New Central Park and Boardwalk view cabin Perks Starting Nov 2016

rakes5

Has anyone been able to change their package by chance? I ask because my wife and I do not drink but are staying in a Central Park balcony. I was hoping that we might be able to switch the bottle of wine for a drink package or something. Any thoughts/luck with this?

It has been reported by those that tried that they were told the packages are non transferable and non upgradable.

It does not sound like there is any leeway with the packages.

Just following up to let everyone know what happened on the Harmony last week. When we entered our cabin, we had 2 soda cups. None of our 3 cards had the soda package sticker on it. My card had the PP sticker and my husband's card had the SP sticker (the alcohol packages we purchased). I went to guest services and was initially told that the complimentary Boardwalk balcony soda packages could only be used by the 1st and 2nd persons in the cabin (DH and me). I showed her the response I received a few weeks earlier from RC and the rep called someone. She then said ok and put a soda sticker on my son's card and also gave us 2 more soda cups which we really didn't need. I took 2 home and ended up leaving the other 2 in the cabin. I worked out just fine for us.

Agree with what the prior poster said about JR. Go early in the week. The last day was very busy. We went on the 1st sea day and had the place practically to ourselves.

Could you let me know the email address you received the confirmation of the perks from RCI please. We are leaving on Oasis this Sunday and we want our two kids to have the free soda packages. (My husband has a drink package and I don't drink soda). I would like some insurance if I have to argue the point at guest services. Thanks!

Could you let me know the email address you received the confirmation of the perks from RCI please. We are leaving on Oasis this Sunday and we want our two kids to have the free soda packages. (My husband has a drink package and I don't drink soda). I would like some insurance if I have to argue the point at guest services. Thanks!

I just received an email response from the general web-reservations email address, not from a specific person's email address. I suggest you do what I did- send an inquiry via the website asking if the soda package can be used for 3rd/4th person in cabin. I received the response within a day or 2.

Today on Harmony we had our Central Park bonus lunch in Jamie's.

The lunch menu is a special one which only included a choice between a hamburger or salmon for the entrée. The appetizer selection was crab bruschetta and something else I can't recall, and the dessert offered was brownie with ice cream or tiramisu.

An Italian restaurant with no pasta offering! We had a pleasant discussion with the manager who did offer a pasta alternative which was delicious. Can't say how other managers on Harmony or the sister ships would respond.

We booked two rooms, Boardwalk Balcony. We received the advertised specials for both rooms, We also used our C&A discount and Military discounts..

We just booked a Boardwalk balcony under the Going, Going, Gone Sale. We did get our C&A discount but was not offered anything else.

Has anyone been able to get both with the GGG sale???

We just booked a Boardwalk balcony under the Going, Going, Gone Sale. We did get our C&A discount but was not offered anything else.

Has anyone been able to get both with the GGG sale???

The military discount is not offered on every sailing or category, and is probably very unlikely to be available on a category that is also part of the GGG sale.

The military discount is not offered on every sailing or category, and is probably very unlikely to be available on a category that is also part of the GGG sale.

Bob, thanks so much for the reminder you gave me yesterday on the Going, Going, Gone Sale!! The cruise I had been eyeing dropped over $500 from what I had been looking at for the past week.

We have never stayed in a Boardwalk balcony so this was a perfect time to try it.

Thank again for ALWAYS being such a wealth of information that is ALWAYS given with such kindness!! I for one appreciate it more than you know!!!

Today on Harmony we had our Central Park bonus lunch in Jamie's.

The lunch menu is a special one which only included a choice between a hamburger or salmon for the entrée. The appetizer selection was crab bruschetta and something else I can't recall, and the dessert offered was brownie with ice cream or tiramisu.

An Italian restaurant with no pasta offering! We had a pleasant discussion with the manager who did offer a pasta alternative which was delicious. Can't say how other managers on Harmony or the sister ships would respond.

That's pretty misleading when they are only advertising it as lunch at Jamies. At first I thought that the lunch at Jamies for 2 would still be better than the lunch at Johnny Rockets for 4 however now I'm not sure.

Bob, thanks so much for the reminder you gave me yesterday on the Going, Going, Gone Sale!! The cruise I had been eyeing dropped over $500 from what I had been looking at for the past week.

We have never stayed in a Boardwalk balcony so this was a perfect time to try it.

Thank again for ALWAYS being such a wealth of information that is ALWAYS given with such kindness!! I for one appreciate it more than you know!!!

You're very welcome Dianne.:)

They didn't mention these....should I call back and ask?

You might want to call to confirm, but they are supposed to be automatic perks for booking that category of stateroom.

Here is the info:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-deals/offers/eat-drink-play?icid=t_drnk_tctclp_tdr_hm_cntntr_8490

Edited by clarea

You might want to call to confirm, but they are supposed to be automatic perks for booking that category of stateroom.

Here is the info:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-deals/offers/eat-drink-play?icid=t_drnk_tctclp_tdr_hm_cntntr_8490

On hold with them now.....girl I am speaking with never heard of it!!!

And I called the C&A dept!!!!!!

****Update****After being on hold for awhile I was told we would be getting these perks!!! At least she did go and check with someone else rather than guessing ****.

Ugh!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

On hold with them now.....girl I am speaking with never heard of it!!!

And I called the C&A dept!!!!!!

****Update****After being on hold for awhile I was told we would be getting these perks!!! At least she did go and check with someone else rather than guessing ****.

Ugh!!!

Shocking!!!........not really.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone been able to change their package by chance? I ask because my wife and I do not drink but are staying in a Central Park balcony. I was hoping that we might be able to switch the bottle of wine for a drink package or something. Any thoughts/luck with this?

My in laws just got off the Oasis 2 weeks ago. They don't drink either, asked nicely and were given a soda package instead. They don't know if they will be so lucky next time, but we're grateful it was given in exchange. It was there 6th time on one of the oasis/ allure ships, plus many other rccl cruises, so this may have made a difference.

That's pretty misleading when they are only advertising it as lunch at Jamies. At first I thought that the lunch at Jamies for 2 would still be better than the lunch at Johnny Rockets for 4 however now I'm not sure.

Go for Johnny- anything on menu... they waive the 6.95 fee. Just did it on Harmony. Jamie's special menu useless and Sabor I'd pay as you go- very confusing. We had a lovely Johnny lunch

• 3 months later...
Old post, but for those who have the perks, how is the rock wall private session? How long do they give you and do you need to book at odd hours?

On HOTS now...Rock Climbing wall private sessions perk is first come first serve only on days 6&7 between the hours of 9-11am.

On HOTS now...Rock Climbing wall private sessions perk is first come first serve only on days 6&7 between the hours of 9-11am.

Seriously? So for all those balcony staterooms, they only have 4 hours total? What does everyone get...about 5 minutes of a private session?

Is this perc for the Boardwalk cabins?

Yes. Free rock wall session for the family....But from the above poster, sounds like only a couple of families can actually book.

Boardwalk rooms also come with 2 soda drink packages and free lunch at Johnny Rockets.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Hello!

We have for the first time booked a Royal cruise, my husband really want to try a megaship;) So off we go... We booked a central park balcony. Can we see the perk on the confirmation?

I don't see it listed on mine...and my Next Cruise rep didn't even mention it. I think I need to call...I'm sure it's there, but don't want any surprises! I'm debating changing to boardwalk anyway, but leery of the noise. But I'm also planning on already changing our itinerary and to the week before, so I'll need to call anway ;)