Bank problem on board account

What have I missed since yesterday??!!! Did the cats go on a shopping spree?? The cat sitter?? Is the OP swabbing the deck?? Has there been any update from OP? I am sitting on the edge of my seat with my popcorn ready to see the conclusion!!!

This thread is going to go down in history as one of the more, um, interesting threads on CC. Not quite as good as the Starfish thread, or Ralphie the princess dog, but still a good one.

Maybe right up there with bringing your own mattress topper, or chairs for the Windjammer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K

Not quite as good as the Starfish thread, or Ralphie the princess dog, but still a good one....

Ahh, the good old days... also the fake-bottom hair spray can full of weed, and the bananas in a bowl next to the ketchup and mayo... classics...

I am also beginning to think we have all been played.

Ahh, the good old days... also the fake-bottom hair spray can full of weed, and the bananas in a bowl next to the ketchup and mayo... classics...

If we were voting, I would vote for "fake bottom hair spray can full of synthetic weed" over any of the others!

:eek: :p :D

Ah, seems like just yesterday we lived through those stories. ;)

. also the fake-bottom hair spray can full of weed, .

I was on that cruise! She had participated in the roll call for months and signed up for the meet and mingle, was gonna meet up for a pre muster drill drink and everything. A bunch of us wondered what happened as they didnt attend the unofficial boarding day gathering or the M&M and no one seen or heard from them all week. It wasnt until we got back, we found out what happened. She had CC change her username and posted a few times after that but finally just disappeared from here.

Edited by ryano

If we were voting, I would vote for "fake bottom hair spray can full of synthetic weed" over any of the others!

:eek: :p :D

I was on that cruise! She had participated in the roll call for months and signed up for the meet and mingle, was gonna meet up for a pre muster drill drink and everything. A bunch of us wondered what happened as they didnt attend the unofficial boarding day gathering or the M&M and no one seen or heard from them all week. It wasnt until we got back, we found out what happened. She had CC change her username and posted a few times after that but finally just disappeared from here.

Definitely a classic. :D

Sounds like they disappeared like a puff of smoke. ;)

This thread is going to go down in history as one of the more, um, interesting threads on CC. Not quite as good as the Starfish thread, or Ralphie the princess dog, but still a good one.

Maybe right up there with bringing your own mattress topper, or chairs for the Windjammer.

The starfish thread wins the all time great award. That was more than an interesting thread;)

I think of it everytime I take a shower on a cruise lol.

Of course the fake bottom of the can with "weed" one was wild. I participated in that one.

Edited by BND

Ok, I'll bite (having been away a few years.) What's the starfish thread all about? Searching got me nowhere ;-(

Ok, I'll bite (having been away a few years.) What's the starfish thread all about? Searching got me nowhere ;-(

They "poofed" it. We are also not allowed to talk about it. People put stuff in their signature lines, and THAT was prohibited.

Anyway........

I think that we now have to add the "dicking station" thread to the list!

:eek:

They "poofed" it. We are also not allowed to talk about it. People put stuff in their signature lines, and THAT was prohibited.

Anyway........

I think that we now have to add the "dicking station" thread to the list!

:eek:

Excuse me!:eek:...lol

Gone searching.................:D

Okay that's what I thought ,but I silll cannot stop laughing.lol

Edited by Reader0108598

Credit is evil? Credit is a tool, just like an axe or a chainsaw. Used properly, all three are assets. Used improperly, all three can cause you much harm.

I'm not going to offer you a lesson on axe or chainsaw use (other than to wear the right safety gear). As to credit, it is simple. Make sure you have enough money in the bank to cover your charges and you will have a high credit score.

What can you do with a high credit score? Well, for one you get a lower interest rate. So, if you don't have $250,000 in your savings account (earning 0.01% interest), you can still buy the house of your dreams. $250,000 for 30 years at 3.6% would cost $1,136.61 or $409,180.82 total. The same loan at 4.1% (only 1/2 percent more) would cost $1,208 per month (an extra $71.39 per month or $856.68 per year) and $434,878.53 total (an extra $25,697.71 over the life of the loan - enough to buy a new car). Speaking of cars, when they are not selling well, it is possible to get a new car loan at zero percent interest, saving around $3,300 over a 5% interest rate for a $25,000 car.

All you have to do is remember, everything you buy on credit has to be paid back. As long as you think in those terms you will not get over extended.

Then there are the extras, like enough points to get a large OBC, or an upgrade or even a free cruise. Not bad for buying something you have to buy anyway (like food, gas, even cruises). In addition, credit cards give you an emergency backup when needed.

Credit is no more evil than an axe or a chainsaw if used properly. Now chair hogs, well they are evil. Nonetheless, I would not try all of the suggestions I've seen on how to deal with chair hogs.

Interesting thread. My daughter's account was hacked recently and they shut her off completely from her account. She had paperwork to fill out, it was a mess. I believe the OP said that he has US Bank, I have heard they are pretty bad so it is possible that they totally shut his account down.

I hope he got everything resolved

The synthetic weed was indeed a classic. Now there's a thread where the story really dribbled out slowly but at least we got some resolution. And anyone with a brain figured out there was a LOT more to that story. I don't think we're being played here - the OP has been a member for over 5 years, doesn't seem likely to just out of the blue post something just to get us riled up.

Maybe they really ARE in the brig!

I don't think we're being played here - the OP has been a member for over 5 years, doesn't seem likely to just out of the blue post something just to get us riled up.... Maybe they really ARE in the brig!

Well probably not but perhaps OP is just too embarrassed or can't be bothered to report back. *shrug*

Credit is evil? Credit is a tool, just like an axe or a chainsaw. Used properly, all three are assets. Used improperly, all three can cause you much harm.

I'm not going to offer you a lesson on axe or chainsaw use (other than to wear the right safety gear). As to credit, it is simple. Make sure you have enough money in the bank to cover your charges and you will have a high credit score.

What can you do with a high credit score? Well, for one you get a lower interest rate. So, if you don't have $250,000 in your savings account (earning 0.01% interest), you can still buy the house of your dreams. $250,000 for 30 years at 3.6% would cost $1,136.61 or $409,180.82 total. The same loan at 4.1% (only 1/2 percent more) would cost $1,208 per month (an extra $71.39 per month or $856.68 per year) and $434,878.53 total (an extra $25,697.71 over the life of the loan - enough to buy a new car). Speaking of cars, when they are not selling well, it is possible to get a new car loan at zero percent interest, saving around $3,300 over a 5% interest rate for a $25,000 car.

All you have to do is remember, everything you buy on credit has to be paid back. As long as you think in those terms you will not get over extended.

Then there are the extras, like enough points to get a large OBC, or an upgrade or even a free cruise. Not bad for buying something you have to buy anyway (like food, gas, even cruises). In addition, credit cards give you an emergency backup when needed.

Credit is no more evil than an axe or a chainsaw if used properly. Now chair hogs, well they are evil. Nonetheless, I would not try all of the suggestions I've seen on how to deal with chair hogs.

True, but I would consider axes and chainsaws!