Ship Shape Dollars?

mattR

Wow, that brings back memories!

What we would do for those.... I still have a T-shirt and key chains from back in the day. I'm going to bring the T-shirt on our upcoming cruise in July.

I have a T-shirt too...those vintage yellow ones...classic.

I've got a few t-shirts and balance of $35 in shipshape $s. Savings them when they re-introduce the program. LOL. Every time I hear the song "Dollar, dollar, Canadian dollar, shipshape dollars, etc." Memories + the inducement to walk and exercise which is very beneficial.

Still use the sports towel we got T-shirt is long gone:) Do they have any type of trivia or sports participation reward program?

Some cruises will have progressive trivia, but I've not seen a sports participation program.

We still have some of the dollars and occasionally find one in an old book that was used as a bookmark. Still have a few of the t-shirts (that don't fit anymore of course) and a couple of visors. Been keeping them for the memories.

Does RC still do ship shape dollars?

In addition to the key chains, backpacks, towels, and shirts, we still have (and use) the collapsable beach bag - - the netted ones with the small zipper bottom! I actually do miss the Ship Shape aka Vitality programs. I liked meeting people while exercising. It was always fun.

Trivia was played 4 plus times a day. The winning team won key chains, lanyards, pens and hi lighters. One team won nice metal water bottles with a clip ( It was our team!!!). That was the only time that was given. They gave away too many key chains even as the cruise went on. Usually prizes were better. We did ask for hi lighters instead and they had to search for them. Many people said to use the key chains as zipper pulls on luggage. We tried it, works well.

Here is something really sad... I still have some Labadee Doubloons that I forgot to cash in for drinks years ago. I can't believe I missed some drinks!

The ship sold them many years ago when you could use cash at the bars on the ship and they did not want cash on the beach. That was back in the 80's when I got them.