Are more available cabins released after final payment date?

jules815

I'll be sailing on Connie in March. This happens to be one of those "college" spring break weeks. I've been checking the cabins available almost daily, and although there were cabins available in every category, they looked like they were starting to sell.

I logged on today, and all of a sudden there are 9 Sky Suites available, a PH and CS have become available as well. Also, 12 of the Sweet 16 staterooms are available, and a few days ago there were only 4 or 5 left. Lots of rooms in every category.

Final payment was on the 14th. Is it possible that travel agencies could have had these rooms and released them back to Celebrity when they didn't sell? Is that how it works?

I am following a cruise that is very close to FPD. On the site I use, they are showing 25 available cabins in almost every balcony category. That indicates to me that there are lots more than that actually available. So yes, I wil be watching prices VERY closely as soon as FPD passes

I'll be sailing on Connie in March. This happens to be one of those "college" spring break weeks. I've been checking the cabins available almost daily, and although there were cabins available in every category, they looked like they were starting to sell.

I logged on today, and all of a sudden there are 9 Sky Suites available, a PH and CS have become available as well. Also, 12 of the Sweet 16 staterooms are available, and a few days ago there were only 4 or 5 left. Lots of rooms in every category.

Final payment was on the 14th. Is it possible that travel agencies could have had these rooms and released them back to Celebrity when they didn't sell? Is that how it works?

At final payment date Celebrity waits a day or two and then reassesses the open cabins. On a recent 13 day Med cruise Concierge cabins dropped from $2599 to $1699 in one big drop two days after final payment. Got to remember that US residents can get all their $$ back cancelling the day before final payment! Thus often lots of cabin =s open up at great deals.

I am following a cruise that is very close to FPD. On the site I use, they are showing 25 available cabins in almost every balcony category. That indicates to me that there are lots more than that actually available. So yes, I wil be watching prices VERY closely as soon as FPD passes

Just wondering, what site do you use to see what cabins are available??

What is FPD?

As of this morning there were still more than 40 available balcony/cc/aq cabins on the Eclipse 1/24 sailing. That's only 3 days before embarkation!!!! Prices don't appear to have dropped significantly. Appears that pricing is currently more important to X than occupancy.

That is really interesting... Are perks still included for these cabins or is it the cabin only? I am looking at Equinox cruise in the Med and hoping for a big price drop after final payment but we'll see how it goes this time...

Sorry, we're not allowed to say. However, I CAN say that the celebrity.co.uk site generally lists all available cabins. It's a bit more cumbersome to use than the site I prefer, but it's another alternative. No idea why UK customers can see all the available cabins and US customers generally get a choice of three or four

Edited by CathyCruises

As of this morning there were still more than 40 available balcony/cc/aq cabins on the Eclipse 1/24 sailing. That's only 3 days before embarkation!!!! Prices don't appear to have dropped significantly. Appears that pricing is currently more important to X than occupancy.

RCCL about a month ago came out with a press release saying they were no longer going to deeply discount cabin in the last month or maybe a bit less.

To the OPs question saying does Celebrity or any cruise line release more cabins after final payment date - easy NO. Those cabins come open because travel agents who have blocks of cabins either need to pay or release them back to the cruise line. People like us either pay and go or release our cabins. Thus the inventory frequently grows right after final payment date.

Same thing at lodging for say Yellowstone Park. A TA can "book" all the lodging they want and do not have to pay anything until usually 30 days out! That is why when you look at booking months ahead everything looks fully booked and about a month or two ahead there are lots of vacancies.

After final payment some will have cancelled so some become available.

The month before embarkation I check cabin availability & price DAILY. We sailed Connie 5 day the first week of March the last 2 years.

2 years ago I upgraded from Concierge to AQ for $20 each for the week--SCORE!

Last year we were originally booked OV Deck 2. VERY glad we upgraded--betting that was a spring breaker paradise down there. For NOTHING I upgraded the kids to OV Deck 6 & for $75 total I upgraded us to Sweet 16 balcony on Deck 6. Mom & Dad got Family Verandah for $150...SO wishing I had upgraded all 3 cabins to FV (they open up late if not booked--and several were available), these were so nice & big but the balcony is the BEST. All 7 of us hung out there a lot.

I tried to score an accessible room for the kids since 3 of them were sharing a room, but I checked a bit late one day & missed when they allow anyone to book an accessible. That is like 7-10 days prior.

Jules, no disrespect but I'm curious.

You have been a CC member for just shy of 10 years and have just shy of 6,000 posts. Don't you know the answer to your own questions?

Sorry, we're not allowed to say. However, I CAN say that the celebrity.co.uk site generally lists all available cabins. It's a bit more cumbersome to use than the site I prefer, but it's another alternative. No idea why UK customers can see all the available cabins and US customers generally get a choice of three or four

I checked the UK site today for the cruise I am following just out of curiosity. There are at least 216 veranda cabins still available, with final payment now five days away. A couple of the balcony categories showed exactly 50 available cabins, leading me to believe that that may be a max, and there may be even more open cabins. It will be interesting to see what happens to prices in the next two weeks. Right now I can get a balcony for $989, wonder how low they might go. . .

I think X plays" price game after final payment. Eclipse 4/3/16 2D price dropped 20% today. I didn't check other categories.

Last April 10 days on Equinox after final payment we got an upgrade from 2D to AQ for $50 more, giving up $200.00 OBC - was well worth it. It is all depends on how full or empty ship is...

Our April 2 TA on the Connie has a lot of cabins still unsold. It is past final payment. The prices have not dropped yet. The prices are up a little bit. I got a fantastic rate on my Deck 3 OV(3112)...$519pp, but, I MAY consider a balcony if the price is right. I keep checking. The lure of a balcony or a CC cabin is the extra CC points. However, I am looking forward to my OV cabin, so it will be a tough decision IF I have one to make.

Last year a week before sail date March 31 I think , I snagged a 5 night concierge on the Constellation for $299 . That was an awesome unexpected cruise I added before a b2b on the Silhouette , For that price had to book and go . Didn't like the spring break fiasco but for that price still enjoyed the cruise .

The Celebrity UK site does a much better job listing cabin availability. I'm not sure they list all available cabins but certainly more than the US site.