Accident On Tortola

ger_77

I received information from another site that an accident this morning claimed the lives of 2 passengers from the Celebrity Summit. Apparently a bus with approximately 20 passengers was traveling on the main road in Tortola (Garden Cane Road) when it overturned.

It goes on to say the several passengers have been treated and released, and that the Captain is at the hospital assisting 16 of the 20 guests who were on the bus.

How terrible - prayers for all those involved.

This is so sad. I was there twice in the past 4 months and a little nervous on both bus trips...I guess this could happen anywhere but it's just so scary and sad. Prayers for the families and everyone involved.

Well in September our bus was having difficulty making it up the hill and we got stuck...in November we faced a Land Rover driver(tourist) head on who missed us by inches as we came around a turn. It was not our drivers fault as the road was narrow and he honked to make him aware. Either way those roads are extremely narrow in certain spots which can be dangerous. I'm sure what happened today was a freak accident, but if it could be prevented in any way that would be ideal. Sometimes tourists who are unfamiliar rent these cars and are not used to the driving conditions that the locals are...just my thoughts.

I love Cane's Bay Beach, but the roads in Tortola are really very narrow.

I'm now living in a community where many people were on a Caribbean cruise and on a bus excursion when the bus turned over. Many fatalities from this community. It was years ago, but I recall reading about it before I moved here.

Such sad news.