Live from the Westerdam-Join the "Pearls of the Pacific" gang's South Pacific Cruise

kazu

I want to thank the folks posting in this thread over the course of your cruise. I've been reading along and realized I had never taken the time to say how much I enjoyed and appreciated your posts. Shame on me! Appreciate all the work you've put into this while on vacation!

Such good news - thank you!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Howdy Gerry; CD Mario is scheduled to repat from EUDM during the 1st week of July. Not sure who will be his replacement, nor her CD in the Fall/on your TA yet

Disembarkation - well, we took our passports as ordered, presented our customs forms inside the passport. Customs officer took our passports and form, took the form and didn't take one look at our passports. [sigh]

One nice thing was that we were called out of the disembarking lineup for Customs clearance - I guess he figured that we were in transit with no carry on luggage.

No Mariner luncheon listed in the On Location today by the way. There was when we boarded interesting.

I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have enjoyed all of the post from this cruise. Thank you to all ! We are looking forward to next March for our cruise to the South Pacific on the Maasdam .

Sharon and Jim

Howdy Gerry; CD Mario is scheduled to repat from EUDM during the 1st week of July. Not sure who will be his replacement, nor her CD in the Fall/on your TA yet

Hmmm, thanks for the info; maybe he'll go on leave and return to the Eurodam for us! (fingers crossed)

BTW, welcome home!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Also, from me, welcome home Copper. Was it a good World Cruise?

Thank you Ma'am; it was excellent! Enjoy the trip home to your beautiful city on the big island

I have arrived home and am still getting into the swing of things. But I have to thank all the CC members I met on this cruise for making me feel welcome and in good company. I had a great time in spite of missing my husband a lot because of all the good people I was traveling with. I have to thank Kazu especially for all her hard work in doing the spreadsheet and helped keep all of us organized. For all her great posts that I will have to go back and read now that I have uninterrupted internet service. Victoriann, Gigianne, Scapnana, Suzieislandgirl, scluvsrain and others who I met and kept me company on a lot of sea days and on the excursions, thank you. Hope to see you all again on another cruise, somewhere, sometime.

Traveling Dot:)

I have enjoyed this thread so much, if fact during your voyage we decided to book the September Tales of the South Pacific on Amsterdam! So much to learn... now wondering about the weather in October :)

Thank you all for your enlightening reports and taking the time and $s to share with us. m--

Disembarked San Diego with no problem until we got to airport and Mom realized she forgot to get one of her bags in the cruise terminal. Not used to traveling with so much luggage. Don't want to know how much she is paying Fedex to have it shipped but fortunately she'll be in the Bay Area for the week and it doesn't have to go to her home in HI. I'll have to watch out for her more next time.

X-ray at airport decided my wood sculpture from Nuku Hiva was suspicious so I had my bag opened for the first time.

We both had an enjoyable cruise and she didn't mind the extra sea days at all. Since we booked the cruise last February with some credit when Veendam missed a few ports after Panama Canal it was fitting that we got more credit this time. And Mario was on that ship too before he got to be CD on NA. hmmm

One of my favorite photo ops was seeing our Captain strip before the cooking comp with Mario. I so wanted them to start playing the stripper music. He is quite the stud.

Glad I paid for internet so I could see the posts of others, and make some of my own, while onboard. I'm sure I'll see some of you again.

Kind of a sad, grey day today, with a lot of our new friends missing. The ship seems very quiet. The sit and stitch group was smaller, and winding down. And tomorrow we'll be packing.

Yay! The orchids are back in the Lido restaurant.[emoji4]

1e5408cb63d968861a1d6550c6e9e589.jpg

I wonder why the orchids were missing in the first place, and for most of your cruise. We are always so accustomed to having them on the Lido tables, and it is a nice touch. I remember way back when, on my first HAL cruise, checking them out to see if the were real.:o

I am really going to miss reading this thread every day. Thank you to Kazu and the rest of you who made it so enjoyable...and the trip so enticing, bad weather and all. One other thing...I was also reading Lisa's posts from the Konigsdam, where she was so unhappy with the food and the service. Such different reports! I'm hoping my upcoming Voyage of the Vikings has the great service etc that Kazu described!

I wonder why the orchids were missing in the first place, and for most of your cruise. We are always so accustomed to having them on the Lido tables, and it is a nice touch. I remember way back when, on my first HAL cruise, checking them out to see if the were real.:o

Lizzie, my feeling was that somehow, new orchids were not ordered for when we boarded in San Diego, so the old ones that had been on the ship through the Panama Canal gradually wilted and died and there was nothing to replace them with. I think there must have been quite a lot of stuff that didn't make it on to the ship in SD, there were definitely some missing wines as well.