celebrity constellation who has tried her

pastamia73

Hello everyone, this will be our first time on celebrity constellation sept 8 we are in our mid 40's and travelling with 2 other in there 70's... we are wanting to know in comparison to equinox how does constellation compare? I was reading reviews from other saying run down, and things broke down... its making me all too nervous..

can someone provide me with their own photos of the constellation please? and feedback

thanks so much :)

Do not know what ship they were on. Did B2B last year and Constellation had nothing broken and everything spotless. probably the friendliest crew and captain of all the 5 Celebrity ships we have been fortunate enough to cruise. Connie is small with about 600 fewer passengers. That is good to me. Not as many things like the lawn area but restaurants same names and quality.

Got to remember the reviews and comments by many on Cruise Critic have become a gripe session. One thing goes wrong - often the fault of the OP and they write a scathing review. Would sail Connie tomorrow if it has a destination that worked for me.

Our favorite ship. Cabins are more comfortable and have more storage than the S class ships.

I think that it's fair to say that the M class ships ( of which Constellation is one) are less frenzied than the S class.

Enjoy.

Really a fantastic crew! Noticed some problems in my cabin, but quickly repaired or replaced. My favorite M Class ship. Announced on my last cruise (1/23/16) that Connie was "ship of the Year".

Edited by Orator

We've been on Connie 3 times, love her; great ship, great crew, wonderful vibe. Main differences in the cabins are smaller bathroom on Connie; no overhead storage on Connie; more closet space & real bedside cabinets with drawers on Connie. Rendezvous Lounge just outside MDR has a real dance floor on Connie (not dancing in Atrium...whose brilliant design fail was that?). No wine tower in MDR on Connie. Concierge cabins on Mclass are bigger than veranda cabins on Mclass

Edited by awhfy

We enjoyed the spacious rooms and storage on Constellation. The ship is showing its age compared to the S-class ships. But it is a handsome ship with a more traditional cruise ship feel.

We did notice that there were several neighbors who smoked on their balconies on the Constellation. They smoked on the seas and in port.

Hello everyone, this will be our first time on celebrity constellation sept 8 we are in our mid 40's and travelling with 2 other in there 70's... we are wanting to know in comparison to equinox how does constellation compare? I was reading reviews from other saying run down, and things broke down... its making me all too nervous..

can someone provide me with their own photos of the constellation please? and feedback

thanks so much :)

We spent 14 fabulous nights on The Connie in 2012, sailed her again for 5 nights in 2015 and am currently booked B2B in Feb. 2016. The best crew in the entire fleet. We have sailed all 5 of the S class ships and in addition to The Connie we have sailed her sisters Infinity and Summit. We have also sailed Celebrity Xpedition. Pay no attention to those who post negatives about The Connie. Everything might not be perfect but just speak up and it will be taken care of immediately. Enjoy your cruise.

3 times, love Connie. Been on Summit (5 times this June), Millie and all the C class ships. Connie is great. S class love, love, Silhouette but doing Eclipse for the third time in April. Equinox is nice too but the storage on the S class is not what I like. Better on M class.

Enjoy

Pat C

My DH is not a huge cruise fan, although I am. Last year (Jan 2015) We did a 5 day on the Constelllation. Before we disembarked he was already talking about booking another cruise on her. We leave in 2 weeks for a 9 day virgin island cruise on the Constellation. Not a day passes that he doesn't say how excited he is to get on the Connie. It is a fabulous ship and crew.

My DH is not a huge cruise fan, although I am. Last year (Jan 2015) We did a 5 day on the Constelllation. Before we disembarked he was already talking about booking another cruise on her. We leave in 2 weeks for a 9 day virgin island cruise on the Constellation. Not a day passes that he doesn't say how excited he is to get on the Connie. It is a fabulous ship and crew.

Great story and an even better result.:D

Take those "reviews" with the proverbial grain. I pity those who think she's "run down," as they must be impossible to please. Connie is in fine shape; in her stride, I'd say.

Yeah, you have got to wonder about the people who complain that they saw rust in places around the deck.

Who would have thought a metal object at sea for years at a time would rust.:rolleyes:

Not run down at all and spotless...some areas are still "older" but very cozy; and the updated spaces add a bright modern touch! Less walking required...a possible plus for seniors!

Prefer the indoor T pool with hydro sprays and grid water benches over the Solarium pool on S class...but Persian Gardens is interior and dank...better on S....would skip it on M class..but the spa was lovely with Canyon Ranch.

Had a great time..lots of space to enjoy!

Great staff/crew!

Loved BLU!

boarding and disembarking from the smaller building....easy, breezy!

My photo files are too large to post here, but what you see in brochures and online show well!

Have been on the Connie 3 times, two short cruises and one transatlantic. If you are on her when Captain Tasos is on, it will be a cruise you will never forget. The staff and crew are fantastic. The officers are very visible and approachable. Love the T-pool and am ok with Persian Garden (although have not been on an S-class yet). I was in Aqua all three times so only ate in Blu. Echo the sentiments from above. Take the reviews as a statistical microcosm of people in general. Some people have very specific incidents that spoil their expectations of perfection.

we found service (exept 2 waiters and room service) and food the worst we ever had on a ship.

was Nov 2015 sailing

I assume too much drunk guest on this sailing... I'm not allowed to write more here...greetings to the Admins :)

Absolutely love this ship! Captain Tasos and the rest of the crew are outstanding. Just off a back to back on Constellation and would book again in a heartbeat.

The ship is beautifully maintained, service was impeccable (especially in Luminae!), and we just love the relaxed, yet refined, vibe of this ship.

Absolutely love this ship! Captain Tasos and the rest of the crew are outstanding. Just off a back to back on Constellation and would book again in a heartbeat.

The ship is beautifully maintained, service was impeccable (especially in Luminae!), and we just love the relaxed, yet refined, vibe of this ship.

Great to hear. We'll be sailing next month on Connie; our first time sailing with X. Is there a way to find out who our Capt. will be on March 14? Not that it matters, just curious now that quite a few have mentioned Capt. Tasos.

Loved the Constellation, its the only ship that I've ever gotten off of and immediately went on the website to see when I can go back on. My mother was so happy with the ship she decided to go on the 2-day shortly after we got off the five day and then booked for another cruise next year.

Amazing ship, amazing staff, amazing service.

Edited by JRYMCMB

Wow, goes to show how people can experience differing things when on the same cruise. Some glowing reports and one bad one.

Was difficult to understand his post....I think he said he was drunk!!!!! Maybe he had an inside cabin next to the engine room. We sail Feb. 15 and looking forward to our 3rd Connie cruise in Aqua.

I didn't mind Constellation, but things don't flow as well as they did pre-Solsticisation. Thus, comparing her to a Solstice class ship which is true to design I would favour the Solstice class now. The age and particularly compromises made to redesign weaken Constellation.