No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Is it on your invoice of included amenities? If it is then you should still get it!

My wife and I just completed a cruise in Aqua class. Still not home. We were very surprised as well as most Aqua Class cruisers about the elimination of bottled water. To most people, it made no difference whether they had the beverage package or not, the were mad. I complained directly to two senior Officers on board. Celebrity is in the business to make money and keep the Royal Caribbean shareholders and Executives / board members happy. All the little cuts add up for the average cruiser. My wife and I already had 3 more Aqua bookings in the future not aware of this new policy. I know some of you could care less, but I believe most of us are not happy with the direction Celebrity's continued cuts have on our cruise experience. You should let Celebrity Executives know how you as a customer feel. Im not for bashing anyone. Constructively let them know you and many other customers are dissatisfied.

We, too, have two more AQ cruises booked.

Did we really make use of the bottles on our previous 4 AQ cruises? No, not really.

Could we just get them for free anyway because of the beverage package? Yes, we could.

So it really wouldn´t make a difference for us... and yet we think it´s just the idea of the cut that bothers us while paying a hefty price for the cruise.

However, we do have to realize that it will only bother existing customers. New customers will never know the difference...

I guess everyone can bring on a case of their own water if they do not have a beverage package. It is ridiculous of Celebrity to cut out the water as it probably costs them less than 10 cents a bottle. We have an Aqua class booking coming up with the premium beverage package. Having just sailed on RCL Anthem, we only received a bottle of water each for Diamond club status (Elite on Celebrity) and just filled it up daily.

I am a diabetic traveling in Aqua Class this April on a B2B TransAtlantic cruise.

I do not subscribe to the Beverage Package because I do not drink that much liquor. I do drink a lot of water and find those declare that it does not make much of difference selfish and self serving.

If I contract for a cruise at a certain level ie Aqua Class aren't they breaking the contract by offering you less. Next they will be charging to eat in Blu.

Getting close to the time someone should post that beating a dead horse image...

I spoke to a cruise planner in hopes of being connected to resolution dept or the correct dept...the rep was so patient and tried so hard to assist., She placed me on hold a few times in her efforts to locate the correct dept....each time see seemed as disappointed as I was when she reported she could not put me in tel contact with the right place

The water pull back is apparently a corporate dictate, and she suggested we try an e mail to

corporateguestrelations@rccl.com

I personally dislike doing business with an anonymous website but will give it a try as one last effort to secure the amenities I booked under for 3 of my 4 booked AQ Class cruises I wil report back and then move on ......

SADLY, IT APPEARS CELEB NOW DIFFERS FROM ROYAL IN NAME ONLY..and that is not a plus from our perspective!

Edited by hcat

There must be a better way to provide quality water without making and discarding millions of little plastic bottles. Not only do they use petroleum products to produce them, they fill our oceans with plastic flotsam. So whatever Celebrity's motivation, I think cutting down on plastic bottles is a good thing.

There must be a better way to provide quality water without making and discarding millions of little plastic bottles. Not only do they use petroleum products to produce them, they fill our oceans with plastic flotsam. So whatever Celebrity's motivation, I think cutting down on plastic bottles is a good thing.

Celebrity should be recycling those little plastic bottles as they have been for years. I am sure Celebrity is not tossing them overboard to cause plastic flotsam.

I am diabetic and need a quality water product on the ship. This is what was agreed upon. We do not have nor care to purchase a beverage package. This decision by Celebrity is leaving me in harm.

:

they fill our oceans with plastic flotsam. So whatever Celebrity's motivation, I think cutting down on plastic bottles is a good thing.

Are you suggesting that X throws the empty water bottles over the railing into the ocean? Or is it when all the glaciers melt due to global warming, water overflows the land fills and the empty bottles float to the ocean? :confused:

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We are booked on our first Trans-atlantic cruise next fall, in Aqua Class. It will be our 15th cruise, all on Celebrity and Azamara and first in Aqua Class. Now I'm just flat out disappointed. This seems so cheap, and beneath the quality we've come to expect from Celebrity.

Rest assured, X is not taking away the water bottles in Aqua Class because of some ecological sentiment. X is removing the water as another effort to boost the bottom line. Nothing more, nothing less.

If I had a future Aqua Class cabin booked, but final payment had not been paid, I'd just cancel it. If X doesn't care to meet it's stated list of perks, then I don't care to sail in Aqua Class.

I'd either book a far cheaper regular cabin, or find something better on another cruise line, preferably not RCCL owned.

I don't know whether anyone else noticed but ALL the complaints on Celebrity Facebook page about this issue have been removed. There were quite a few complaints which of course weren't answered and now they've vanished. Such a cowardly way to run a company if you can't deal with complaints properly. Incidentally the complaints about the change to evening chic are still there and they say they are 'listening ' !

I just received a call from Celebrity Customer Service about the email I sent to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com. The customer rep was very nice and said after he received my email that he had to investigate my concern since he had been unaware of the change. He told me he agreed with me completely and liked that my email was respectful but strong especially putting "modern luxury" in quotes. He had received one other phone call. He will forward up the line and spoke about how the chocolates were reinstated after a deluge of emails. I strongly urge everyone send an email. Here is the email that I sent.

Dear Celebrity,

I am very very disappointed to learn that you have discontinued providing daily water in your Aqua Class cabins. We have an AQ class cabin booked for 2017 and find this change upsetting, especially since there was no beverage package offering on our 2017 cruises. I believe that when you accept bookings, and our money advertising certain amenities that you should have to provide them. It is very sad that you continually downgrade the "modern luxury" experience. I doubt with the recent very high prices on your AQ cabins and the degradation of amenities that we will be booking AQ cabins in the future.

I don't know whether anyone else noticed but ALL the complaints on Celebrity Facebook page about this issue have been removed. There were quite a few complaints which of course weren't answered and now they've vanished. Such a cowardly way to run a company if you can't deal with complaints properly. Incidentally the complaints about the change to evening chic are still there and they say they are 'listening ' !

Sadly, this looks to be the new strategy that was utilized by the new VP of Digital.

I am not on FB...guess more posts needed. I will try both e mail addresses..

Hope nothing else is deleted from our AQ perks...like Persian Garden....

company is profitable so not getting why they are acting so cheapo!

Royal C as a model has really made Celebrity more mid range....with hi prices.

Defitely will mention this when we are on Equinox, won't be long now!

:

Are you suggesting that X throws the empty water bottles over the railing into the ocean? Or is it when all the glaciers melt due to global warming, water overflows the land fills and the empty bottles float to the ocean? :confused:

Cleaning my monitor

There really are so few perks for aqua class that this latest one, coupled with the removal of the sparkling wine (replaced by 2 small bottles of water) at embarcation weakens the offering just a bit more. Remember, on the M-class ships, you are dealing with sub prime locations for almost all the deck 9 aqua cabins in the first place...they are under a very large overhang and under the noisy 10th deck including the gym and pool. Aqua was cleverly created to sell those cabins...and convert them into extra profit. At this point, with all of the take aways including the mixed fruit bowl, the flowers, the daily water, the removal of the sparkling wine...the perks over concierge are essentially Blu (and for a very few, some spa privileges.

I had the pleasure of getting off the equinox today. We were in a 1A cabin (large balcony) and dined in select dining. Our last five cruises have been in aqua on the infinity and Millenium....so I have a good basis for comparing. We are, by the way, foodies....we enjoy well cooked, well seasoned foods of all types....and we enjoy good service by the waiters and wine stewards. The service and food we received in select dining on this cruise was far better than any of our recent M-class cruises. I was, frankly, shocked, but my wife agreed...and BTW, we booked three more cruises while on board...and, yes, all in 1A cabins which were at least $1000pp less than any aqua cabin. That's a lot of lost potential revenue to Celebrity. Oh, they'll fill the cabins, but one would think they would like to keep us in aqua. Forget suites...the price was almost double on all the cruises. For those prices, we would definitely not be on Celebrity.

So someone in Celebrity HQ is being penny wise and pound foolish...they are missing the forest and cutting down the trees. Is the water a show stopper...of course not...but the "total aqua class package" has been reduced to the point where one has to really question whether it has anything close to the $ value premium Celebrity wants to charge.

This entire thread is about water that costs celebrity at most $2.50 on a cruise per cabin. Doesn't seem like smart marketing to me....(and yes, I'm a stockholder as well).

Edited by ghstudio

Based on discussion with Aqua guests in the Equinox...I'm currently on board....the change is viewed as both petty and cheap. Celebrity really should rethink this change and quickly if the plan to try to keep the Aqua pricing premiums because other than blu, there's not much there....and actually blu service and food is very close to the mdr these days as waiters, wine stewards get stretched more and more.

My wife and I just completed a cruise in Aqua class. Still not home. We were very surprised as well as most Aqua Class cruisers about the elimination of bottled water. To most people, it made no difference whether they had the beverage package or not, the were mad. I complained directly to two senior Officers on board. Celebrity is in the business to make money and keep the Royal Caribbean shareholders and Executives / board members happy. All the little cuts add up for the average cruiser. My wife and I already had 3 more Aqua bookings in the future not aware of this new policy. I know some of you could care less, but I believe most of us are not happy with the direction Celebrity's continued cuts have on our cruise experience. You should let Celebrity Executives know how you as a customer feel. Im not for bashing anyone. Constructively let them know you and many other customers are dissatisfied.

I've been curious as how this elimination of a long-standing Aqua amenity was received current cruises. Thanks for posting.