4 X ships in port same time, unusual? party? (Demi Lovato) 2 Threads Merged

dodger1964

Our next X cruise (Christmas week 2016) stops in St. Maarten on Wednesday, December 28th.

I was researching how many ships were in port same day to see what kind of crowds to expect...and found that there are 4 X ships in town!!

Is that a record?

The Equinox and Eclipse are there that day and don't leave until 5pm the 29th.

The Reflection and Summit(the ship we are on), are there from 8 & 930 am until midnight.

X should organize a shore side party for the occasion.

Our first time in St. Martin, we had five ships, including Oasis of the Seas, so more like five and a half. Ridiculously busy, but we did manage to hook up with a couple from a Carnival ship to do a taxi tour.

Edit-- Well, I missed that all four were Celebrity ships.

Edited by PartyAllDaTyme

Our next X cruise (Christmas week 2016) stops in St. Maarten on Wednesday, December 28th.

I was researching how many ships were in port same day to see what kind of crowds to expect...and found that there are 4 X ships in town!!

Is that a record?

The Reflection and Summit(the ship we are on), are there from 8 & 930 am until midnight.

I had noticed that as well. Great excuse for a party. It could work if all four were dock against the same pier.

Edited by Project_gal

It is unusual to have four Celebrity ships in the same port.

I probably should have used "Celebrity" and not "X"...I get in the habit of shortening it for these boards, and I'm not sure everyone knows the abbreviation.

I don't think we have ever had more than 2 Celebrity ships in the same port at the same time.

And I have never been to St Maartin and left as late as midnight!

That could be a first. You ought to write to Celebrity and ask them. Good excuse for a partee! Would love to hear the duelling horns that day:cool:

Phil

That's what I thought....going to be alot of fun!

That could be a first. You ought to write to Celebrity and ask them. Good excuse for a partee! Would love to hear the duelling horns that day:cool:

Phil

That was my first thought too...but since no ship is leaving before midnight I don't know if they will do that...Usually they do it when leaving (last time we were there they blew whistle to warn the "dock runners" to pick up the pace)...and then when leaving we had horn salute from a MSC ship.

I also thought a "dock party" or BBQ would be fun, but I suppose that wouldn't be a safe place to have a party?

And we are on Equinox. So, we will see you there. :)

• 5 months later...

Saw this in a new thread, but thought I would resurrect this old thread.

I don't know if we had anything to do with it, but why not dare to dream.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/demi-lovato?cid=pr_int_pres_brndgn_1410_hoca_mul_all_997

thanks to patty55 for the news.

(I hoped they would do something...this has to be a very very very unusual occurrence)

Well that's cool! Don, I can't name any of her songs, but I'm aware of her.

I'm always jealous when I see big-name performers on other cruise lines, especially comedians.

I agree, just not with their choice of performers. She's very much a young person's performer. Almost tweens since I don't know any young adults who are fans.

Well that's cool! Don, I can't name any of her songs, but I'm aware of her.

I'm always jealous when I see big-name performers on other cruise lines, especially comedians.

She's not exactly "on the cruise line" here, she'll be at a "special venue," and X guests will have access by paying $100 or $300 (VIP) [on top of the cruise fare].

She's not exactly "on the cruise line" here, she'll be at a "special venue," and X guests will have access by paying $100 or $300 (VIP) [on top of the cruise fare].

Well, as Patty says, her fans are quite young and the turnout could be awful. That would be embarrassing, wouldn't it? Is there a cruise that overnights in St. Maarten that leads them to believe there might be higher attendance because passengers don't have anything else planned during the evening?

She's looking good on her years - didn't knew she could sing, I remember her most for Ghost :D

The Caribbean cruises must have a completely different age demographic to the ones we've been on ex Southampton. I think Millican & Nesbitt would be a better match for the UK :eek: