Anyone Ever Given "Inconvenience" Crown and Anchor Points?

Seeking some precedent here as I fight with RC reps...

Has anyone ever received Crown and Anchor Points as compensation for a cancelled cruise?

I "was" on the April 11, 5 Day Empress that was cancelled and being "offered" to move to 4 Day Majesty. However, I needed 10 Points to make Diamond and would have had it after 5 days on Empress (Suite). Therefore, if I take 4 days Majesty I will only receive 8 points and be 2 shy. I asked the rep if they will give me 10 Points instead of 8 but she said no way will happen, never has happened.

I just don't believe her. I find it highly unlikely that Royal has never given anyone 2 bonus points for the inconvenience. And really it isn't a bonus point its the point that was orginally paid for.

Has anyone ever received Crown and Anchor Points as compensation for a cancelled cruise?

I "was" on the April 11, 5 Day Empress that was cancelled and being "offered" to move to 4 Day Majesty. However, I needed 10 Points to make Diamond and would have had it after 5 days on Empress (Suite). Therefore, if I take 4 days Majesty I will only receive 8 points and be 2 shy. I asked the rep if they will give me 10 Points instead of 8 but she said no way will happen, never has happened.

I just don't believe her. I find it highly unlikely that Royal has never given anyone 2 bonus points for the inconvenience. And really it isn't a bonus point its the point that was orginally paid for.

No way will they give you extra points.

Nope. A lot of us were "inconvenienced" when they revamped the point system a few years ago. Our next cruise after they changed the points, would have made us D, but with the new system, we had to make one more cruise after that to hit it. We only missed by a few points, but we certainly didn't expect them to make an exception for us.

I can understand your issue but doubt you will get the extra points. You do have a few other options. You can take a second majesty cruise, or you can take the majesty cruise as a solo cruiser in a suite and then you would get more points. Or, simply take a different five night or longer cruise, in the suite, to get the points you want.

Good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I'm with the rep. You aren't getting 10 points for a 4 day cruise.

I am getting 8 points for 4 day cruise cause I booked a suite but I would have received 10 points had I sailed Empress for 5 days. So I don't think my demand is unreasonable since its 2 extra points

Would you go to an ATM machine, request $100, find that you can only take out $80 and then go to the bank and demand that they give you the $20 that the ATM didn't provide you for free?

Apples and Oranges. I am not asking for money or a free cruise or anything. Just 2 extra cyber points that costs Royal NOTHING.

Your example is also flawed because my situation in analogy would be I went to ATM took out $100, found out my $100 bill was counterfeit and not usable. So go into the bank and they say "nope here is $80"

Empress has several 5 day cruises. Why not switch to one of them?

We were booked on an 8-day cruise in December thinking we'd get triple points for the old Diamonds in December. But that year they switched the triple C&A points to a calendar (w/ very nice photos) and a drawing for Quantum. We're so glad we didn't do a b2b making us Diamond+, because they stopped the Diamonds in December promotion. Boy did Royal Caribbean lose out on that deal. We never book assuming the promotion will still be there.

Edited by knittinggirl

Empress has several 5 day cruises. Why not switch to one of them?

Can't, I plan my cruises and work schedule a year in advance. I have appointments, trial dates etc., booked out until February 2017.

I would much rather go on Empress than Majesty, but since I can't I want my 2 "lost" points so I can be Diamond on my next sailing.

Nope. A lot of us were "inconvenienced" when they revamped the point system a few years ago. Our next cruise after they changed the points, would have made us D, but with the new system, we had to make one more cruise after that to hit it. We only missed by a few points, but we certainly didn't expect them to make an exception for us.

We just like you were some of the cruisers who when the point system was revamped, would not have move forward to Diamond as a result. BUT our outcome was different, and perhaps it was what we asked for, that essentially made us Diamond at 79 points.

When it was announced that the point system was changing it came with a disclaimer that the changeover was not intended to negatively affect cruisers. Well, we were due to go on our 10th cruise after which we would have been Diamond. With the new calculation, after that cruise we would only have 79 points, not 80, and no Diamond. So we called C&A, and our argument was. I don't expect you to 'give us an extra point' but since the intent was not to hurt cruisers going forward, could we be awarded Diamond, so that on our next cruise (#11), we could utilize the Diamond perks, including any discounts on balcony prices. That they were willing to do. They properly marked our (both of us) accounts, and forward we moved.

To OP Garavar -- you may need to change the focus of your argument, away from the 2 points you want and focus on the end result that the Empress cruise would have given you and how it is unfair to penalize you, the loyal cruiser, for a problem that came up on Royals end. I will expect that you may have to escalate this, because I am sure the rep you are talking with will be caught unprepared. You don't want the extra points, just the status that you would have earned and been entitled to had you completed the cruise on Empress that you planned to take.

Can't, I plan my cruises and work schedule a year in advance. I have appointments, trial dates etc., booked out until February 2017.

I would much rather go on Empress than Majesty, but since I can't I want my 2 "lost" points so I can be Diamond on my next sailing.

Maybe try a B2B by adding one of the three day cruises. Of if you're local, try a 3-day over a weekend. Or try to string two 3-days together if possible. Just a thought. Sometimes Royal Caribbean offers 2 day cruises, but I'm not sure they're from FLL.

I understand your frustration. It's hard getting time off. Royal Caribbean is trying to get the younger cruisers, and they do something like cancel six cruises on an itinerary that will be full of young people that have to jump through hoops to get time off. Until DH retired grabbing more than a long weekend was forbidden for the first half of the year. Once he retired, our very first cruise was a 16-night Transatlantic and 8-night Norwegian Fjords cruise. But now our accountant is telling us we can't take long cruises during his tax season. Go figure.

Getting Diamond gives you crowded diamond lounges anyway. I couldn't find a place to sit during cocktail hour. We ate breakfast with some Diamond+ members that told me the free stuff wasn't worth drinking. Hear that a lot on cruise ships :)

Edited by knittinggirl

We just like you were some of the cruisers who when the point system was revamped, would not have move forward to Diamond as a result. BUT our outcome was different, and perhaps it was what we asked for, that essentially made us Diamond at 79 points.

When it was announced that the point system was changing it came with a disclaimer that the changeover was not intended to negatively affect cruisers. Well, we were due to go on our 10th cruise after which we would have been Diamond. With the new calculation, after that cruise we would only have 79 points, not 80, and no Diamond. So we called C&A, and our argument was. I don't expect you to 'give us an extra point' but since the intent was not to hurt cruisers going forward, could we be awarded Diamond, so that on our next cruise (#11), we could utilize the Diamond perks, including any discounts on balcony prices. That they were willing to do. They properly marked our (both of us) accounts, and forward we moved.

To OP Garavar -- you may need to change the focus of your argument, away from the 2 points you want and focus on the end result that the Empress cruise would have given you and how it is unfair to penalize you, the loyal cruiser, for a problem that came up on Royals end. I will expect that you may have to escalate this, because I am sure the rep you are talking with will be caught unprepared. You don't want the extra points, just the status that you would have earned and been entitled to had you completed the cruise on Empress that you planned to take.

That's a god point, I don't care about the points themselves I just wanted to be Diamond for my next cruise after 5 day Empress cause I am only booked in JS that next cruise. I don't care if they make me Diamond at 78 points rather than giving me the 2 points.

I will call them see if this approach works. I am not holding out much hope after all these negative replies.

call C&A Desk or Resolutions and explain you were basically taking a 5 day cruise in a suite to attain the next level and how through no fault of your own, RCI is de facto moving the goal posts on you since they are offering you sailings that are not comparable. Don't know if you will get anywhere, but I'm on your side here.

I´m with anybody else here, It´s not gonna happen.

Cruise line Programms are not like the Airlines. They throw some miles/Points/Avios etc. at you for inconvenience. Cruise lines - nope.

I doubt you´ll be lucky with Paulette´s Approach. It was a different Situation when they changed over the Programm.

I understand it's "inconvenient" but things happen and there's not much you can do about it. Royal will not give out points if you didn't sail those nights. It looks like you have quite a few upcoming trips that will bring you to Diamond status. Patience is a virtue.

IIRC in 2012 I got 3 bonus points. Enchantment was then based in Baltimore and had broken down in the terminal, delayed for about 2 days and then traveling at reduced speeds for a few more days until final repairs were made. This was in February and I think Royal gave bonus points for cruises on Enchantment for the next 3 or 4 months. No inconvenience for me but a welcome incentive.

Roy

call C&A Desk or Resolutions and explain you were basically taking a 5 day cruise in a suite to attain the next level and how through no fault of your own, RCI is de facto moving the goal posts on you since they are offering you sailings that are not comparable. Don't know if you will get anywhere, but I'm on your side here.

Thanks, I will try, don't have much hope though, will probably end up having to upgrade from JS to GS on next sailing if they say no. Or canceling all the JSs out of spite.

Had the sail dates all lined up perfectly to reach eat tier but oh well.

I'm thinking the most you'll get is OBC, well they are already offering OBC. Though not enough in my opinions. We were upset on Rhapsody's cancellation and went from a 13-day down to a 8-day, so I'm guessing they figured we had more invested. Also, three cancelled cruises, isn't nearly as bad financially for Royal as six cruises. But Royal has had that whole Anthem hurricane too.

IIRC in 2012 I got 3 bonus points. Enchantment was then based in Baltimore and had broken down in the terminal, delayed for about 2 days and then traveling at reduced speeds for a few more days until final repairs were made. This was in February and I think Royal gave bonus points for cruises on Enchantment for the next 3 or 4 months. No inconvenience for me but a welcome incentive.

Roy

Don't know what IRRC means.

But we were on Enchantment in 2012, and also got six extra points (suite benefit). Others on the cruise also got extra points, and we never knew why. I thought it was because I had Royal Caribbean do our hotel rooms, pre and post-cruise. But I never got extra points before for hotel stays.

On Snowbird, we got a partial port fee refund. Glad too, because they had us in a tent, and I had to drag my luggage up a very steep gangplank in the cold. So, glad it had stopped snowing, or I would have been in trouble.

HAL gives points for onboard expenses. I asked C&A to give the same perk. We've spent thousands over the years, but they said no.

Edited by knittinggirl

That's a god point, I don't care about the points themselves I just wanted to be Diamond for my next cruise after 5 day Empress cause I am only booked in JS that next cruise. I don't care if they make me Diamond at 78 points rather than giving me the 2 points.

I will call them see if this approach works. I am not holding out much hope after all these negative replies.

Based on what I am reading, it sounds as if you are a lawyer ('trial dates") and you know that demanding is often not the approach to take, and sometimes 'falling on the mercy of the court' gets you more positive results.

When our situation occurred several years ago when the points system changed, we were careful in both our tone and wording and in the end, got the desired outcome, which wasn't the point itself.

I have read throughout this thread, how the situation of others, did not work out as positively as mine.

Good luck.