No more Bistro on 5 on Reflection

cruiserone

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Bistro on 5, which was an OK value at $5, jumped the shark at $7 and a couple months later the shark died at $10.

On Millennium last month, we saw 2 couples, a total of 4 people, in Bistro on 5. On embarkation day.

Hi Cruisen'Susan

I'd appreciate the followup. My wife and I are on the Equinox at the end of March. We've always enjoyed having our Embarkation Day lunch there.

Alimack

I sure will Alimack! We enjoy embarkation day lunch there too. And other days as well. When one is spending $$$$ on a vacation, what's another extra $5pp. (over the original $5)

I love their food, and they really take care of my gluten free needs. AND I guess we go there prime time, because the place is often 3/4 to almost full.

Last week on Reflection, the Bistro on 5 was nearly empty most of the time. I thought it was closed but the staff was there waiting for diners. The Porch was dead too.

Same in December. Actually I did see some staff members dining in Bistro a couple times - though maybe they were there to try and draw others in. ;)

Hope this is just a trial on Reflection...photos posted of the seafood at the porch..with an extra upcharge for the tower,..have not been very enticing..

offering only sushi would be a no for us at Bistro.on 5.....dh allergic to most fish, and never eats sushi...that'd be 2 places off our list,.

Tuscan with the new menu there... with upcharges beyond the entry fee... is another likely no...also not too thrilled with gastropub.bar food menu

We usually patronize Bistro on 5 several tmes per cruise..and even with the recent higher fee, we enjoyed the menu with daily specials on EQ in January,..they have/had great home made soups every day...great salads, paninis, mac & cheese...

At least we still have BLU and AQ spa cafe and the buffet, but expect they'll ruin those too if they can...

Edited by hcat

Same in December. Actually I did see some staff members dining in Bistro a couple times - though maybe they were there to try and draw others in. ;)

Likely they enjoyed getting served instead of walking around the buffet.

I am looking forward to seeing a menu from the new Sushi on 5 on the Reflection.

Please post one if you can.

Totally agree with the above: yuck to both! :p

Do you eat shrimp as in shrimp cocktail? Do you eat rice? put them together and they are sushi. Do you eat cream cheese, smoked salmon and rice...put them together and they are a philadelphia roll. How about an omelette...put it on rice and it's another type of sushi.

I'm kind of amazed that so many have no clue what sushi really is...and are ready to say....yuck...