Next teriorsm location ??

zoncom

Booked B2B Celebrity T/A and European cruises as a solo. None of my friends stupid enough to do it. Almost a month, have been to every port. Is Isis looking for foreigners or is it also a random act? . Am I correct in thinking Isis will attack at random new places, not previous ones?? I guess I can stay on board if WW3 erupts .Any comment?

Edited by zoncom

Booked B2B Celebrity T/A and European cruises as a solo. None of my friends stupid enough to do it. Almost a month, have been to every port. Is Isis looking for foreigners or is it also a random act? . Am I correct in thinking Isis will attack at random new places, not previous ones?? I guess I can stay on board if WW3 erupts .Any comment?

I guess if you think about it, it can be scary. Especially traveling to Europe where ISIS seems to be concentrating. Try and put the possibility iof something happening in the back of your mind and concentrate on enjoying your cruise and the exciting places you will get to see and experience. Something some of us wish we can do but for financial reasons never will.

Go, enjoy yourself and when you come back write a review so I can at least see Europe through your eyes.

In November after the Paris attacks all you heard was Belgium is next and Brussels was actually pretty much shut down for a couple of days in November and nothing happened, until March of course. If that doesn't tell us that even with best efforts nothing can stop these terrorists if they want to strike I don't know what would.

Actually it is the intelligence/analyst types you are looking for, not really military.

ISIS will strike where they think they can do it relatively unimpeded (think public locations), and where they can do the most damage to unprotected civilians (think the "soft target" locations so commonly mentioned in so many media discussions). Other than that, there is no way to predict when and where they will strike. No successful terrorist announces exactly where or when they will strike.

Only in Hollywood do the heroes consistently ride in just at the right minute. And only on TV are all these issues resolved in an hour, every time.

We have not, and will not, cancel our Paris/London trip this summer.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Well..they HATE Americans, and "infidels" in general....

They're not so fussy, CB, they hate pretty-well anyone.

And especially other Muslims who follow a different code of the faith - atrocities we hear little about since our media naturally concentrates on atrocities in the west.

JB

In a few weeks a friend and I are boarding a ship and doing a TA from Florida that is followed with a British Isles itinerary .... total of 30 days aboard. We have no intention of letting the terrorists deter us from taking what is to us a very important bucket list cruise. If we and other like us stay home because of them, it's a victory for Isis, because they intimidated us into giving up our dreams of visiting the British Isles.

The next terror attack could be in your back yard.

We don't know.

The chance of you getting hurt in an automobile accident is far greater then being a victim of a terrorist attack.

Keith

Well said Keith. Look at San Bernadino.

I must say though that the police in Belgium appear to be ill prepared

to handle the situation.

That and the lack of sharing info

amongst countries is very disconcerting. 😡

I think your best bet is to keep checking with the State Department's website. I am sure if things become anymore unstable they will begin warning Americans what to do.

Isn't it sad that in this day and age we need to worry about things like this to ruin what should be a fun time?

We have a med/European cruise booked for next year. Dh and I decided to "wait and see" what happens. We thought about changing the cruise to another area, but we aren't sure one area is any safer than another. We will keep our eyes and ears open until final payment is near.

Good luck to all who are traveling to and from Europe.

I think your best bet is to keep checking with the State Department's website. I am sure if things become anymore unstable they will begin warning Americans what to do.

Isn't it sad that in this day and age we need to worry about things like this to ruin what should be a fun time?

We have a med/European cruise booked for next year. Dh and I decided to "wait and see" what happens. We thought about changing the cruise to another area, but we aren't sure one area is any safer than another. We will keep our eyes and ears open until final payment is near.

Good luck to all who are traveling to and from Europe.

We are literally in the same boat (no pun intended).

Moving forward with our Med cruise this year and while we also booked

a Western European cruise for 2017, we'll see how things play out.

One of the ports is Belgium which we booked prior to the recent attacks.

If ISIS is looking for large crowds of tourists, I'll say the ports in South Florida would be a target-rich environment…

Seriously, there is no rhyme nor reason to who/where any terrorist, be it a lone wolf or an organized pack, will strike next. That is why it is called terrorism. They set out to frighten everyone, everywhere.

If any intelligence group knew where ISIS or any other group would strike next, there would be no strike. I'd be more concerned for those thousands of people living in the camps of Turkey and Syria and Iraq - ISIS does not approve of them and the massacres of them will continue...