Anthem - Diamond Members

Hi. On the Anthem, are we able to get three comp drinks (per Diamond Member) between 5:30 - 8 pm in any bar or in the Diamond Lounge? That's how it was on the Oasis last April. Thanks! :D

Three drinks from any bar and unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

Edited by clarea

But the three coupons can be used throughout the ship still require you to order off the "special menu" of drink options. You can't just order any type of drink, yes?

Correct, same drinks as in the Diamond Lounge.

• 1 month later...
We just turned Diamond on our last cruise. I read on another post that a glass of wine can be taken from the lounge to dinner. Is that correct?

Technically, taking drinks from the DL is not allowed but like many rules, it may or may not enforced. The DL concierge on our last cruise (Explorer) actually got in a bit of trouble with upper management for not enforcing the rule. One night a number of officers were in the lounge doing some sort of inspection and they witnessed a number of guests leaving with drinks. The next night, the DL concierge put a notice on every table reminding guests not to take drinks out of the DL.

We were able to take 1 drink to dinner on Anthem. I can't see what difference it makes, if it comes from the DL or a bar, you can go to any bar and get a drink to take to dinner.

Edited by gaylemh

We were able to take 1 drink to dinner on Anthem. I can't see what difference it makes, if it comes from the DL or a bar, you can go to any bar and get a drink to take to dinner.

Probably just trying to limit sharing.

I've heard that they like to keep their glass inventory, true or false?

On Adventure last year we just went to the Diamond Club and then, if we wanted, stopped at a bar and used one of our vouchers to get a glass of wine to take to dinner. They never required the vouchers in the DC so as long as we were before the deadline to use them they were still available on our cards.

The wine bar guy was especially nice to us and even gave us some pretty good pours. We tipped him, of course, but it was still a super good deal.

Tom

Is this 3 vouchers given for entire cruise or daily vouchers? Is unlimited drinks in Diamond Lounge daily? Also, has anyone bought beverage package. Wondering if it is cost effective?

Three drink vouchers daily, plus all you can drink in the Diamond Lounge.

Instead of taking drinks out of the Diamond lounge, which is discouraged. Just go there before dinner, say 5pm, have one or two drinks and then leave about 5:45 so you can stop at a bar on the way to the dining room to get a drink with your voucher. That still leaves two drinks to use after dinner, pending you have enough time!

That process worked out very well for me on Oasis last year. I would stop at the R Bar/Champagne Bar.

Hi. On the Anthem, are we able to get three comp drinks (per Diamond Member) between 5:30 - 8 pm in any bar or in the Diamond Lounge? That's how it was on the Oasis last April. Thanks! :D

Time period for this is actually one hour longer at 5:00 to 8:30pm. :)

Edited by robtulipe

Also, has anyone bought beverage package. Wondering if it is cost effective?

You'd have to drink 6 drinks per day on top of the DL and coupon allowance to make it effective - basically become an alcoholic for that sailing.:D

On our last 3 RCCL cruises the times were from 4:30 -8 PM. The drinks were very limited. You could get a mojito which was nice. I asked for it frozen and was told no. I got a mai tai too. Asked for that as a frozen drink and was told no. One night I went to the Schooner bar and he said NO also. I commented that all that is extra is putting it in a blender. Nothing more added. He told me he would allow me to have that once. It was very disappointing.

On our last 3 RCCL cruises the times were from 4:30 -8 PM. The drinks were very limited. You could get a mojito which was nice. I asked for it frozen and was told no. I got a mai tai too. Asked for that as a frozen drink and was told no. One night I went to the Schooner bar and he said NO also. I commented that all that is extra is putting it in a blender. Nothing more added. He told me he would allow me to have that once. It was very disappointing.

3849fefa2349f2248951f7d0e82b3631.jpg

On our last 3 RCCL cruises the times were from 4:30 -8 PM.

On our last two cruises, which were 12 night sailings on Anthem this year, it was from 5 to 8:30 for the Diamond and higher status complimentary drinks both at bars and in the Diamond and Concierge's lounges. Same with our Radiance Oz cruise last April.

On our B2B Freedom cruises last October this time was from 4:30 to 8:00pm so it can vary by an 1/2 hour depending on the ship. All were confirmed by the DL Concierge letters which I kept along with the Cruise Compass dailies.

Since this thread was concerning Anthem that's why I mentioned the 5 to 8:30 period but at least both periods gave 3 1/2 hours of free drinks which is what I wanted to pass on.

I also should have mentioned since on both of our Anthem cruises they were using the Music Hall area just outside the DL as an overflow area for the DL thus the upper or deck 4 bar there rarely scanned our cards if drinks were requested at that bar during the C&A free drinks period. ;)

Edited by robtulipe