Water in Checked Luggage?

KarenMF

You can, but if they see it on X-ray and suspect that it might be alcohol, your suitcase will not be delivered to your room and you will have to go fetch it yourself.

I agree; it would be better if you could carry it as hand luggage. They will probably hold your luggage till late in the afternoon/early evening if they think it is alcohol.

Mike

I'll take the risk because it will only be water. I'll take a bottle or two in my carry on as well, to tide me over in case there are any issues. My goal is to have water, not have to drag it around until I can get to my room and not pay crazy prices for it on the ship :D

I'll take the risk because it will only be water. I'll take a bottle or two in my carry on as well, to tide me over in case there are any issues. My goal is to have water, not have to drag it around until I can get to my room and not pay crazy prices for it on the ship :D

I have never heard of anyone, ever, having a case of water mistaken for a bottle of booze. I wonder if the people saying its a possibility have ever actually experienced, or been told, it happened.

We usually put it in a small suitcase and it's delivered to our room. Sometimes, if the case is wrapped well, we just tape a luggage tag to the case of water.

You can, but if they see it on X-ray and suspect that it might be alcohol, your suitcase will not be delivered to your room and you will have to go fetch it yourself.

We have been on 10 NCL cruises over the past 2 years and have always had water in our checked luggage with no problems at all.

I agree; it would be better if you could carry it as hand luggage. They will probably hold your luggage till late in the afternoon/early evening if they think it is alcohol.

Mike

We have been on 10 NCL cruises over the past 2 years and have always had water in our checked luggage with no problems at all.

I put a 12 pack of canned soda in a checked bag once. All of my other bags got to my room at 3, it didn't show up until about 9pm. Had a sticker on the side that said

"alcohol ". I guess they opened it up. The water will probably be ok, just don't put anything else in that bag that you would want right away.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I usually wrap a case of bottled water, and a case of 12oz diet coke in clear plastic stretch wrap. I make a photo copy of a couple of baggage tags put one in under the clear wrap, give the baggage handler a 20 and they end up in my cabin with the rest of my stuff. This has worked in both Miami for several years, and Tampa last year.;)

Is that tap water on board the ship really that awful that folks are packing it to bring on? I drink tap water at home and have always done so on board. If it did taste a bit funny, usually the cabin steward would refill our bottles with filtered water from his "kitchen" space.

Also is there not a chance some of the bottles get damaged in getting onto the ship and leaking onto other luggage?

Is that tap water on board the ship really that awful that folks are packing it to bring on? I drink tap water at home and have always done so on board. If it did taste a bit funny, usually the cabin steward would refill our bottles with filtered water from his "kitchen" space.

Also is there not a chance some of the bottles get damaged in getting onto the ship and leaking onto other luggage?

People have different levels of pickiness when it comes to tap water. If you usually drink it at home, you should be fine on the ship. That's is what I do for most of the week.

We do take a case on board, mainly for my husband. I use a couple of bottles during the week (taking to the pool or off the ship), often refilling them with tap water.

We've only sailed out of Miami, and we always just tape a luggage tag to the water and tip the porter. We've had no issues.