No more Bistro on 5 on Reflection

cruiserone

How will they get fresh food for this raw bar? I love oysters and all those other raw items, but knowing that there's been problems with people getting sick on raw items, I wonder if X is prepared for such things happening? Lawsuits if someone gets sick on raw seafood?

They take no more risk than any restaurant serving raw shellfish....as long as they warn you of the risks, you are on your own.

When in the last time you were on a Solstice Class ship and which one was it?

I am fairly certain that there has always been a deli selection. Perhaps you mean they just keep it as a deli instead of offering Sushi in the evening?

I just got off of the Reflection on February 27 and this was the replacement for the sushi that was typically offered around 5-530pm.. its in the dailies in the time slot that usually had sushi listed... I'll post a pic later.

Can you better define "deli selections"? Is it now a specific deli station where they make to order or just build your own like they already have?

I didn't see the offerings as I do not eat at Oceanview.. this was posted in the Dailies in the time slot that in the past had sushi listed.

Enough with changes already. My head is spinning. I am trying to hang with Celebrity,but if this continues, I am outa here. So many of our favorite things about Celebrity re now history. Sad.

I said that and just came from the NCL board. LOL Whatever you do, don't go there is change is a problem for you. WHAT a s^%$# show that line is. Just raised their bev package from $69 to $79 a day PLUS an additional 18% service charge and it doesn't even include water or coffee. Oh and another $10 per person per day increase on their dining plans and with them, it's not even inclusive--a few restaurants are excluded and in others, you can only get x,y,z....lol headache. So as much as I tried to try other lines, so far, Celebrity is the least insane.But if you find a comparable one, please let me know.

Oh, this is an interesting idea. I love the concept of a venue that hosts changing "pop-up" restaurants. This year it's a sushi place, but next year it's tapas and the year after that it's a BBQ place. What fun that would be!

That sounds much more promising.

I like the concept of a changing restaurant....but the most exciting part of this concept is looking forward to all the people who will post on CC that they just despise BBQ, hate deli sandwiches, and any other type of food Celebrity moves through that space. Oh, how I look forward to all those complaints and the extremely long threads about how little celebrity knows, how expensive the restaurant is, how icky the food is and of course, how the offerings don't fit their likes and diets (and let's not forget the posts about how much they now miss the sushi restaurant so much).

Let the threads begin........

Edited by ghstudio

Looks like no sushi in the evening at the buffet, and the Deli is now another added item to the evening buffet.

One has to wonder about what they will serve at the NY Deli. Will it be hand carved corned beef and pastrami actually steamed on decent bread with a crust? Will one be able to get a freshly carved turkey sandwich? Will they serve NY style overstuffed sandwiches or the ones they make for lunch. How about a NY pickle? Will they have deli mustard...no that's not guldens or yellow mustard.

A name does not make a NY Deli. Waiting for reports.

Oh NO. Seriously? Once they go down that al a carte road, forget it. This is the worst thing I've heard today, cruise news speaking.

Sushi on 5 is an a la carte menu... that didn't bother me much, I just wish they were open for lunch as well, nice to have another lunch alternative. I would have tried it out for lunch but not dinner as we are very happy with Luminae for dinner.

I like the concept of a changing restaurant....but the most exciting part of this concept is looking forward to all the people who will post on CC that they just despise BBQ, hate deli sandwiches, and any other type of food Celebrity moves through that space. Oh, how I look forward to all those complaints and the extremely long threads about how little celebrity knows, how expensive the restaurant is, how icky the food is and of course, how the offerings don't fit their likes and diets (and let's not forget the posts about how much they now miss the sushi restaurant so much).

Let the threads begin........

You're always good for a laugh. Keep on pushing buttons!

I just got off of the Reflection on February 27 and this was the replacement for the sushi that was typically offered around 5-530pm.. its in the dailies in the time slot that usually had sushi listed... I'll post a pic later.

Thanks.

Edited by jagoffee

Well it's encouraging that they consider it temporary. It will be very interesting to see if it's still there for the April 9 transatlantic. May depend on how successful it is between now and then, I guess that's only about five weeks away now. Yikes!!!

Well it's encouraging that they consider it temporary. It will be very interesting to see if it's still there for the April 9 transatlantic. May depend on how successful it is between now and then, I guess that's only about five weeks away now. Yikes!!!

I'd never want to try to second guess Celebrity, but I suspect that "temporary" will be measured in months, at minimum, not in weeks.

The deli outlet look more like a Subway Franchise to me. 12 inch special anyone ? LOL

Yeah, but with Subway you only get one slice of meat. At the Deli bar you can pile it on. :D

I frequent the Deli bar during lunch, but in the early evening, I don't need a huge sandwich -- I just want something to snack on before dinner.

Edited by Wine-O

Looks like no sushi in the evening at the buffet, and the Deli is now another added item to the evening buffet.

Wow . They got rid of the "free" sushi even faster then I thought they would . :(