Behind the Fun Tour

MtnDweller

I understand that we need to go to the Excursion Desk upon entering the ship to get a chance at getting a spot. However, we are funding our S&S cards with cash. So, with that being said, do I go to Guest Services or the kiosk and fund our cards first or do they just put your name down on a list for the tour and take the funds the day of the tour?

I know they say you can't take any pictures on this tour, but is it possible to sneak some in?!

Maybe at least just a shot while on the bridge?

You are patted down and a metal detector is used by security prior to the tour, if you have a camera or phone, they take it, the guide puts it in a bag he/she carries and it is returned to you upon completion, so no, you cannot take pictures. They take a few group photos and a photo of you with the captain on the bridge and send those to your room later in the day.

Edited by cruisinpips

Cool! Thanks! I'll do that and then fund our cards.

This was true for us also, since we used gift cards for our entire sail/sign account. I think they wait until later in the day when they actually print out the tickets to be delivered to your room that first night to charge to your account. I too was concerned about the timing but waited until much later in the afternoon to apply some of our gift cards to cover those expenses. We always have a charge card on file but it has never been charged before gift cards are used entirely. Have fun on the tour, we really enjoyed it and felt it was well worth the price!

This was true for us also, since we used gift cards for our entire sail/sign account. I think they wait until later in the day when they actually print out the tickets to be delivered to your room that first night to charge to your account. I too was concerned about the timing but waited until much later in the afternoon to apply some of our gift cards to cover those expenses. We always have a charge card on file but it has never been charged before gift cards are used entirely. Have fun on the tour, we really enjoyed it and felt it was well worth the price!

Thank you for the info. So, I guess you know what our mission is. :D

I know they say you can't take any pictures on this tour, but is it possible to sneak some in?!

Maybe at least just a shot while on the bridge?

Anything is possible, why not just take over driving the ship, while in the bridge, that would be way cooler

Edited by pops72106

I understand that we need to go to the Excursion Desk upon entering the ship to get a chance at getting a spot. However, we are funding our S&S cards with cash. So, with that being said, do I go to Guest Services or the kiosk and fund our cards first or do they just put your name down on a list for the tour and take the funds the day of the tour?

GS will both take your money and book BTF tour.

You definitely don't need to sneak a camera in order to get a bridge picture (not that you could anyway). You get a picture alone with the captain, and also one as a group with the captain. And also a group photo on a deck at the very front of the ship, where they raise the flag. Or at least we did on the Dream this past fall.

ImageUploadedByForums1453954506.184524.jpg.d87513611fc3f8e7ed6f5f2e24edaf22.jpg

Just took this tour on Jan 2 on the Magic. We had a suite so were in Priority boarding. I went to the Excursion desk immediately and no one was there yet. I asked the employee at the elevators and they said to come back after we sailed. I wasn't comfortable with that so went back about 30 minutes later and was able to sign up at that time. As other posters have stated they put your name on a list and charge it later. I too added our gift card after I put my name on the list. I did have a cc on file already but I don't think she checked anything on the S&S card when she put my name on the list.

Just took this tour on Jan 2 on the Magic. We had a suite so were in Priority boarding. I went to the Excursion desk immediately and no one was there yet. I asked the employee at the elevators and they said to come back after we sailed. I wasn't comfortable with that so went back about 30 minutes later and was able to sign up at that time. As other posters have stated they put your name on a list and charge it later. I too added our gift card after I put my name on the list. I did have a cc on file already but I don't think she checked anything on the S&S card when she put my name on the list.

They don't charge it until they're sure they're going to actually do the tour. If they don't get enough sign-ups, they won't do it.

You definitely don't need to sneak a camera in order to get a bridge picture (not that you could anyway). You get a picture alone with the captain, and also one as a group with the captain. And also a group photo on a deck at the very front of the ship, where they raise the flag. Or at least we did on the Dream this past fall.

On Paradise, we only had one group photo with the captain. But the smaller ships have a shorter (and less expensive) tour.

You definitely can't sneak a camera in. A security guard wands you before the tour and goes with you to the "sensitive" areas, like the engine control room and bridge.

We just did this tour on the Glory yesterday. When we boarded Guest Services would not take a reservation and made us go to the shore excursion desk to sign up. According to the gentleman there, the number of tours is dependent on the number of people interested and number of sea days they can offer it.

It is well worth the price, IMHO, and very informative. We had a group picture on the bow and one on the bridge with the Captain. No individual pictures. Also some other goodies including a backpack tote, hat, wristband and some treats delivered to the cabin. Was over three hours for ours and a LOT of steps!

Mary in NC

We just did this tour on the Glory yesterday. When we boarded Guest Services would not take a reservation and made us go to the shore excursion desk to sign up. According to the gentleman there, the number of tours is dependent on the number of people interested and number of sea days they can offer it.

It is well worth the price, IMHO, and very informative. We had a group picture on the bow and one on the bridge with the Captain. No individual pictures. Also some other goodies including a backpack tote, hat, wristband and some treats delivered to the cabin. Was over three hours for ours and a LOT of steps!

Mary in NC

Looks like we are on the same cruise, 2/2/2016. Would you mind letting me know the cost?