Which cruise rules do you make, and then break?

northernphoenix

To start packing suitcase, garment bag and sea trunk prior to my last evening on board - Doesn't work; I'm still packing my stuff at 2200-2300 hrs on the night prior to arrival. You'd think I'd learn by now :eek:

Tha raise an interesting question. Is departing staff luggage handled just like pax? IE must be out before 2 a.m., etc?

Tha raise an interesting question. Is departing staff luggage handled just like pax? IE must be out before 2 a.m., etc?

Happy New Year Spunk! Departing crew luggage is physically inspected by ship's Security (usually) at 2000 hrs (sometimes at 1900) the night prior to arrival in the ship's Marshaling Area. Then placed in a separate crew luggage bin(s) and collected on the pier the next morning by the crew member. For those with officer status, the inspection takes place on disembarkation day (early) morning in the gangway area upon arrival.

Happy New Year Spunk! Departing crew luggage is physically inspected by ship's Security (usually) at 2000 hrs (sometimes at 1900) the night prior to arrival in the ship's Marshaling Area. Then placed in a separate crew luggage bin(s) and collected on the pier the next morning by the crew member. For those with officer status, the inspection takes place on disembarkation day (early) morning in the gangway area upon arrival.

Happy 2016, Copper! Wish I was spending it along the banks of the Nieuwe Maas!

Cool. Never thought about those logistics. :)

I always promise myself that I will walk a few hours every day plus spend some time in the gym (on an eliptical). But I routinely break the promise and spend most of the time in a comfy deck chair (with my Kindle) with a morning Bloody Mary, afternoon beer, etc. My rationalization is that I am getting enough exercise just moving the glass from a table to lips :).

Hank

I decided not to eat any rolls/butter that are first placed on the table at dinner. Our assistant dining steward was beside himself, saying "Please Miss Karen, have a roll!" I did. Yummy rolls and butter are hard to resist.:)

Karen