concierges on the Asian sailings and they are called

"Golden Concierge".  

She is now in the suite lounge on the Navigator. 

23 hours ago, st5310 said:

That's a lot of Pinnacles!  I have noticed a marked increase as more ships come on line and more people opt for cruises.  I wonder if Royal considers this to be an actual problem; it's one of those good problems to have, I suppose.  Means lots of customers are returning to use the product.  It's every company's dream!

The last time I was on Oasis, there were only 11 Pinnies.  

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:50 PM, Blizzard54 said:

A contributing factor to overcrowded lounges is the fact that many enter early and hang there for hours, literally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DShock said:

A contributing factor to overcrowded lounges is the fact that many enter early and hang there for hours, literally.

Maybe so -- I've seen the same thing in the bars.  As far as I know, Royal has not put a time restriction on use of the DL, CL, and SL. Just because I typically go to the lounge for an hour or so does not mean I wouldn't want to occasionally visit with friends there for longer. 🙂

5 hours ago, DShock said:

You are correct.  There are some that will enter an hour before cocktails begin and stay until they end.  We generally to not arrive until after the some of the first wave head to early dinner.  Since we have a choice we generally go to the less crowded lounge. 

3 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

You are correct.  There are some that will enter an hour before cocktails begin and stay until they end.  We generally to not arrive until after the some of the first wave head to early dinner.  Since we have a choice we generally go to the less crowded lounge. 

We use to really enjoy the Diamond lounge, enjoyed going in and getting a coffee in the morning, etc.  Going in and having a drink or two before dinner, spending maybe 45 minutes to an hour there total, using it as a meeting place for people we were going to dinner with. Now the "lounge hogs" (related to chair hogs around pools) stake out their ground and hold it so long you can't find a place to sit, so now we just avoid the D Lounge, opting for the Suite Lounge or one of the other bars on ships.  These are same people that also cannot figure out how to work the coffee machine!!

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 1:09 AM, CAT GIRL said:

Navigator -   Farrah is home for a family situation.  Grecia Guillen is in the Diamond Lounge

Andrea is still in the Suite Lounge

We had Grecia on Nav last Feb. She is AWESOME! We are not coffee drinkers. When I asked for iced tea, she made it happen every day

She was usually there all day long and into the early evening. Very approachable and worked the SL like a pro (because she is).

8 hours ago, CRUISEMAMI said:

Just back from Symphony:

Jackie Santos  and Willie Salaya are the SL concierges!

Raul is the Diamond Club concierge!

Jennie Pasamba went on vacation yesterday!

Thanks for getting this thread back on subject!  🙂