Is Celebrity still offering great service and food?

DonRobertoSanJuan

We did 2 cruises with Celebrity, one Summit in the Caribbean and one Equinox Med. Both were great in service and food. Then we took 2 cruises with Royal, which were very disappointing. One was a disaster; the ship (Adventure) had technical problems and we did just float around the Caribbean, instead of following the itinerary. All they did for us, was give us $150 credit towards a next cruise. The other Royal cruise (Med) was below par as well with terrible port locations and mediocre food, unless you paid extra.

We are looking to book Infinity to S America, but someone told me the food quality at Celebrity had really gone down compared to a few years ago. Is Celebrity still offering great service and food?

We did 2 cruises with Celebrity, one Summit in the Caribbean and one Equinox Med. Both were great in service and food. Then we took 2 cruises with Royal, which were very disappointing. One was a disaster; the ship (Adventure) had technical problems and we did just float around the Caribbean, instead of following the itinerary. All they did for us, was give us $150 credit towards a next cruise. The other Royal cruise (Med) was below par as well with terrible port locations and mediocre food, unless you paid extra.

We are looking to book Infinity to S America, but someone told me the food quality at Celebrity had really gone down compared to a few years ago. Is Celebrity still offering great service and food?

We have don 9 X cruises and 4 on Infinity, including Around the Horn in 2014. We have not found a decline in service or food quality.

Around the Horn was one of our favorite cruises, we highly recommend it.

Here are some of our recent cc reviews:

Japan and a little bit of China

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Singapore to Dubai

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

South America

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=248878

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=94024

Black Sea and E. Med

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=228545

We have had 4 cruises in the last coupl of years, all superb! We have 4 more booked, last one confirmed today! Can't wait.

Like you our last few on RCCL were disappointing. I can honestly say our last few cruises with X have been magical!

We have been on Infinity, Millenium and Solstice. We are foodies and we've never been disappointed in food or service. Next trip will be on Infinity May 2016 for an 11 night Pacific Coastal. Very excited to see the changes on this ship!:)

Food is certainly subjective, but the food on X is always VERY GOOD. Celebrity is not a premium cruiseline and the food is in the top quarter of similar lines. Am sure some would disagree. Celebrity buffet is wonderful compared to RC where we often walked away without selecting anything. Again just our opinion after 2 RC and 11 X cruises.

Sorry you had a poor cruise on RC, but you cannot blame them for the ports. Only so many places to dock a ship and we do not want to tender unless absolutely necessary.

Currently on the equinox and am thrilled to report that the food is very good in Mr and buffet if you get the made to order Italian of chinese...hamburgers at poolside also very good. We are very pleased in the MD even though we usually eat in blu

Have done 10 cruises in last 7 years. Two river cruises (ARosa and Avalon) and eight with Carnival, NCL and Celebrity. I have loved them all and the only disappointing one from a food standpoint was the ARosa Stella which catered to a mainly German clientele. (Too much pork and potatoes!).

On the Reflection last year I ate in the dining room mostly (no special restaurants) and found the food to be wonderful. The service (from check in, to cabin stewards, to wait staff) was exemplary.

Yes, I could find some small thing to criticize on every cruise but when I consider what I receive vs my expectations I am very happy with cruising in general and Celebrity in particular.

Despite all the shiny appointments and claims of luxury, mainstream cruising is a beer budget experience. For $1600 Canadian for example, I receive all the food I can eat, all the alcohol I can drink, 7 nights in a balcony cabin, the pleasant company of over 5,000 fellow passengers and crew, music, entertainment, gambling, interesting ports of call and breathtaking ocean views.

For the complainers who want haute cuisine, more exotic ports of call and slavish service might I suggest Seaborne or Crystal Cruises and the significant additional expense they charge.

Happy sailing,

HTP

The food and service is good on X and a good value for the price. The word great is a vast overstatement. If you reads enough posts you will see the food is not what it use to be and it was never as good as a good land based restaurant.

We are on the Silohuette right now and find the food in the main dining room to be acceptable. No way would it be mistaken for the food in restaurants we visit back home. The service seems to be awful slow in comparison to the service we got on RCL in October. We have a table for two and usually only have a salad, main course, and desert. We've been on for 10 days and even though we are there when they open the door, we haven't been out of there in less than 1 hour and 45 minutes. We mentioned something to the waiter and he blamed the kitchen. On RCL it was usually an hour to a hour and 15 minutes. One night we told him we had early plans and we were out in 50 minutes.

We were aboard the Eclipse a year ago and again last month, the quality is about the same but service standard have definitely fallen. The main MDR complaint from a lot of people was 'food being served COLD', probably due the shortage of serving staff.

I sailed on the Reflection, the Constellation, and then Liberty of the Seas this year. Food was consistent on the Celebrity sailings including Blu, the specialty restaurants, even the buffet and pool bar. I did not dine in the MDR, but friends said it was fine. My experience on Liberty of the Seas was very different. We once again chose specialty dining but we were disappointed in the two restaurants that were on the ship. Service was very good, the food just was not a Wow. The buffet was always very crowded, and the food was like mentioned above, school cafeteria style food. We still enjoyed the cruise, but did not look forward to the dinners like we do on the Celebrity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Currently on the equinox and am thrilled to report that the food is very good in Mr and buffet if you get the made to order Italian of chinese...hamburgers at poolside also very good. We are very pleased in the MD even though we usually eat in blu

We usually always visit the specialty restaurants...Didn't think we needed to do so on our 11/30/15 Equinox cruise...The food in MDR (and buffet) was wonderful.

Service best ever!

Just back from Constellation

Food was the worst we ever had within the last cruises...quality and quantity is going downhil in MDR.

On menue 1 course less - for guys new to X misleading

Steack in MDR more cooked than grilled

Sides more for show, not for eating...

p.e croquettes = 1 small piece

pumpkin cream = less than 1 soup spoon....

Is Celebrity still offering great service and food?

Sailed on 7 diff lines. Our first sailing with Celebrity was in 1994. We are just back from 10 days on the Equinox which the Wifester has said was her best cruise in 25 years.

IOHO, you betcha they are.

EW

Food was the worst we ever had within the last cruises...quality and quantity is going downhil in MDR.

I really hate to hear this. We are boarding the Constellation on Monday, and again in April for the TA. Oth, I am hoping not to gain weight so this may take care of it, lol :).

Sure am glad we've booked Connie for our first cruise with X! :(

We've mostly sailed with RC, and have found the food in the mdr acceptable, but I think we're a little burned out with the menu. I don't think we've ever had a bad meal though. Their steakhouse, Chops, has gone downhill, and on our last cruise we didn't even bother going.

We were looking forward to something different with Celebrity; new menus and maybe a step up in food and service. We'll be in a suite, so maybe we'll have a better experience in Luminae.

I really hate to hear this. We are boarding the Constellation on Monday, and again in April for the TA. Oth, I am hoping not to gain weight so this may take care of it, lol :).

Just off the Constellation one week ago.

CC cabin 8075

MTD usually at 5:45 each evening

Food in MDR was excellent including all the beef dishes we tried.

Cabin and ship a spot of wear and tear here and there but for the most part minimal.

Buffet although the same as usual dishes, they were always well prepared (especially the fish).

Staff was very good, stateroom steward needed to be reminded about one very minor issue.

Getting on and off the ship (fort Lauderdale) was pretty good (30 minutes to get on & about 30 to get off).

A few things like the pastries, croissants and desserts were not up to par at times but still passable.

Have a great cruise.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

That hasn't been our experience over the last 4 years, including twice on the Connie - our favorite Celebrity ship.

Did you ask the waiter to send the dishes back you didn't like and ask for something different? Did you ask for 4 or 5 or 6 bowls of pumpkin soup? The staff will bring you as many bowls as you want. One time, I asked for 4 shrimp cocktails appetizers as my entree. Not a problem. My wife ALWAYS asks for a side of mashed potatoes with her entree even when not on the menu. Not a problem. I guess the selection of 11 different entrees at each dinner is one too few for some people?

I just don't understand the nature of the complaints!