Luggage Tags

Those reusable plastic clear tag holders you can order from this website or Amazon.

Works great for us! And nice to use for disembarkation also.

And I always use two per bag (one on the side/one on the top) in case one gets

torn off. Have seen the dock and hallways littered with tags before. :eek:

Edited by island lady

If we are flying we attached them at the pier when checking in, usually with a small stapler. If we're driving we attach them at home in the same manner. We don't put them in holders.

We also usually attach two in different locations per suitcase should one get detached. Never had an issue.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

How do you attach your luggage tags?

Staple:

8490ddb5.jpg

Luggage Tag holder:

41Mu1Jn0MCL.jpg[/quote

We get a self laminate kit from a dollar store ,l

aminate the tags ,punch a hole in the tags and secure to our bags with a mini cable tie.This makes them smudge proof and the tags will not get ripped off of your bag.

Bob one of my husbands holders with the loop got caught on something in the cab, bending the metal loop and losing the tag, i will use the zip lock ties again to secure them. I like the holders though if doing a b2b2b, easier to change out your tags.

Gay

Thanks for the feedback. I've had very good luck with them. I carry a few extra just in case.

How do you attach your luggage tags?

Staple:

8490ddb5.jpg

Luggage Tag holder:

41Mu1Jn0MCL.jpg

I used the holders just like in the picture. I put them on at the hotel before we leave for the port.

I ordered them from Amazon. Unfortunately Amazon.ca gouges Canadians!

We got 8 in the package and have used three of them twice. So as long as I don't misplace them, they are worth it.

CC shop has some great ones. Just order the large size so all cruise lines tags will fit. I have used them for three years and they work great. They seem sturdy enough to survive even an airlines flight, but I always put them on just before we leave for the ship.

Edited by jamesr3939

We cover both sides with clear packing tape then fold over handle then staple strongly. Never had an issue. I also put them on at the airport, that way if luggage gets side tracked the info might help get it to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bob we didn't lose the holder and can reuse it thank goodness but not sure where the tag ended up. The porter attached a new tag yet his suitcase was the last one to arrive and they had to search for it. I think it finally arrived to our room later that evening.

That's odd that the tag came out but everything else was intact. Glad it worked out for you anyway.

I like these!

About once per trip, we find only the plastic band that goes around the handle, because someone grabbed the bag by the tag instead of the handle.

Bob one of my husbands holders with the loop got caught on something in the cab, bending the metal loop and losing the tag, i will use the zip lock ties again to secure them. I like the holders though if doing a b2b2b, easier to change out your tags.

Gay

Why do you change tags on b2b. You're already aboard

Maybe they had to change rooms and felt more comfortable with tags on the bags.

Got it, we try and keep same room, isn't that the point of a b2b? On the other hand, Laura's Jewel B2B2B this fall goes from D1 aft to GS to M inside. It's like a private cabin crawl

Got it, we try and keep same room, isn't that the point of a b2b? On the other hand, Laura's Jewel B2B2B this fall goes from D1 aft to GS to M inside. It's like a private cabin crawl

I agree, we try to keep the same stateroom too, it's a pain to pack and unpack. However, faced with having different staterooms, or not going on the cruise, we will gladly take the stateroom change.

Is Laura on Southern Caribbean itineraries?

Two staples (where indicated) and then wrap two or three turns in clear packing tape.

I always attach 2 on the outside of each suitcase (one on each handle).

I also drop one on top of the stuff inside the suitcase just in case both external ones get yanked off. In the unlikely event that happens, as soon as they open the suitcase they'll see the extra tag and know where to deliver it.