Whats the chance of getting a last minute cruise?

Someone else can confirm but I would say not as I believe the booking limit is 48 hours now.

Actually I have booked as late as 3pm the day before........but I think that is about the cutoff.........no real last minute bookings..

There many be some "empty" cabins due to people who couldn't get to the ship due to the storm, but that doesn't mean they can sell those cabins. Unless the person who holds the booking calls and cancels, that cabin "belongs" to them, and they still have the opportunity to catch up with the ship at its next port of call.

I live near Tampa. Oasis of the Seas is sailing tomorrow, probably with lots of empty cabins due to the snow conditions in the East.

Is it wishful thinking to think I could show up with a suitcase and passport and book a cabin tomorrow?

What a dream that would be.

Thanks.

Judy

no longer allowed in a post 9/11 world. you would have had to call and book earlier today. if not earlier. (48-72 hours out)

I live near Tampa. Oasis of the Seas is sailing tomorrow, probably with lots of empty cabins due to the snow conditions in the East.

Is it wishful thinking to think I could show up with a suitcase and passport and book a cabin tomorrow?

Thanks.

Judy

You can't just show up without a reservation but chances are you can get on. I'd be calling right away for availability

Let us know how you do.

I would start a thread for oasis tomorrow's sailing who's not making. They might be able todo name change. If no Insurance and no way to catch up with ship

They do name change for a fee instead of losing all there money.

you can't change names for everyone in any cabin

I would start a thread for oasis tomorrow's sailing who's not making. They might be able todo name change. If no Insurance and no way to catch up with ship

They do name change for a fee instead of losing all there money.

One of the original names must be on there and RCCL does not charge a name change fee.

Pre 9/11 my mother and I were involved in an airline strike, circa 1993. To make a very long story short, Royal Caribbean on the phone told us that if we can somehow make it to Miami, they could get us on a ship. Suffice it to say that when we did land in MIA I told the taxi driver to take us to the first Royal Caribbean ship he sees. We were the last people to board and when we got to the cabin we realised we didn't know where we were going!

The ship was 1/2 empty.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

no longer allowed in a post 9/11 world. you would have had to call and book earlier today. if not earlier. (48-72 hours out)

We've booked as close as 10am on the morning of departure, and this was post 9/11.

Is this more readily available at one port more than the other? I love that this is still an option

When we booked at 10am on the morning of departure, it happened when I lived in Miami and we had a hurricane go through the day before. I received a call directly from the cruise line that morning asking if we were interested in cruising that afternoon for $99, best cabin available! [emoji3][emoji106]🏼

I did go online just now after reading this thread and I found several sailings, mostly on Carnival, departing tomorrow from various ports including Galveston and Miami. Don't know if there's anything else available by calling.

Edited by Tapi

Thanks.

Judy

My father lives near Tampa. He does it all the time with all different cruise lines. Sometimes he gets lucky sometimes he doesnt.

Ok, hijacking the thread-----

I read the thread of the cruisers sailing this week ---it was either the Allure or Oasis.

One group from NY will join the cruise in progress in Jamaica.

Now......

So confused.

How will they fill out the regular paper work usually done at the check-in, and then get their sea pass card???

It must be easy or they would not do it.

Also, what if their is a paper work mix up and they cannot board.

Anything like this ever happen to anyone where you join a cruise in progress??

Thanks

Ok, hijacking the thread-----

I read the thread of the cruisers sailing this week ---it was either the Allure or Oasis.

One group from NY will join the cruise in progress in Jamaica.

Now......

So confused.

How will they fill out the regular paper work usually done at the check-in, and then get their sea pass card???

It must be easy or they would not do it.

Also, what if their is a paper work mix up and they cannot board.

Anything like this ever happen to anyone where you join a cruise in progress??

Thanks

You have to arrange this with the cruiseline. You can´t just go there without them knowing you are coming, so they will be prepared to get all the paperwork processed.