Live from the Westerdam-Join the "Pearls of the Pacific" gang's South Pacific Cruise

kazu

Buy Kona coffee - the real stuff, not the 10% blend - Hawaii needs the money! Besides it is good stuff.

Plan to buy it in Kona. Hoping the price is a bit better than what I have seen so far on the Islands.:eek:

Is there a place where there is a better price by any chance? Thanks :)

Well, I have "done" the laundry (otherwise known as putting it in the laundry bag). Now, that's what I call a vacation :)

Off to dinner and I will try to update the On Locations and Menus for everyone tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Stupid internet not working really fouled things up - but we will get there.

We have what I hope will be a fabulous tour tomorrow in Kona so stay tuned. If the guides attentiveness in emails are any indication - it should be a good day.

Plan to buy it in Kona. Hoping the price is a bit better than what I have seen so far on the Islands.:eek:

Is there a place where there is a better price by any chance? Thanks :)

There's always a truck just before you turn into the Costco parking lot selling Kona coffee. Pretty sure Costco sells it too. You do need a car to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Kazu. I'm on your tour tomorrow. I hope we have some time for a little Hawaiian shopping. I'd like to get some Kona coffee too. And I'm still on the hunt for that perfect muumuu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are lots of shops right by the pier with a variety of goods. Check out the ABC store for souvenirs. One of my favorite artists, Cindy Coates, has a shop right across from the pier. Check out her stuff. The Keahou Trolley stops at the pier and goes to several shopping stops nearby. It is $2 a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mass was in the Hudson Room again, and again, SRO. They should know better. It was stifling hot, and I would imagine that 80plus people is over capacity for that room. I'm definitely going to complain!

That's two weeks in a row!

Try saying "Fire Hazard". That may initiate a change. At the very least they should open up all three meeting rooms, if not move Sunday Vigil to a larger venue.

You are on too long of a cruise to put up with this every week.

Good luck, and let us know next week, please.

Great and much appreciated posts and photos by everyone!

Remember to save some cash for the Fanning Islands. If you don't buy double what you think you want there, you will regret it!!

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the tip Silver :). We have cash saved and I think to save lugging, I will put my donation stuff in the box at the front desk.

Kona - we were up bright and early to watch the "tender dance".

72de1f9e8e0826e9502d7841f19fd129.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And we saw the sunrise this morning!!!

9a83af1af7d83dab5d57c9e75165844b.jpg

It was a long day. Up very early,but it all worked wit the tenders. One tender down 4 to go (I think). Beautiful sail a way party with our CC friends, sapper1, Vict0riann & taxmantoo. The sunset was incredible but I couldn't grab the camera in time. And we just sat awestruck.

The moon is crescent shaped now. But pics aren't working as it has gotten too dark. Will try tomorrow.

Long day but a good one. Full recap later. Right now, it is time for dinner after working hard to prepare the appetizers - LOL.

cheers from the seas leaving Kona

Konichiwa Kazu et al from Japan. I'm enjoying reading all the posts and fabulous photos. I emerged from my food coma long enough to go online and play catch up on CC.

Smooth Sailing! [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji1]

Beautiful sunrise.

Recommend an ultra-violet filter for all of your cameras (daytime sunny shots). No doubt you are wondering why most of your wonderful pics are "washed out". UV, which we don't see as humans, white-overloads camera sensors/film sensors.

Still love the pics though! Keep 'em coming, please. Also menus, etc. I still dream ...

That's two weeks in a row!

Try saying "Fire Hazard". That may initiate a change. At the very least they should open up all three meeting rooms, if not move Sunday Vigil to a larger venue.

You are on too long of a cruise to put up with this every week.

Good luck, and let us know next week, please.

Father John told us that someone forgot to open the partition last nigh. It was open tonight for the 5 PM mass.

Recommend an ultra-violet filter for all of your cameras (daytime sunny shots). No doubt you are wondering why most of your wonderful pics are "washed out". UV, which we don't see as humans, white-overloads camera sensors/film sensors.

Still love the pics though! Keep 'em coming, please. Also menus, etc. I still dream ...

DH has all the gadgets needed for his camera. I need to get my hands on his memory card. I can probably set my camera at a different setting. Not the brightest when it comes to this stuff. The sunrise was actually taken with my iPad though :)

Here is the April 6th On Location...

eeea4a582df8aaf2cc814368dc4b412d.jpg

d2fff15f0d31bb346869b9287608958e.jpg

f15d3550a2cdf084b0cfa48f2041c1c4.jpg

And the dinner menu for that night....

5259965badc153368e3333112e183044.jpg

Edited by kazu