If you could choose one beef entree - which would it be (list included for reference)

batt01

OK - I'm not a big beef eater and will probably order it once during my 7 night cruise. What is your favorite of the following? I know it depends on preference, but what is yours? Any to stay away from, in your opinion?

Slow-Roasted Prime Rib

Carved Filet of Beef Tenderloin

Veal Scaloppine Oscar

Surf and Turf: Petit filet mignon, baked jumbo shrimp

Braised Beef Duo: short rib, beef shoulder

Aged Hand-Cut Manhattan Strip Steak (available every night)

OK - I'm not a big beef eater and will probably order it once during my 7 night cruise. What is your favorite of the following? I know it depends on preference, but what is yours? Any to stay away from, in your opinion?

Slow-Roasted Prime Rib

Veal Scaloppine Oscar

The petit filet I believe is no longer offered. Stay away from the strip steak offered every night...it can be hit or miss..mostly miss. We enjoy the carved beef tenderloin and that is one of the few nights we go to the MDR if at all.

Was on Brilliance in Dec.

Prime Rib was excellent, had it with the lobster tail as well.

The Strip was very good, I had it once and two others at our table of 6 had it several times. Everybody loved it.

The short rib is good.

I usually get the Chop's Filet in the MDR at a nominal extra cost. Cheaper than going to cChops.

Yes I eat a lot of Beef!

The petit filet I believe is no longer offered. Stay away from the strip steak offered every night...it can be hit or miss..mostly miss. We enjoy the carved beef tenderloin and that is one of the few nights we go to the MDR if at all.

We went with the strip steak usually, however when it didn't come out the way it was ordered or tough we would send it back.

I don't eat much beef at all but my husband says he's never had a bad piece of prime rib (and I can't believe how rare he eats it :eek:) and the beef filet is good, also.

If we go to Giovanni's, I do usually get the Osso Bucco, it is absolutely delicious!

Sherri:)

Slow-Roasted Prime Rib

Veal Scaloppine Oscar

Out of those choices I would take the Petit Filet Mignon if it was an option... My second pic would be the carved Filet of Beef Tenderloin :)

Was on Brilliance in Dec.

Prime Rib was excellent, had it with the lobster tail as well.

The Strip was very good, I had it once and two others at our table of 6 had it several times. Everybody loved it.

The short rib is good.

I usually get the Chop's Filet in the MDR at a nominal extra cost. Cheaper than going to cChops.

Yes I eat a lot of Beef!

Did the Chops filet in MDR on Brilliance. Was not impressed. Won't do that again. Chops is more about preparation and presentation, can't copy that in MDR. Not to mention the absence of the sides. ;)

I've stopped ordering the prime rib. It doesn't often resemble what I'd call a decent prime rib. Usually small, thin and bland.

The "carved filet" isn't bad. But it's not actually a true tenderloin filet. It's this:

http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/CMDocs/BIWFD/FactSheets/Petite_Tender.pdf

Where do you get that information? If they called it petite tender, then you'd probably be correct. It is described as tenderloin, and your claim would suggest that they're lying about what cut of meat it is.

Personally, though, I find the braised beef to be more flavorful than most "true" tenderloins, anyway. What makes a tenderloin cut prized is not that it is the most flavorful cut of beef, but that is generally the most tender.

Where do you get that information? If they called it petite tender, then you'd probably be correct. It is described as tenderloin, and your claim would suggest that they're lying about what cut of meat it is.

Personally, though, I find the braised beef to be more flavorful than most "true" tenderloins, anyway. What makes a tenderloin cut prized is not that it is the most flavorful cut of beef, but that is generally the most tender.

Actually, what makes a tenderloin is WHERE IT COMES FROM on the animal.

There is no way they are carving up true beef tenderloins for that dish for thousands of people. Period. I forget where I saw it, but what I posted is what they're serving. It's still a nice cut of beef and tasty, but it's not TENDERLOIN. Of course a braised meat is very flavorful, that's the whole purpose of preparing it that way:D:rolleyes: You do realize that many braised recipes use cuts that aren't "tender" and prime to begin with, but are turned into flavorful tender meats via the cooking process???? Oh by the way, comparing braised meat to "true" tenderloin is just plain silly. One is cooked for hours to make it tender and flavorful, the other is in most cases grilled for a few minutes...........

Edited by bouhunter