Prices are falling on some sailings

ISABELLA

It is obvious that Celerity's high prices only stick up to a point and then lots of empty cabins become available. I checked prices for 14 days Caribbean on Eclipse - very popular itinerary. Today they have for SOLO - bal gty - under $2000, AQ - under $3000, inside for under $1500 / 2 people. How low can they go?;)

It is obvious that Celerity's high prices only stick up to a point and then lots of empty cabins become available. I checked prices for 14 days Caribbean on Eclipse - very popular itinerary. Today they have for SOLO - bal gty - under $2000, AQ - under $3000, inside for under $1500 / 2 people. How low can they go?;)

Take advantage, supply and demand can work in the buyers favour as well.:D

From the ads I've received in the past week, it's clear that Celebrity (and other cruise lines) are hurting in the next few months. If you have time, there are some great bargains...and some great "resident" rates floating around.

Eclipse 14 day sailing 60 days out on 4/3/16 still has 100 unsold cabins (was over 200 last Friday). Booked my C2 two years ago with all the 123 perqs for $5000 (2 people). Last fall was over $6000, now down to $3500 w/residency discount. Ouch! At least there should be more room by the pool.

14 day Eclipse cruise in March has no suites available. Other prices are dropping but I don't know how many cabins are available. Since we live in PA and prefer suites we have to balance lower air fare and more availability; vs lower cruise, prices less availability and higher air and hotel costs.

Eclipse 14 day sailing 60 days out on 4/3/16 still has 100 unsold cabins (was over 200 last Friday). Booked my C2 two years ago with all the 123 perqs for $5000 (2 people). Last fall was over $6000, now down to $3500 w/residency discount. Ouch! At least there should be more room by the pool.

Can you re fare or upgrade?

Lets face it few Canadians can travel onour dvaluated dollar so Im not surprisedships are not as full .I cannot afford my usual March break vacation ..this year

If they are smart they will reduce fares to fill up ships ....we will spend on board

[/font

With the Zika virus scare for pregnant women, I'm sure there have been cancellations for the affected areas. I'd be afraid too if I were pregnant or could get pregnant. I feel for those women.

[/font

With the Zika virus scare for pregnant women, I'm sure there have been cancellations for the affected areas. I'd be afraid too if I were pregnant or could get pregnant. I feel for those women.

Fortunately, I am at the stage in my life where pregnancy is not viable.

Edited by MicCanberra

Lets face it few Canadians can travel onour dvaluated dollar so Im not surprisedships are not as full .I cannot afford my usual March break vacation ..this year

If they are smart they will reduce fares to fill up ships ....we will spend on board

I think the Canadian dollar is a big reason why ships are not as full. A lot of my coworkers are not going south this winter due to the dollar.

I think the Canadian dollar is a big reason why ships are not as full. A lot of my coworkers are not going south this winter due to the dollar.

True...Canadians face high air travel costs everyday which is why many don't cruise. Add the dollar and many are staying home. That being said, if you look at the price for a cruise in USD and and CDN and do the conversions the price of the cruise is better in CDN. Americans would be wise to pay in CDN.

With nearly 40% hit on our Canadian $ it does hurt us. We however booked a year ago and it locked in our price, so we were ok.

Can I ask how you found out there are 100 un sold cabins? That's really great information...

With nearly 40% hit on our Canadian $ it does hurt us. We however booked a year ago and it locked in our price, so we were ok.

Can I ask how you found out there are 100 un sold cabins? That's really great information...

The Aussie dollar has had a similar hit, which is certainly affecting the cruises in our region (those using USD) and the Asian cruises to a certain point.:(

I see that Oceania is offering a 15% discount to Canadians. Kudos to them. Maybe Celebrity should take a page out of their book.

I got an offer from Paul Gauguin today for between 15 and 25% off for Canadians. If it had included 2017 cruises they'd have had me.

I got an offer from Paul Gauguin today for between 15 and 25% off for Canadians. If it had included 2017 cruises they'd have had me.

Tahiti would be a wonderful cruise, I have been to Bora Bora, Moorea and Papeete, where those cruises go to many more of the islands.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Not sure if your avatar is the poster, but if so, I'd say it was never viable?

Oceangoer1:

I see by your signature that you will be cruising on the Equinox on 3/4/16. My husband and I will be on the same cruise. We can't wait! We have a roll call if you are interested in chatting with people who you will be cruising with. We have a diverse and fun group.

John and Debbie

Will the zika virus causes cruise fares to drop to the Caribbean this year?

I'm guessing it will cause fare drops, and will be the number one factor this year.

Son and DIL are already cancelling for next September.

For those of us where Zika is not so serious, possibly a chance for some big bargains.

Big residency and seniors fares showing for early April on Equinox. Maybe that's our Canadian dollar discount. We're booked for November - no deals showing yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app