Printing Luggage Tags

We're leaving in a week and so we'll be doing online check in this weekend. I've read that there are luggage tags that we will need to print. Now this may be a silly question, but if we print them, they'll be on standard paper...which is obviously not very strong and thus, can rip very easily. Are we missing something? Or do we need some kind of plastic holder for them?

Also, is it true that when we do online check in, that we will have to wait a few days to receive the luggage tags for printing?

Thanks.

We're leaving in a week and so we'll be doing online check in this weekend. I've read that there are luggage tags that we will need to print. Now this may be a silly question, but if we print them, they'll be on standard paper...which is obviously not very strong and thus, can rip very easily. Are we missing something? Or do we need some kind of plastic holder for them?

Also, is it true that when we do online check in, that we will have to wait a few days to receive the luggage tags for printing?

Thanks.

When you print them they are designed to be folded a few times to give them extra strength however, I use a roll of clear packing tape and cover both sides. Never had one come off yet. You can also buy the reusable luggage tag holders either here on CC or on EBay.

I usually wait and do on line check in about 2 weeks prior to my cruise and have had no problems printing the tags the same day.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks for the replies. Good suggestion to cover them with clear packing tape.

Yeah, never realized we can check in way in advance, but hopefully 1 week is still sufficient time.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Good suggestion to cover them with clear packing tape.

Yeah, never realized we can check in way in advance, but hopefully 1 week is still sufficient time.

Another option is luggage tag holders:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1459605313&sr=1-2&nodeID=9479199011&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags+royal+caribbean

I like the metal ring and grommet on the ones Bob posted. We purchased these from Cruise Critic store, http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46 but add zip ties for extra security. When mine wear out or break I will be going to the ones on Amazon.

We also use the plastic tag holders from Amazon. Works really well. Before that we got whole sheets of the label paper at Office Depot. It is much thicker and has a sticky back. It's like the tags they give you for debarkation. Just don't tear off the whole back. Only about 2 or 3 inches at the end from one side and stick it to the other side. Then you can get multiple tags from each sheet (about 4 tags). Simply print the first one, then cut it to size, then run the same page through your printer moving the tag each time. Works well.

We also use the plastic tag holders from Amazon. Works really well. Before that we got whole sheets of the label paper at Office Depot. It is much thicker and has a sticky back. It's like the tags they give you for debarkation. Just don't tear off the whole back. Only about 2 or 3 inches at the end from one side and stick it to the other side. Then you can get multiple tags from each sheet (about 4 tags). Simply print the first one, then cut it to size, then run the same page through your printer moving the tag each time. Works well.

We got a "lot" from Amazon a few years ago from a tip I got on this forum. They've been great. Been all over the Caribbean and back and always done a good job[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks.

When you do your on line check in, there should be a place that says,

'print luggage tags'

We print ours on normal copy paper, then cut and fold them and then laminate them.

Cut them out individually and put a hole in them with a hole punch, then connect it with a small cable tie to the bag.

That is if you have a laminator. Enjoy your cruise.

Well, I was just about to ask the question about laminating my luggage tags for my upcoming cruise on the roll call but you all answered my question before I need to even ask it.

This is an awesome group of people!! :)

If you buy the luggage tag plastic holders, don't buy the ones specifically for Royal Caribbean. They will only work for RCI and Celebrity, because they are too small for the other cruise lines. (You might want to try another line some day.) Go with the larger ones; they will work just fine for RCI as well as the other cruise lines.

Many people are promoting the ones on Amazon.com. I am sure they are great because they have many good first-hand reviews.

I would, however, like to offer an alternative choice, particularly to fellow Canadians.

http://www.shacke.com/luggage-tags/cruise-tags/

Their shipping to me in Ontario was $8.65 USD which is quite reasonable IMO. The tags on Amazon.com will not ship to Canada as of when I checked a month ago (when I bought the Shacke tags instead).

The Shacke tags have a zip-top closure that I think the Raqpak tags on Amazon.com don't have as far as I can tell (perhaps someone can confirm). Shacke claims the zip-top feature is exclusive to them.

I have yet to use them on a cruise, but by cursory examination, they are every bit the equal of the Raqpak tags, and possibly better given the zip-top.

Disclosure: I am not receiving any kick-backs from Shacke. ;)

Many people are promoting the ones on Amazon.com. I am sure they are great because they have many good first-hand reviews.

I would, however, like to offer an alternative choice, particularly to fellow Canadians.

http://www.shacke.com/luggage-tags/cruise-tags/

Their shipping to me in Ontario was $8.65 USD which is quite reasonable IMO. The tags on Amazon.com will not ship to Canada as of when I checked a month ago (when I bought the Shacke tags instead).

The Shacke tags have a zip-top closure that I think the Raqpak tags on Amazon.com don't have as far as I can tell (perhaps someone can confirm). Shacke claims the zip-top feature is exclusive to them.

I have yet to use them on a cruise, but by cursory examination, they are every bit the equal of the Raqpak tags, and possibly better given the zip-top.

Disclosure: I am not receiving any kick-backs from Shacke. ;)

These look very good. The Amazon tags do not have a zip-top feature.

You will have up to 3 days before you cruise to print out your Set Sail pass, then generally RCCL closes it down. If you provide your Email Address doing Online Check In, then you get notified when Tags are ready. I always fold ours and place in the holders

The tags on Amazon.com will not ship to Canada as of when I checked a month ago (when I bought the Shacke tags instead).

I'm quite sure those other tags are lovely.

FWIW, there are what look to be the same tag holders as sold on .com on amazon.ca. :)